Pandemic threat? Anyone else concerned?

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Who raises the bar again? WHO

Frankenscript

Known around here
Reaction score
I assume the adjustment is to take into account examples such as...

Citizen X died of an auto accident on the way to the hospital but his blood had Covid-19 in it...
Citizen Y died when she was taking a selfie at the edge of a cliff but fell to her death but her blood had Covid-19 in it...
Citizen Z died when he fell from his roof while cleaning the gutters but his blood had Covid-19 in it...

I'm in favor of reporting as much information as possible about each death (within HIPAA) to reduce the concern that numbers are being over-reported. Many states (including Indiana) separate "definitely COVID-19" deaths from "Probably COVID-19" deaths (the probably ones are less than 10% of the overall total). None of these counts include ridiculous issues like X, Y, and Z described above. And even if they did the numbers would be tiny because only something like ~3% of the population has been infected with the virus anyway.

They may well include things like:
Citizen W was in hospice with terminal brain cancer with a month to live, but succumbed quickly to a sudden respiratory infection.
This person was going to die soon anyway, but died of COVID-19 and should be included in the COVID-19 total.

It's great to get as much detail as possible, but I look with disdain at stories like this that try to instill an idea that the numbers are way off, when in fact the number of questionable cases is very low.

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
...All of which made a somewhat weak economy a much stronger economy.
I'm not much of an Obama fan...but I'm less of a bullshit fan...and My President is full of shit because -- unlike Obama who inherited the Great Recession -- Trump inherited an economy that was already getting back on its feet. From the period of the Great Recession until February, 2020 unemployment rates, growth in gross domestic product, poverty indicators, foreclosures, and bank failures trend lines continued upward almost seamlessly from the second half of Obama’s presidency into the first three years of Trump’s tenure. Trump’s claim that he turned around a failing economy? M O R E T R U M P B U L L S H I T that simple minds can't seem to grasp.

kool-aid.gif

Last edited:

Frankenscript

Known around here
Reaction score
I'm not much of an Obama fan...but I'm less of a bullshit fan...and My President is full of shit because -- unlike Obama who inherited the Great Recession --Trump inherited an economy that was already getting back on its feet. From the period of the Great Recession until February, 2020 unemployment rates, growth in gross domestic product, poverty indicators, foreclosures, and bank failures trend lines continued upward almost seamlessly from the second half of Obama’s presidency into the first three years of Trump’s tenure. Trump’s claim that he turned around a failing economy? M O R E T R U M P B U L L S H I T that simple minds can't seem to grasp.

View attachment 61917
Trump is so full of shit the country ran out of toilet paper!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Frankenscript

Known around here
Reaction score
So specifically what do you think us sneaky democrats are trying to implement, and what is your alternative solution to whatever that might be?

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
What about Caesar? I hear they’re testing the COVID-19 vaccine on him. Today it’s coronavirus but tomorrow is Planet of the Apes :rofl:

Oceanslider

Known around here
Reaction score
So specifically what do you think us sneaky democrats are trying to implement, and what is your alternative solution to whatever that might be?
Not sneaky at all. You guys are totally out in the open about it.

Like Libtard Mayor Garcetti sating never go back to normal “until there’s a cure“. Can’t hang out on the dry sand, wet sand is okay. And an outright lockdown till end of July. So there is a petition to remove him but people now cannot even do that legally because of the restrictions. Hospitals are no where near being even somewhat stressed.

Frankenscript

Known around here
Reaction score
Not sneaky at all. You guys are totally out in the open about it.

Like Libtard Mayor Garcetti sating never go back to normal “until there’s a cure“. Can’t hang out on the dry sand, wet sand is okay. And an outright lockdown till end of July. So there is a petition to remove him but people now cannot even do that legally because of the restrictions. Hospitals are no where near being even somewhat stressed.
Sorry to hear this. Sounds a bit much to me, for what it's worth.

Maybe this will cheer you up?

Screenshot_20200518-075243.jpg

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
:mad: $2 billion f#$kin dollars?! You've got to be f#$kin kidding me. :angry: That barely gets any country out of their affected economy.

• China's President Xi Jinping says Beijing has always been transparent about the outbreak and promises $2bn in global COVID-19 aid.
  • Italy cautiously returns to post-coronavirus normality, allowing a number of businesses and churches to reopen after more than two months of lockdown restrictions.
  • India reports 5,242 new cases of coronavirus, taking the country's infection tally to more than 96,000, the highest in Asia.
  • Globally, there have been more than 4.7 million known cases of COVID-19, and nearly 315,000 people have died, according to Johns Hopkins University. More than 1.7 million people have recovered.

Frankenscript

Known around here
Reaction score
Fascinating!

He believes his own rhetoric, in absence of data to support it:

Anybody got polling on a Biden-Pence matchup this fall?

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
China responds to calls by Australia to have the Wuhan corona virus SARS2 sars-cov-2 outbreak investigated...

China slaps 80 per cent tariffs on Australian barley

Sky News Australia
China will impose an 80 per cent tariff on Australian barley, in a major escalation of trade tensions between the two countries.