Pandemic threat? Anyone else concerned?

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
One thing to note, the number of COVID-19 cases worldwide is a lot higher than what is projected and noted from John Hopkins. The number of cases that John Hopkins records is based on hospital visits and test samples that are collected and tested. The issue is compliance. Not everyone is going to opt for testing and some will just go about their lives and recover on their own without any intervention.

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Here's one in Italy that talks about asymptomatic spread in households during lockdown among other things:

Yes, just found 400 infections with no symptoms, wuhan is a safe place now. My friend just send me a pic at wuhan subway, looks ok now, But all wear masks.
1592098134073.png

Beijing found a big outbreak yesterday, a market sell salmon, there has 45 sellers there found infected, they don't know where the virus comes from, because China not produce them, so maybe comes from overseas or the sea port workers influte these salmon, sushi business will be badly hurted in China.

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Stark difference between there and here. At least 99.9% of people there are following WHO guidelines, wearing masks. Hard to maintain social distancing there though it seems based on the picture

Yes, just found 400 infections with no symptoms, wuhan is a safe place now. My friend just send me a pic at wuhan subway, looks ok now, But all wear masks.
View attachment 63731

Beijing found a big outbreak yesterday, a market sell salmon, there has 45 sellers there found infected, they don't know where the virus comes from, because China not produce them, so maybe comes from overseas or the sea port workers influte these salmon, sushi business will be badly hurted in China.

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Stark difference between there and here. At least 99.9% of people there are following WHO guidelines, wearing masks. Hard to maintain social distancing there though it seems based on the picture
Aha, last week i forgot to wear mask and went to take a subway, but was rejected because of no masks, i have to go to the pharmacy to buy, waste a lot of time.

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Its the same throughout the country, and that's whats really upsetting me. No one is out of the woods yet.

India the 2nd most populous country on Planet Earth is seeing a surge in cases. People had the wrong preconceived notion that the BCG Vaccine and Anti-malarial drugs were going to save them. India's capital, New Delhi, is being hit the worse as we speak.

I went to Sam's Club, Walmart and Aldi today. Was disappointed to see that in a matter of 3 weeks only about 10 percent of shoppers were wearing masks. Down from 80 or 90 percent. Seems like a lot of folks here in Florida feels that Covid-19 went away.

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
If your're in the New York metropolitan area you're likely to be able to get away from being rejected. After watching a few YouTube videos of people riding the commuter trains in and around New York City, I noticed that people are taking off their masks while in the trains. They'll wear them to the stations, but after entering the train, they take off their masks. The rules are aren't enforced properly. Its the land of the free and home of the brave (not really funny because COVID-19 is fearless). People have misinterpreted the term freedom. You're putting yourself and others around you at risk. And that number keeps multiplying (in other words metastasizing) inflicting harm on the human population.

Aha, last week i forgot to wear mask and went to take a subway, but was rejected because of no masks, i have to go to the pharmacy to buy, waste a lot of time.

Last edited:

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
While typing, I almost referred the COVID-19 Virus as the covfefe-Virus, talk about typos and first world problems :lmao:
But then again, covfefe, isn't that a coincidence? cough

Last edited:

Frankenscript

Known around here
Reaction score
One thing to note, the number of COVID-19 cases worldwide is a lot higher than what is projected and noted from John Hopkins. The number of cases that John Hopkins records is based on hospital visits and test samples that are collected and tested. The issue is compliance. Not everyone is going to opt for testing and some will just go about their lives and recover on their own without any intervention.
Just a terminology note. A "case" is defined as having a record with medical oversight. So anyone tested positive, or who went to the clinic/hospital etc. and was diagnosed (either with test or before tests were available as having COVID-19, those are all cases. Someone who go the virus and didn't report it because the symptoms weren't bad enough for them to seek treatment, or who was asymptomatic, those are just part of the infections number and we can only project those based on random sample testing. So, the "CFR" or case fatality rate is always higher than the IFR or infection fatality rate. Flu statistics are generally reported using projections rather than actual diagnoses and the 0.1% fatality rate we hear as being the flu fatality rate is actually a projected IFR. The COVID-19 case fatality rate in the US is around 5-6%, but the IFR as near as we can tell is about 0.6% since we now project there to be about 10-11% total infections as just clinical cases.

