Pandemic threat? Anyone else concerned?

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Has anyone else heard about a study that used hydroxichloroquine to treat COVID19? I heard a researcher cite a small study, 40 people with COVID19 divided into three groups. One group got chloroquine, one group got hyroxicholorquine and on group got hydroxichloroquine with a "Z" pack. The chloroquine group showed no COVID19 in about 50% of the patients. The hydroxichlorquine group showed about 75% with no COVID19. The combination group showed 100% no COVID19. All these results were achieved in six days.

For those that aren't familiar with choroquine, it was developed during WW2 to treat malaria in our troops. Exactly how it works with COVID19 is unknown at this point. As with any drug, there are side effects which may not be desirable with everyone.

The study is currently being peer reviewed and the White House has gotten the results of the study as well. It's very early in the testing phase so things can, and probably will, change, but IF it is, indeed, effective it will provide a low cost, easily available, treatment. This researcher was on the "Ingram Angle" the other night, but I didn't see it.

In the mean time there is also a distributed computing project called Folding at Home that studies how proteins change/combine (being very general with that description). They have found methods of treatment for various cancers and some infectious diseases in their studies and are working hard on the Corona Virus. They mentioned this somewhere and a very large number of people have started "folding at home". So many that the servers are overwhelmed and the system has been brought to its virtual knees. It's nice to see so many people, probably a few hundred thousand, trying to help.

Sybertiger

Known around here
Reaction score
I saw Laura Ingham last night. It was briefly mentioned. Nothing definitive just that it was based on some uncontrolled tests but more formal testing will be in the works.

Frankenscript

Known around here
Reaction score
It was discussed in another forum I'm on. It is unclear why it would work at this time but is getting further scrutiny, both in the original trial and larger follow-on attempts. Certainly worth a look.

Maybe gin and tonic with some quinine is the best medicine. Or vodka tonic if you prefer.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

guykuo

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
All my really good bottles of bourbon.....

I looked forward to drinking some Pappy and Black Maple Hill.
Nope.
SWMBO claimed them all as investment bottles and I am not allowed to drink them. :(

Oceanslider

Known around here
Reaction score
About the wet markets... Chinese government suppression of the virus, and knowledge of it (Chinese scientist destroyed proof of it in December). And then their letting over 4 million (maybe as many as 5million) people pass through Wuhan when they knew of the dangers of the virus... Wow. Listen to Ben Shapiro show today. Show 974

Last edited:

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
But that doesn't include wrapping your head in TP to prevent COVID19. People must be doing that or why else would they need a truckload of TP each?

I saw a short news piece at a grocery store, the thrust was "don't worry we're restocking as fast as we can". As they were rolling in a pallet of Clorox Wipes a guy tried to buy the entire pallet. What the hell is wrong with people?

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
There's a big generational gap. A lot of college students are so stupid that they're spending their Spring Vacation partying in Miami Beach? Many are outside, strolling through the park, ignoring social distancing. Who the f@#k do they think they are? Taking it so lightly. Lock this country down!

Oceanslider

Known around here
Reaction score
Its quite possible, there's is no definitive proof :(
It will be interesting to see how the rest of the world reacts to the communist Chinese government after this Wuhan Flu washes through the entire world killing many people . Will big money win over and remain in bed with China and its communist government ?

Sybertiger

Known around here
Reaction score
There's a big generational gap. A lot of college students are so stupid that they're spending their Spring Vacation partying in Miami Beach? Many are outside, strolling through the park, ignoring social distancing. Who the f@#k do they think they are? Taking it so lightly. Lock this country down!
I heard a bunch of college students are taking advantage of the extra time off and the low air fares by flying from the east coast out to California for a vacation.

rodb

n3wb
Reaction score
The first shipment of masks and coronavirus test kits to the US is taking off from Shanghai. All the best to our friends in America.

ty Jack Ma.

rocky500

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Maybe lock up all the Students for 30 days or so, Anyone under 30 say.
You could lock them up in their schools and put a temp fence around them. Have the army keep watch (30 and under) just so less likely to be effected.
That would solve one problem. :)

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Maybe lock up all the Students for 30 days or so, Anyone under 30 say.
You could lock them up in their schools and put a temp fence around them. Have the army keep watch (30 and under) just so less likely to be effected.
That would solve one problem. :)
Not a bad idea.. and while you're at it you can infect the lot and they'll then have immunity when done and can be drafted in the US forces to combat the virus.