OpenALPR Tool - Save and Query CSV Exports

tech101

Known around here
Reaction score
Done, Changes Images to 40 Gb and left the Video at 2.. Not sure if video is something even needed.

1582940921329.png

So After this My next step is to ? Change the config in the app.config ? Also

Email sign in email password is that like SMTP email add required for notification so in other term make like a generic gmail account ?

DLONG2

Known around here
Reaction score
Just for purposes of operating the automatic downloads from the openALPR cloud and importing into the database and then viewing the records, just fill out:

• "SQLCon" connection string (You would need to have created the LPR database and tables already)
  • "Webserver" value
  • "alprUser" value
  • "alprPassword" value
  • "csvArchiveLocation" value
Note the way Gymratz's App.config's sample values are typed, surrounded by quotation marks. Just be sure to follow the same syntax. The coding editor will let you know if there's any coding errors.
And leave the rest of the values for later, as they're just alerts you can have sent out later on, once the basic process is working.

And I believe filling out this very handy App.config file is all the programming you need to do within Visual Studio, except:

• Fix the DateTimePicker unhandled error in the viewer program (if it still occurs)
  • Compile the program into a standalone EXE

Last edited:

tech101

Known around here
Reaction score
I did I think most of it However I run into a build error with cert..

1582943100019.png

Also For Database All I did was right click and new data base not sure what string I think it is like PCNAME\SQLEXPRESS\LPR on Line 6

1582943223268.png

1582943261186.png

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Total newbie on all this and have read and reread this thread and debating if I wanna jump into this or keep searching for other alternatives. If @tech101 gets it going easily then maybe I will try too - it just seems like most that have implemented this has some programming background.

I am sure you all have looked at or tried these, but I did a simple search on GitHub and lots of different plate recognizing threads pop up. Maybe some of the code is worked in yours or yours is better - I really do not know.

I am completely naive to this programming stuff, so I don't know if these things are legit or smoke and mirrors, but like this one for example looks like it can take images or video and extract out plates and dump to CSV file: marcbelmont/deep-license-plate-recognition

Or this one or one of the many others on GitHub: charithreddyv/LicencePlateRecognition

What am I missing, or is my lack of programming knowledge what is missing LOL!

tech101

Known around here
Reaction score
I wanna say I got it compiled with other fields seems to be right since my account is loggin in :D WOW.. but but I dont think I got the SQL Right..

1582944159715.png

DLONG2

Known around here
Reaction score
I believe Gymratz designed a couple or few .sql files. Running these .sql files within the SQL Server management application will automaticaly create the needed database and tables and fields. I believe you might have to provide the name of the database. Once created, the SQL Server will have a 'connection string' to this new database. You would copy that value into the App.config file.

DLONG2

Known around here
Reaction score
LPRviewer_Overview2.png

Here's a quick basic overview of the process to acquire, store and view plates. Technically, the LPR Viewer shows the plate images via the webserver, running on the OpenALPR client.

tech101

Known around here
Reaction score
So I have run the SQL from 01 - 14 open and execute it within LPR.. i Have also done those in order :D

1582947973073.png

I guess now what I am not understanding is where is the string how to get it and how or where to attach it..

DLONG2

Known around here
Reaction score
Great! Look at the tables you have now, in the new "LPR" database. Now try to find the all-important connection string of this new database.

tech101

Known around here
Reaction score
I feel like this is it...

1582948552176.png

Basically Server is PCNAME\SQLEXPRESS

And Connection is PCNAME\Username (On the PC which I am signed as) ?

Does that sound correct ?

Also if it is correct is that what I use as connection string ?

DLONG2

Known around here
Reaction score
Easy. Right-click on that top-most SQLEXPRESS node, and select 'Properties'. Then you will see the connection string to copy. Once copied you would paste it into the App.config file's SQLcon value.

tech101

Known around here
Reaction score
I did not get it I even watched this guy video.. But I cannot even get to connect to my sql.. maybe mine is not running or I basically have no clue..

tech101

Known around here
Reaction score
Yes, Finally I got the String :D OMG !! I got it using the method from the video now I compiled the EXe will I keep seeing a grey window until the next platE ? or something ?

tech101

Known around here
Reaction score
I suspect the method I used my connection string maybe not in right format ? Can someone shed some light on this connection string thanks :D

DLONG2

Known around here
Reaction score
Isn't that 'SQL Connection Information' box supposed to show your connection string? Try pasting the connection string into that box, and then click Save.

tech101

Known around here
Reaction score
Isn't that 'SQL Connection Information' box supposed to show your connection string? Try pasting the connection string into that box, and then click Save.
When trying to save I am getting the following error.

1582957755335.png

tech101

Known around here
Reaction score
Hi Everyone, I wanted to update everyone on this. So As I Stated in my previous post I have ZERO experience in Programming. However I still wanted this software so bad.. Since @Gymratz & @DLONG2 Made it so nice and useful. I cannot thank them enough Specially to @DLONG2 He helped me get thru a lot of issues I was running into most of it was my learning curve as well @DLONG2 Never gave up on me. Thank you thank you thank you !!!

Okay I will be soon putting up a guide on how to go about this from start to finish or at-least what I did to get it to work.. So take it with grain of salt once I have it.

Right now I am working on an active issue which Might break things again tomorrow since I am running into some date range issue on the viewer.. will see Once I have all that sorted out a guide will be coming :D

1582996525097.png

1582996588984.png

Once again thank you !