Ordered Sony SNC-VB770 Image Sensor Size 35MM :)

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Exact reason I picked this camera, SNC-VB770 is the best in security camera seems to be on the planet when it comes to low light. :D

Here is a very in depth review on this camera :D

Now I am not sure if I am confused if you were referring to any other camera or no you said 2.5k for the camera. I just wanted to correct there if you are talking about this camera in particular it is around 8k not 2.5k.

Also the lens itself even a decent cheap one is around 1k

and if you go with Sony enclosure that is about 1.3k

So once if you add up all three to make this work even with just an decent lens it is about 10G +
It may be "the best" but it is not a reasonable solution for a surveillance camera. You can easily get better coverage with a few strategically placed large sensor cameras. You need to compare this camera to those not to an iphone that is inferior to even much older ip cameras in low light.

tech101

Known around here
Reaction score
It may be "the best" but it is not a reasonable solution for a surveillance camera. You can easily get better coverage with a few strategically placed large sensor cameras. You need to compare this camera to those not to an iphone that is inferior to even much older ip cameras in low light.
Yes, At that price multiple cameras might do the trick. For Me I do have about 10-12 camera right in front already looks a fort knox LOL one of which is a dahua sd8a840wa-hnf with that said after couple of months my order dahua did release a 4/3 sensor I might try that also in future :D I am hoping dahua comes in more option when it comes to 4/3 sensor or hik vision :D.

The reason I did this camera because of the image sensor and Fact that I can change lenses and make it zoom further if needed. But agree the price is very expensive. In my case I always way over kill and able to do it that was the reason I went ahead and got the camera dont get me wrong the camera is amazing but it is for sure more for commericial use like airports :D

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
"I am hoping dahua comes in more option when it comes to 4/3 sensor or hik vision :D "

Me too, in 4K. I think the 4/3" sensor is better suited to 4K than the 1/1.8" sensor is at night. Maybe Dahua could look into the 2/3" sensor for some applications. It seems that Hikvision uses the 2/3" sensor in a lot of their cameras.

tech101

Known around here
Reaction score
OMG OMG after what ken (blueiris) told me in email I try some settings which worked is that 7000 kbps for camera and then under HA used NVIDIA and right after I made those changes smooth as butter in BI..

1588022014772.png

I wanna again point out Ken always at blueiris go above and beyond to support his customers Love blueiris and also IPCT for always helping and supporting Thank you thank you everyone !! Time to shop the enclosure now got it to work 4k :) Yay !!!

tech101

Known around here
Reaction score
I just got the Enclosure box delivered today. Wanted to share some pics :) I really like it.. I have not had a chance to really review it or see much how it works. Maybe tomorrow if I get a chance but here are some pics :D the box is huge .. Almost about 2 ft long lol

IMG_9082.jpgIMG_9080.jpgIMG_9083.jpgIMG_9084.jpgIMG_9090.jpgIMG_9089.jpg

tech101

Known around here
Reaction score
That is impressive. I like the cooling fan setup. I wonder if it is thermally controlled?
As per manufacture (ST-CD-SS) provides extreme heat protection as high as 167° F (75° C) with thermostatically controlled active cooling. The Dotworkz S-Type COOLDOME™ 12V Active Cooling Camera Enclosure and Stainless Steel Arm IP66 (ST-CD-SS) also offers up to a 45° differential temperature between the inside and outside of the housing.

tech101

Known around here
Reaction score
Last edited:

tech101

Known around here
Reaction score
I would like to share my experience with Dotworkz Customer Service so far,

So I bought this product contacted there customer service on Sunday while they are closed..

Not only they responded to my questions/email Right away pretty much. Jay @ Dotworkz rendered the image for me which I sent him Without me asking him to do so or to go to these lengths to make me understand in where I need to Install the gel pack for best results.

Amazing Response time / Customer Service and Product is build like a tank. :) Really happy with them.. So far

1589155870869.png

ptzman

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I just got the Enclosure box delivered today. Wanted to share some pics :) I really like it.. I have not had a chance to really review it or see much how it works. Maybe tomorrow if I get a chance but here are some pics :D the box is huge .. Almost about 2 ft long lol

View attachment 61365View attachment 61366View attachment 61364View attachment 61363View attachment 61367View attachment 61368
There is an enclosure like this on Ebay (eBay item number: 332357354204) if you need another one

tech101

Known around here
Reaction score
There is an enclosure like this on Ebay (eBay item number: 332357354204) if you need another one
Very tempting to buy that one as well for $50 .. It is however designed for cold weather with heater Not for hot weather. I am opposite here in California bay area it does not snow or anything. That was the reason for cooldome. However that price .. I am still very tempted to pull the trigger LOL However these enclosure boxes are huge .

Here is what I mean..

1589375346623.png

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
That is fair size. However it probably compares in size to my Dahua 8K PTZ with the mounting arm and all. I see that you have an eave that is made out of wood. Seems like you could build something that you could hide it somewhat under the eave of the house unless you have other ideas for the camera. Here is my Dahua PTZ with the old Hikvision PTZ still in place.

100_1752.JPG

tech101

Known around here
Reaction score
Yes, Still on intial planning stages of where to mount I am trying to Look for the best angle and then will see how I can hide it the best as well.. Ah, Even ordered a glass lens cover for it so it can be the best optics..