Pandemic threat? Anyone else concerned?

Rob2020

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
The following is a technical read among Scientist (and others) discussing the spread of Omicron for those interested. Hopefully the new variant will be mild because if their preliminary analysis is correct this is going to spread at a very rapid rate.

I follow Trevor Bedford on Twitter he is a Scientist in Seattle.

Link

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
My head hurts from reading that. I’m gonna have a bourbon.

But I think it says this new bug is exponentially more contagious than the old bug, so the 2 questions become:
1- is it more dangerous with respect to making you sicker or does it just give a buttload of people the sniffles
2- does the jab or prior infection natural immunity slow it down?

It would seem from what I’ve read the past few days that most of those infected with the new bug were previously jabbed.

Rob2020

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
My head hurts from reading that. I’m gonna have a bourbon.

But I think it says this new bug is exponentially more contagious than the old bug, so the 2 questions become:
1- is it more dangerous with respect to making you sicker or does it just give a buttload of people the sniffles
2- does the jab or prior infection natural immunity slow it down?

It would seem from what I’ve read the past few days that most of those infected with the new bug were previously jabbed.
Yes, very technical but a couple excerpts;

This estimate of Rt around 3 or 3.5 will become more precise for South Africa in the coming days, but even Rt of 3 is very high. Initial Rt of Delta in South Africa and the US was about 1.5.

If Omicron Rt continues at around 3 this indicates a much larger threat in terms of case counts than Delta. I'm hoping that prior immunity protects against severe outcomes, but I'm very concerned about the size of the epidemic wave in the US and across the world.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score

Despite a 100% vaccination rate on the vessel, there was still an outbreak of COVID, suggesting that vaccine effectiveness is severely waning.

A recent study of the three primary COVID vaccines showed a 'dramatic' drop in efficacy over six months. So as cruise ship operators begin hitting the high seas with only fully vaxxed passengers and crews that have waning defenses against the virus, one would suspect additional outbreaks on ships as new infections surge across the US.

Even in Europe, where vaccine passport schemes and high vaccination rates are highly enforced, countries are experiencing a surge in infections.

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Well, that's not the only outbreak we need to be knowing about, right? :facepalm: Wuuuuuuuuhaaaaaan

61rpADdpg-L._AC_SL1002_.jpg

Despite a 100% vaccination rate on the vessel, there was still an outbreak of COVID, suggesting that vaccine effectiveness is severely waning.

A recent study of the three primary COVID vaccines showed a 'dramatic' drop in efficacy over six months. So as cruise ship operators begin hitting the high seas with only fully vaxxed passengers and crews that have waning defenses against the virus, one would suspect additional outbreaks on ships as new infections surge across the US.

Even in Europe, where vaccine passport schemes and high vaccination rates are highly enforced, countries are experiencing a surge in infections.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

I believe the majority were asymptomatic, whatever that truly means, my guess is they took the PCR Rapid Test, the 15 minute test, who knows how accurate.

On the asymptomatic thing, I am not very knowledgeable in all of this but I can't remember Anyone in my life that caught a virus and did not have symptoms. I know there is what is called Carriers of viruses, and they show no symptoms but they also are a carrier for many years. I think the virus just remains dormant in them.

Again, what do I know, I just have a hard time believing no symptoms (asymptomatic) and after 14 days of quarantine the virus left or died off. This is all new to me, never heard such a thing prior to Covid1984...

Rob2020

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I get why these numbers reflect more vaccinated cases, obviously because way more people are vaxed than unvaxed resulting in more cases in the Vax population.

MSM needs to STHU (put nicely) with the pandemic of the unvaxed narrative. Highlighted the age 30 - 59 group, high percent of working adults.

PandemicoftheUV.PNG

Reaction score
What do you know! An expert's opinion that I 100,000% DON'T BELIEVE! Oh, but the sheeple will listen. I would hope that even 'sheep' learn occasionally!
So, I don't mean to be rude or vulgar here, but is that a female or a male? Just curious...I find it quite funny these days...and safe, now that I am off of the market.

1638836512526.png