Pandemic threat? Anyone else concerned?

Oceanslider

Known around here
Reaction score
On the other side of the coin, you can still buy pot from a dispensary here, but... buying an American Flag in Michigan is no longer allowed...
What I like about your governor is that she cares deeply about spreading the virus outside of the state from within*...
Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer, a name frequently floated as a potential running mate for presumptive Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden, has extended her stay-at-home order in response to the coronavirus pandemic to include a ban on individuals traveling between two residences.

Starting Saturday, Michigan residents will no longer be permitted to visit friends or relatives or their second homes or vacation rentals inside the state, with few exceptions such as caring for a relative, an elderly friend or pet, visiting a nursing home, attending a funeral with no more than 10 people, or complying with a court order related to child custody, the Detroit Free Press reported.

Individuals are still permitted to return to their residences from outside the state and are allowed to leave the state for a residence elsewhere, according to the order, which extends the expiration of the order to May 1.
She is following the China model.*

*Spoken Sarcastically

Last edited:

megazone23

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
On the other side of the coin, you can still buy pot from a dispensary here, but... buying an American Flag in Michigan is no longer allowed...

View attachment 59330
This reminds me you will be in jail wearing this, or even posting, if you're in that other country.
We can enjoy freedom but also abuse freedom in harming ourselves and others.

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
It's probably just a giant fraternity believing they can defy the laws of nature. Tonight they'll party thinking they've won against Corona, but tomorrow they'll have kids and instantly regret it.

Get a drone, attach a banner saying "STAY HOME!" and fly the drone in their vicinity

By the way, I was going to refrain from WION News, but seriously --- controlling how science research publications should be published is not going to solve the global pandemic, This is a global fight.

Less than a mile from my house is the Pacific Ocean and this was the scene there yesterday, and pretty much the same everyday since California imposed restrictions. In this time when we are being asked to help stop the spread of a Extremely infectious virus, the County of Orange who controls this particular beach is still not enforcing social distancing...
View attachment 59328

Last edited:

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

Oceanslider

Known around here
Reaction score
If true would it piss you off?

Aside from the grant, the issue some have is they were not even selling bats at the Wuhan Wet Market at the time. The pictures you might see in articles and video online of bats being sold at a wet market are from some wet market in Indonesia.

Sybertiger

Known around here
Reaction score
Aside from the grant, the issue some have is they were not even selling bats at the Wuhan Wet Market at the time. The pictures you might see in articles and video online of bats being sold at a wet market are from some wet market in Indonesia.

Personally, I don't like giving the Chinese $3.7 million. WTF reason why the US gubermint is spending the people's money on bullshit. I'd rather give 4 Americans $1mil each. Reminds me of when the US gubermint was giving a university big buck so they could build a treadmill for crawfish. We must be the dumbshitest civilization ever to occupy space on this planet.

Last edited:

Oceanslider

Known around here
Reaction score
Personally, I don't like giving the Chinese $3.7 million. WTF reason why the US gubermint is spending the people's money on bullshit. I'd rather give 4 Americans $1mil each. Reminds me of when the US gubermint was giving a university big buck so they could build a treadmill for crawfish. We must be the dumbshitest civilization ever to occupy space on this planet.

This link won’t last long , and some of the his important parts of this segment were cut (if you record his show better to see the complete of this segment)
But I feel Mark Levin hits on the subject of government spending in his show tonight well starting at the 18:38 mark

Last edited:

Sybertiger

Known around here
Reaction score
This link won’t last long
But I feel Mark Levin hits on the subject in his show tonight well starting at the 18:38 mark
We need to quit spending money on garbage social programs and just plan ol' BS handouts for ridiculous projects. We should take that money and put it into infrastructure. It's rather embarrassing how many foreigners must come to this country and see what a piece a shit infrastructure we have. New York City and other cities we think are great American cities look like pure dogshit compared to modern cities in many parts of the world....old and decrepit. Our rail system is an absolute piece of horse shit junk compare to bullet train systems in other countries. Yet we piss away money on BS social programs, junk research projects and don't do a fucking thing to modernize most everything in this country. How embarrassing!

