Ordered Sony SNC-VB770 Image Sensor Size 35MM :)

sorka

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Tracking shows Saturday. I've lusted after this camera for YEARS. Really hope the dual stream thing can be sorted out. Doing DS or motion on an 8 mp image would make my CPU jump from the current 4% to 30%.

sorka

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Trying to get into it first without a factory reset to see if I can find the hour counter. The default login and password don't work so that was at least changed from factory.

Scratch that. admin/admin

Apparently v1.3 has a different default password and I was trying that instead of the password for v1.1 which it still has.

sorka

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
So far no issues with second stream with first at 10 fps.

Capture.JPG
@tech101
What version of firmware are you on again?

sorka

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
So far it's allowing me to do 4 streams at 10 fps for each. The 5th appears to be disabled for whatever reason.

sorka

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I had no issues with setup in BI. I basically just copied exactly what I have for the VB635s and it all worked fine the first time including the substream.

Total CPU with all cameras is hovering around 4.5% for BI on this computer which which is running on on i7-8700 that I bought back in 2017.

sorka

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Did just run into one problem. I unplugged the camera for a few hours and then plugged it back in. No changes at all from me but the framerates of both streams in the settings changed to 5. I was able to change back to 10 and all is working, but it appears a power loss will cause the settings to revert to 5 fps.

tech101

Known around here
Reaction score
Did just run into one problem. I unplugged the camera for a few hours and then plugged it back in. No changes at all from me but the framerates of both streams in the settings changed to 5. I was able to change back to 10 and all is working, but it appears a power loss will cause the settings to revert to 5 fps.

Interesting, Also how do you like the 10Fps.. I feel like 15 fps is kind of the sweet spot for me.. But If it can run in 10 fps for dual stream I might will try that, But again so far Mine is not running in 10 I have to figure it out why that is.. Also are you running 50hz or 60 ? is it 16:9 ? 4k Multi Stream ?

sorka

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Interesting, Also how do you like the 10Fps.. I feel like 15 fps is kind of the sweet spot for me.. But If it can run in 10 fps for dual stream I might will try that, But again so far Mine is not running in 10 I have to figure it out why that is.. Also are you running 50hz or 60 ? is it 16:9 ? 4k Multi Stream ?
10 fps is what I'm using on all my cameras so I'm used it. 5 fps would be too slow.

Tried CBR which made no difference in allowed fps. It increased bitrate without any improvement in picture which is why I tend to use VBR.
So far, the main difference is your firmware. I'm very hesitant to upgrade to 1.3 although you might try going from 1.2 to 1.3. I wouldn't be surprised if you got a bug in 1.2 that they fixed. Can you downgrade to 1.1?

tech101

Known around here
Reaction score
10 fps is what I'm using on all my cameras so I'm used it. 5 fps would be too slow.

Tried CBR which made no difference in allowed fps. It increased bitrate without any improvement in picture which is why I tend to use VBR.
So far, the main difference is your firmware. I'm very hesitant to upgrade to 1.3 although you might try going from 1.2 to 1.3. I wouldn't be surprised if you got a bug in 1.2 that they fixed. Can you downgrade to 1.1?
Sweet, When you get a chance post a video capture.. Once its installed.

Yeah One time Bosch Almost had me walk thru the 1.2 to 1.3 upgrade I just chickened out lol Will see if I want to do this upgrade in future maybe I will have them on the phone to walk me thru each step.. For now I think I will be keeping it in 15 fps. What kind of lens are you going to use ?

sorka

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Using the stock 24-70 mm lens that came with it. In my testing last night it is more than sufficient to cover the cul-de-sac and capture license plates out to about 200 feet. My trackers can get the plates all the way to the top of the cul-de-sac about 400 feet away but that really isn't necessary. I only really want plates and faces if they come within 200 feet. So in my testing, the focus is set for about 175 feet away which still resolves the plates at 200 feet and as close as the 60 feet the cars can get from the hour. At 60 feet it starts to get just a tiny soft but since the cars are so much closer at that point, it still resolves plates just fine.

I still need to get a housing so I'm nowhere near close to actually installing it. I also need to run a new dedicated ethernet to one of two locations I'm evaluating. I've decided I'm adding, not replacing any locations. It's a sickness.

The software install should be pretty straight forward and if you're upgrading, it'll retain all your settings. Firmware 1.3 can be found here:

The zip file includes the update instructions which uses the SNC toolbox to do the upgrade. There isn't an upgrade UI in the camera itself.
Note, upgrading to 1.3 changes the default admin password and nukes and users you've added.
I'd do a settings backup in the system/initialize tab just to be safe.

sorka

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
The dotworkz store appears to no longer exist. Just errors out. Doesn't appear that the company survived the pandemic.
Edit: Up intermittently. I called them and they said they're having issues with their retail site at the moment and not to read anything into it.

Last edited:

tech101

Known around here
Reaction score
Yeah, I have that download firmware from last year I think its still the same 1.3. Will maybe try to see 10 fps vs 15 is not a huge different may go for it.. But will wait for your setup.. Yeah I am pretty happy with Dotworkz setup I got.. Its been protecting the cam pretty well so far. Where I am I been getting some hot weather lately Yesterday was like 116f outside but I don't run it in daytime so In night it dropped to somewhere around 90s... or mid 80s regardless the Dotworkz has an active fan..I believe there are some with heaters too but Again I don't I need it here in California weather.