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
People are going to escape from Florida and head up North soon. The southeast has seen a surge in reported cases. This won't be a pretty sight. On the other hand, Governor, Andrew Cuomo is threatening to shut down parts of NYS again because of Social Distancing violations LOL.PNG

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
Association of American Physicians and Surgeons Sues FDA for “Irrational” Interference of Access to Life-Saving Hydroxychloroquine

The Association of American Physicians and Surgeons (HOME - AAPS | Association of American Physicians and Surgeons) filed a lawsuit against Department of Health and Human Services and the FDA for “irrational interference” by the FDA with timely access to hydroxychloroquine.

Never in history have we seen such a determined effort by the scientific community and pharmaceutical industry to downplay and lie about the use of a successful drug to treat a deadly disease.

Hydroxychloroquine is the first choice in a study of 6,000 doctors treating the coronavirus. In the field and in independent testing hydroxychloroquine displayed amazing results in treating the COVID-19 virus.

But there was great pushback against hydroxychloroquine for two reasons. The first reason was because it was safe and very inexpensive. The second reason is because Donald Trump promoted its use.

It is not a stretch to say the Democrat establishment would rather see people die than see President Trump be proven right.

So the so-called experts went to great lengths to lie and smear the use of this drug as we have discussed previously.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
People are going to escape from Florida and head up North soon. The southeast has seen a surge in reported cases. This won't be a pretty sight. On the other hand, Governor, Andrew Cuomo is threatening to shut down parts of NYS again because of Social Distancing violations ..
And Andrew Cuomo will then start calling it the Florida virus...

Frankenscript

Known around here
Reaction score
Association of American Physicians and Surgeons Sues FDA for “Irrational” Interference of Access to Life-Saving Hydroxychloroquine

The Association of American Physicians and Surgeons (HOME - AAPS | Association of American Physicians and Surgeons) filed a lawsuit against Department of Health and Human Services and the FDA for “irrational interference” by the FDA with timely access to hydroxychloroquine.

Never in history have we seen such a determined effort by the scientific community and pharmaceutical industry to downplay and lie about the use of a successful drug to treat a deadly disease.

Hydroxychloroquine is the first choice in a study of 6,000 doctors treating the coronavirus. In the field and in independent testing hydroxychloroquine displayed amazing results in treating the COVID-19 virus.

But there was great pushback against hydroxychloroquine for two reasons. The first reason was because it was safe and very inexpensive. The second reason is because Donald Trump promoted its use.

It is not a stretch to say the Democrat establishment would rather see people die than see President Trump be proven right.

So the so-called experts went to great lengths to lie and smear the use of this drug as we have discussed previously.

Specifically to your "first choice by 6000 doctors" comment, that was from a survey of doctors in late March/early April, taken when HQ was all the buzz following the bogus "study" showing amazing results that was never replicated ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD. It was just doctors' opinions about what they thought was going to work. Look at the data. 37% said HQ was the most effective. 32% said either "Azithromycin" or "nothing." Again, this is opinions, not data about outcomes. Even then the first choice status was only marginally better than "nothing" or several other options. Two weeks later a follow up study by the same group showed it was no longer in favor.

Those same folks that talk up the first Sermo survey rarely cite the next report in the series, described here:

nationalinterest.org

Hydroxychloroquine No Longer Seen as Most Effective Coronavirus Treatment: Survey
In the first survey, Sermo had promised more phases, and now the second set of numbers is out, taken between March 30 and April 2. The new data shows that while usage of Hydroxychloroquine has expanded globally, it's no longer seen by a plurality of survey participants as the most effective...

nationalinterest.org
nationalinterest.org

Here's an excerpt:

"According to Sermo, when participants were asked to "rate the efficacy of medications you have used or have seen used to treat COVID-19," 52 percent listed "plasma from patients who have recovered from COVID-19" as "very or extremely effective," followed by Hydroxychloroquine (Plaquenil) or Chloroquine at 38 percent, "non-approved drugs" at 37 percent, Interferon-beta at 36 percent and "traditional Chinese medicine" at 34 percent. '

Interestingly, this survey was done at at time when plasma from recovered patients was a big hot thing. I guarantee you 52% of the survey respondents didn't do valid trials all the way through to completion using plasma. And, HQ is no longer top but still rated around "non approved drugs" and "Traditional Chinese medicine." Not much of an HQ signal there even if the data were believed to represent actual results.

HQ doesn't seem to work, as no decent study showed significant benefit from it, but I'm glad the recent flawed study of aggregated data was picked apart so that proper data analysis of HQ risks can be now done.

I know 20 front line doctors, none are recommending HQ for Covid-19.

Edited 5:36pm 6/15/2020 to add link to report on second SERMO study.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Last edited: