OpenALPR Tool - Save and Query CSV Exports Steps I took To Get Mine Working. ZERO Programming Experience.

Sprite

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
LOL, Did try to write it to make sure anyone can easily follow. Glad to hear it was easy enough.

DO you know what changes you have to make because of open alpr changes ?

I can impliment those changes to the guide again and re-upload.. for others.
I made these changes

And these

Mike4030

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
While I work on getting this working, if I continue to manually download the CSV file from the open alpr website and save to my computer will I then be able to import those files into the downloader?

tech101

Known around here
Reaction score
While I work on getting this working, if I continue to manually download the CSV file from the open alpr website and save to my computer will I then be able to import those files into the downloader?
The Sql Database has to be configured/running correctly once it is it should able to download automatically and import. You can try to manually upload file also

1602628597424.png

But sql like I said has to be configured/running correctly to begin with..

Mike4030

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Okay its importing now. Thank you.
Now I'm working on the viewer.
I edited the data source to SQLEXPRESS. Then when I double click on The dashboard, the window in the bottom right corner where I need to fix the date doesn't show up.

tech101

Known around here
Reaction score
Okay its importing now. Thank you.
Now I'm working on the viewer.
I edited the data source to SQLEXPRESS. Then when I double click on The dashboard, the window in the bottom right corner where I need to fix the date doesn't show up.
Not sure sounds like to me you are referring to the dashboard when editing the code. If, yes then when you click on those dates once. it should show up to edit..

1602632966982.png

Mike4030

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Yes but for some reason that window doesn’t pop up.
I’m guessing it’s a setting in visual studio that’ I need to change.

tech101

Known around here
Reaction score
Yes but for some reason that window doesn’t pop up.
I’m guessing it’s a setting in visual studio that’ I need to change.

Try selecting date by clicking once and Hit F4 on the keyboard to open the properties window on the side :)

Gymratz

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
What I want to ask someone here is also If the viewer can also do partial plate search.
First of all. Thanks for taking on all this documentation and helping people!

Second, partial searches work. Use a % as wildcard.

Abc123

%bc123
Abc1%
%c12%

All would find it.

tech101

Known around here
Reaction score
GymRatz is it possible on the viewer app to Search by Status type since i have some added in there like, Friends, Family, Neighbor ..etc..

So in search if we can say just put Family and give date range all family plates comes up ? Once again thank you!

Gymratz

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
GymRatz is it possible on the viewer app to Search by Status type since i have some added in there like, Friends, Family, Neighbor ..etc..

So in search if we can say just put Family and give date range all family plates comes up ? Once again thank you!
Interesting - another novel use! My mind had gone to the opposite - hiding certain people (known cars) to see only the unknown.
I'll look into that another day - done at the PC for tonight.
Warning though - it will take slightly more to update. That change will require a change to one or more SQL Queries as well. I've also made some other minor changes to the viewer for my needs over the past year that may or may not have impacted the Tables and/or Stored Procedures.

I'll circle back some other night - thanks for the ideas on this!

tech101

Known around here
Reaction score
Thank you no worries just a thought When ever you have time Thank you so much for the auto download options and stuff thank you!

Mike4030

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I got the downloader working and the viewer working. Thank you Tech101 for the guide and helping.
Question with the viewer. In the window under "search license plate data" it shows date and time. But mine is off by 3 hrs.InkedInkedUntitled_LI.jpg
Anything I did wrong?

tech101

Known around here
Reaction score
I got the downloader working and the viewer working. Thank you Tech101 for the guide and helping.
Question with the viewer. In the window under "search license plate data" it shows date and time. But mine is off by 3 hrs.View attachment 72664
Anything I did wrong?
I know there is a date fix.. somewhere to do @Gymratz showed me a while ago. .Let me search for it I will let you know.. Its in the code somewhere..

tech101

Known around here
Reaction score
This was the instructions I think Gymratz provided me to fix mine a while ago.

MAKE SURE BEFORE YOU TRY Save Your Current Code Somewhere else so that way if it does not work you can still.. Fall back.. Until we figure it out. I think this worked for me..

Try this..

Ok, this is in code.
Search for this in dashboard.cs: Exec sp_LPR_AllPlates
You will find it in two places.
First place is private void Load_Plates() near the top. This one is correct, it passes in more items.

1585011835828.png

Lower down there is Set_Plate_Details -- in this one, I call the same Stored Procedure, but I fail to set all of the same values.

1585011893499.png

Update this lower section to ensure you're passing in @CurrentOffset. (I just went ahead and passed in everything to be the same - made it easier - couple of copy/paste).
Now looks like this.

1585012023483.png

I believe that will do it for you.

On other note Wow you just got it to work and have 46 thousand plates record it on a highway lol

Mike4030

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Lol, yea I got about 6-7 thousands plates a day. Busy road.
The png pictures you posted aren't showing.
Since i'm changing the code I might as well change the downloader to "auto start downloads" also.
Do you have the code you changed to do that?

Gymratz

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
The Auto Downloading (and a couple other small fixes) were uploaded to Git - you can pull down the newest code for LPR_Downloader to get all of that.
The LPR_Viewer is currently in progress of getting some quality of life updates. The previous updates (e.g. the time fix) it appears I never uploaded to Git - but will be included in the next upload along with everything else.

tech101

Known around here
Reaction score
Lol, yea I got about 6-7 thousands plates a day. Busy road.
The png pictures you posted aren't showing.
Since i'm changing the code I might as well change the downloader to "auto start downloads" also.
Do you have the code you changed to do that?

I am not sure why The images not showing it is definitely visible anyways. I know there is some work in progress for viewer you may wanna wait for it. .since it will be super cool with like Gymratz said some quality stuff.. :)

On other note for plate records, For sure that seems like a very busy road lol I only have like 60k plates and I been doing since March.. Anyhow cool though. Let us know how the performance become since your data is going to be huge. Also your plate images data is gonna grow really quick as well. So keep an eye on the Gb you set for that on side.

Sprite

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
The Auto Downloading (and a couple other small fixes) were uploaded to Git - you can pull down the newest code for LPR_Downloader to get all of that.
The LPR_Viewer is currently in progress of getting some quality of life updates. The previous updates (e.g. the time fix) it appears I never uploaded to Git - but will be included in the next upload along with everything else.
If you're updating the viewer, some things I would like to suggest/request:

Request, add a record removal option

Not sure if it's possible, but have the viewer work on any computer on the network rather than the server.

Gymratz

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
If you're updating the viewer, some things I would like to suggest/request:

Request, add a record removal option

Not sure if it's possible, but have the viewer work on any computer on the network rather than the server.
Record removal is effectively there, it's the "Duplicate" button.
I think the viewer would work from any machine, in theory. As long as you have your ALPR Webserver set to accept remote connections, and your SQL server set to accept remote connections. I have no reason to believe it wouldn't work... Will test at some point. Working on smoothing out issues in current update.

Gymratz

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Darn, I take that back.
While SQL would be the first stopper (you'd have to allow remote connections, update the config to point to remote server, and likely update "Integrated authentication" to be SQL Authentication and create an account (unless you're on a domain)
I think you'll also have to update ALPR webserver to allow remote connections (not sure if that is allowed by default).
But, also my code to do the images has the webserver hardcoded - so I'd have to get that as a variable.

Not on the list for things right now. Even if I updated that to be a variable - it would take someone a fair amount of knowledge to do the first portions. If the person can figure out the first portions, they could also find/replace 127.0.0.1 with the remote address in code. I will keep this in mind though for the future / might think of another way to make the connection easy without the manual effort.