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Russia have big spreading now, right now the local Chinese all fly back to China, 1 plane found 51 infections, this is very high. All from Russia.
Another bad news, a provience near Russia has local new infection again, the infections never met with any infected people. The whole provience will be locked down soon if not control well. There has around 40Millons population. Yesterday i went outdoor without masks, some guys walked away 100m ahead of me. :D
I think in May, everyone will be back to work, but still have to protect yourself when go out.

Last edited:

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Hey come on they might have been hit with high charges keeping in touch with loved ones

Maybe they switched SIM cards?

Oh wait

Last edited:

Frankenscript

Known around here
Reaction score
Here's a ">@Q special....fuQn ridiculous what it takes to get a test.

It's extremely sad that in the country with the most diverse med/biotech capabilities in the world, that we are at 3-4 months into this thing and even today it is hard for many to get tested.

This story refers to events about two weeks ago but we still haven't gotten where we need to be, testing wise.

Until we have rapid large scale testing for both active infections and antibody tests to show who had it (and is this at low risk ror near term reinfection), there's no hope of getting back to work as a nation.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Oceanslider

Known around here
Reaction score
It's extremely sad that in the country with the most diverse med/biotech capabilities in the world, that we are at 3-4 months into this thing and even today it is hard for many to get tested.

This story refers to events about two weeks ago but we still haven't gotten where we need to be, testing wise.

Until we have rapid large scale testing for both active infections and antibody tests to show who had it (and is this at low risk ror near term reinfection), there's no hope of getting back to work as a nation.
We have been leading the world, by a huge margin, in wide scale testing for over 4 weeks now. And it just accelerates every day. And your 3-4 months is fake news exaggerating.

"No Hope" huh?

Last edited:

Frankenscript

Known around here
Reaction score
We have been leading the world, by a huge margin, in wide scale testing for over 4 weeks now. And it just accelerates every day. And your 3-4 months is fake news exaggerating.

"No Hope" huh?
Not sure why my post triggered a fake news response.

Our testing for the active COVID-19 infections lagged the world, famously so, and is still not broadly available to anyone who wants it, and our antibody testing for immune response to it (to determine who HAD it and is at low risk for reinfection) only recently was FDA approved and won't be validated for actual broad use for another couple weeks; it will take a while to ramp up from there. These are objective facts; check them anywhere from Fox News to HuffPost. It's true we now have very much accelerated active infection testing compared to 5 weeks ago when the President (finally) brought in commercial partners to the effort. That should have happened by the end of January.

The 3-4 months thing also is objective reality; it's widely reported that this hit the US Govt radar on or about January 3. It's not fake news by either liberal or conservative stance; for example you don't even get any Trumpier than this:
TIMELINE: The Trump Administration’s Decisive Actions To Combat the Coronavirus Check the January 3 entry.

And it's now mid April right? So, that's about three and a half months.

And, a precondition for a broad return to work is to be able to know who is not at risk for infection (antibody testing), plus rapid (onsite, answers in minutes/hours not days) testing for anyone with symptoms and at-risk people tested even asymptomatically, to keep infected people out of the workforce. Otherwise we would just have another big wave. That's not controversial, is it?

I know I represent a liberal perspective that's often trashed here; that's fine. I don't mind. I read and occasionally participate mostly because I desire to hear views outside my two main bubbles (one is liberal for sure, the other would be described as centrist mainstream). But my recent post was fact-based, and nothing controversial.

Oceanslider

Known around here
Reaction score
You got the facts wrong. The entire world didn't know about human to human transmission until the very end of January. And South Korea who did get going early, started testing about February 10th and wasn't ramped up until February 17th.

We lagged about 2 weeks behind because our "career officials" in the CDC messed up.

Last edited: