Reaction score

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Here's an amazing fellow, Brady is getting a promotion :lol:

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
These young college students need to go to an island, not just any island, but a private unclaimed island, and stay there forever. Let Natural Selection figure it out, :lol:

Too many cars on the highway as well. How to distinguish essential versus non-essential travel. :facepalm:

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
Somebody needs to break down the meaning of social distancing. Clearly, these folks don't know or simply don't want to know what it means. I still see kids and adolescents walking within close proximity to one another when going grocery shopping. Absurd
On my walk today with the dog I do not wear my mask as I hardly run into anyone. However today I did talk to a lady neighbor and we kept a good 10 feet distance.

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Its a big business out there. Whats more important? Profits or saving lives?

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
It was interesting to see how the whole world (including the WHO) condemned Trump for stopping flights from China. As more countries followed suit, China protested loudly and vehemently, calling Trump racist. Interesting that as of today, China has closed down its borders to all foreigners. Our media? The WHO? Crickets.

On an aside, the WHO said that the virus does not infect canines. As such, they have released all dogs from quarantine. So, to be clear, WHO let the dogs out ... woof woof woof woof woff
Same thing when he banned flights from Italy. Then Europe. He was called a racist and germaphobe. The he banned travel from the UK.

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
Yeah, I was asking this question because President Trump wants people to go back to work within 2 weeks. and practice social distancing in the workplace. At this point, nobody should go to work until everything subsides. Big difference when one news outlet says he hopes to versus he wants to.

Trump previews new social distancing guidelines based on geographic risks

Are they giving you any compensation in the interim?
He was thinking sometime around Easter which is April 12 and is about 3 weeks away. It would also be for certain areas and it would be phased in. Also state and local governments can over ride it. Obviously places like New York City would not be on the list.

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
I just hope that whatever action or system enforced will flatten the curve.

He was thinking sometime around Easter which is April 12 and is about 3 weeks away. It would also be for certain areas and it would be phased in. Also state and local governments can over ride it. Obviously places like New York City would not be on the list.

Frankenscript

Known around here
Reaction score
The problem with the super optimistic timeline is that it is not based on any facts in evidence. We all want to be able to pack the Churches on Easter, but let's not consider it reasonable. This thing is ramping up. Rapidly. What is just beginning in NYC is preparing to play out on the national scale. Who knows, NY might be one of the first places to ease restrictions, since they were one of the first epicenters. I've got doctor friends in lots of cities and they are starting to see trends that NYC saw 1.5-2 weeks ago in terms of prevalence of respiratory infection cases. Due to spotty testing and poorly available tests early on (and in many places now) looking at new cases per day isn't that useful, but looking at deaths per day is. This thing will come in waves, as each new epicenter fires up.

One of the best ways gamblers look at macroeconomics is to see what businesses are doing. Three weeks ago, every business I'm connected with wrote down April. A week or two ago, they wrote down May. June isn't looking good but we've got another two weeks to wait and see. From everything I've seen, I would place the likelihood that restrictions / lockdowns will continue full force through May. For me, June would be optimistic.

I have a trip with my family from Indiana to Maryland to visit my elderly father, in second half of July. I am starting to doubt it will happen.

Meanwhile, here's an interesting read about possible timelines this thing could follow. This is not a scientific data piece, it's a thought exploration of some scenarios:

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
If they slowly ease restrictions, do you think states should implement state border checkpoints (where people's temperature and travel history be questioned)?

Frankenscript

Known around here
Reaction score
If they slowly ease restrictions, do you think states should implement state border checkpoints (where people's temperature and travel history be questioned)?
Few scenarios worry me more than this one.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

rodb

n3wb
Reaction score
Today i Donate some medical checking gloves and glasses to US hospital , hope can help the doctos and nurses there. They need the best protection.
Little worry the Asian size glasses can suit the US size. For the gloves i bought L size. :headbang:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy. The measure of a man is what he does with power. The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
A little too excessive, but it will go a long way :)