Pandemic threat? Anyone else concerned?

tigerwillow1

Known around here
Reaction score
Unvaccinated 12-34 year-olds in Washington are 23 times more likely to be hospitalized with COVID-19 compared with fully vaccinated 12-34 year-olds.
I'd ask how much difference it makes between "with" and "because of" covid-19. With the language they use, it's in the realm of possibly that the "because of covid" rate for vaxed is higher than unvaxxed, without it technically being a lie.

Rob2020

Known around here
Reaction score
I'd ask how much difference it makes between "with" and "because of" covid-19. With the language they use, it's in the realm of possibly that the "because of covid" rate for vaxed is higher than unvaxxed, without it technically being a lie.
There are a lot of ways they can play with numbers. My personal pet peeve is where they talk about breakthrough cases only one or two percent are breakthrough cases!!!!!! They lie by going back to January 1 or Feb 1, skews the numbers enormously. The real breakthrough rate for current cases runs around 20 - 25% + or - a few points which is a far cry from one or two percent.

user8963

Known around here
Reaction score
its over

The new rules will ensure restrictions are based on the best available scientific evidence as well as objective criteria. Continued coordination is essential for the functioning of the Single Market and it will provide clarity for EU citizens in the exercise of their right to free movement.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
So the dementia patient in Chief will announce tonight his war plan to attack the WuFlu. For many it will sound “Presidential” and give comfort to millions of soccer moms that the Brandon administration is on top of things.

And then miraculously, like in South Africa and the UK, the scary Omicron will dissipate in about 30 days and Bidet will take credit.

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
Saw this on another forum that I frequent.

"I am posting this as a vanity to tell you that the Jab killed my brother last night, blood clots and heart attack. He wasn't famous but most everyone here has seen his work.

He wrote the Entire Software package that makes our Predator Drones fly for Teledyne many years ago

He also wrote the software that captures your signature on an electronic tablet and holds the patent for ALL of them

TOPAZ was his company and if you ever signed your name electronically, He is the guy that made it possible."

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Looks like Santa Claus is giving a free gift to everybody this holiday season: OMICRON FOR EVERYONE! This what we all have been waiting for. Coming to a person next to you soon. Is this funny? No

This strain might be the one the ends this pandemic once and for all. I told you...everybody will be infected at some point - no exceptions. Stop playing Hide and Go Seek. The virus matured...we matured...now let's move on ;)

Rob2020

Known around here
Reaction score
"Journalist" what a sleazy profession, worse than a used car salesman.

I track new cases all over the USA and infections generally run about 20 - 25% that are fully vaccinated, with Omicron, the number will be rising due to immunity escape, and now you expect me to believe that one State, TN, is an outlier with 99% unvaccinated :rolleyes:

LIARS, WHAT A BUNCH OF BS.

Capturetenn.PNG

The study the article links to does not say anything remotely like the headline.

The article even contradicts its own headline.

The 7 day rolling case rate per 100,000 residents by vaccination status for the week ending December 16 shows a rate of 35 per 100,000 among the unvaccinated compared to 8 per 100,000 among the vaccinated. 99% of new cases for December 16 were among the unvaccinated per the data.

Liars

ETA 8/35 = .228, right in line with the range I mentioned above.

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score