Pandemic threat? Anyone else concerned?

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
\

Who's ready to go back to work?

Why is the media overhyping on the spike of number of reported cases? Don't they know that testing is based on when and how they receive the patients' samples? 2,500 new cases in one day doesn't mean that 2,500 people contracted the virus on that day.

Pretty soon people are not going to be affected by COVID-19, but they will be affected by PTSD.

Last edited:

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
First 3 packages of N95 masks on the way to the the destination now,these massk are for doctors and nurses Today I get up early to buy some more masks, checked with 5 pharmacy only 1 have some.
I will drive to airport to ship 3 shipment again at fedex point 2HOURS later. By the way, Fedex is great, DHL not accept masks shipping here in China Mainland. Fedex is fast and shipping cost not very high.

Last edited:

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Yeah, I was asking this question because President Trump wants people to go back to work within 2 weeks. and practice social distancing in the workplace. At this point, nobody should go to work until everything subsides. Big difference when one news outlet says he hopes to versus he wants to.

Trump previews new social distancing guidelines based on geographic risks

Are they giving you any compensation in the interim?

That's fuQing BULLSHIT. My employer has laid EVERYONE off. I've worked there for 35 fuQing years. All business STOPPED 2 weeks ago. FuQ you go back to work. :mad:

Last edited:

Sybertiger

Known around here
Reaction score
If he ignores the fear that is out there, he's not helping. If he accepts that people are afraid and tells them ways to take some measure of control in their lives, he gives them a strategy to deal with the fear.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Exactly! We need to coddle the left as they cower in fear. Maybe hand out some pampers and teddy bears to them.

Sybertiger

Known around here
Reaction score
I hope she either doesn't have it or gets well soon if she has.

I'm very strongly suspected of having Covid 19 - diagnosis from several doctors. No testing here atm unless in hospital so impossible to know for sure. However, up to now 15 days in, I've had no temperature although I felt very ill like I've had one. Every other symptom though but not always to the classic degree of severity. So just be aware symptoms can vary massively from person to person. Mine isn't confirmed, but I've heard of a lot of confirmed cases which have ranged from no symptoms at all right through to all the symptoms, and everything in between. Good job forum posts aren't infectious!
How are people with no symptoms at all being tested....must be NBA players. :rofl: Qtm can't get a test to save his life and at this point they're probably going to refer to him "Covid-Q" ala "Typhoid Mary" :eek:

Sybertiger

Known around here
Reaction score
Yeah, I was asking this question because President Trump wants people to go back to work within 2 weeks. and practice social distancing in the workplace. At this point, nobody should go to work until everything subsides. Big difference when one news outlet says he hopes to versus he wants to.
"I'd love to have it open by Easter" - Trump

Wouldn't you love to be back in business by Easter? That's his hope..."want" and "reality" are two different things. I guess some on the left feel it would be more appropriate if Trump said "I'd love to have it open by 2024".

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
We are third in population behind China and India. I doubt if we are getting true statistics out of those two countries.
China has a very strict isolation policy, not suit all countries. As i know i have only 1 friend infected, others all ok. You can't imagin how hard we were in early Feb. Medical system totally crashed, hospital only accpet the corona virus cases, lots of people collect their lovers ashes today from funeral parlor, very sad.
1585278193935.png

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
It feels right to say that Trump wants to instill hope (not fear) that people may be able to work again, but the public still fears that the number of cases will not slow down by that time-frame.

"I'd love to have it open by Easter" - Trump

Wouldn't you love to be back in business by Easter? That's his hope..."want" and "reality" are two different things. I guess some on the left feel it would be more appropriate if Trump said "I'd love to have it open by 2024".

Sybertiger

Known around here
Reaction score
It feels right to say that Trump wants to instill hope (not fear) that people may be able to work again, but the public still fears that the number of cases will not slow down by that time-frame.
Well, a lot of the dumbFuQ public needs to contribute towards flattening the curve and self isolate instead of hanging out at the beach or having Covid-19 parties. It's really a shame that Covid-19 is an equal opportunity virus rather than a dumbarse seeking missile that targets the dumbFuQs only.

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Somebody needs to break down the meaning of social distancing. Clearly, these folks don't know or simply don't want to know what it means. I still see kids and adolescents walking within close proximity to one another when going grocery shopping. Absurd

Well, a lot of the dumbFuQ public needs to contribute towards flattening the curve and self isolate instead of hanging out at the beach or having Covid-19 parties. It's really a shame that Covid-19 is an equal opportunity virus rather than a dumbarse seeking missile that targets the dumbFuQs only.

Sybertiger

Known around here
Reaction score
Somebody needs to break down the meaning of social distancing. Clearly, these folks don't know or simply don't want to know what it means. I still see kids and adolescents walking within close proximity to one another when going grocery shopping. Absurd
Must be a lot of single mothers at the store...or, they just hate their lil' kids so much they want them to pick up Covid-19 by taking them to Walmart, touching everything in sight while they blow boogers like it's bubble gum.