Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Apparently, this is how it all started,

Last edited:

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Whole thing could be politically driven :eek: Labs need security clearance, lets ship them some IP Cameras, lol

tigerwillow1

Known around here
Reaction score
The FAA didn't ground anyone. Any helicopter could have flown if it had chosen to do so.
Just to expand, the helicopter was flying under a SVFR clearance, granted by FAA, and was in contact with ATC up to the time of the crash. Some local government agencies had grounded their fleet, then the clueless fake news did their normal thing and invented something that didnt exist. They wouldn't do the same thing with the subject of this thread, would they?

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
That’s Correct the FAA did not ground the helicopters, in spite of contradictory reporting by various media outlets; but apparently the situation was so bad that virtually all helicopters in the Calabassas area were not in the air at that time; that should have been a warning by itself

Just to expand, the helicopter was flying under a SVFR clearance, granted by FAA, and was in contact with ATC up to the time of the crash. Some local government agencies had grounded their fleet, then the clueless fake news did their normal thing and invented something that didnt exist. They wouldn't do the same thing with the subject of this thread, would they?

rodb

n3wb
Reaction score
I don't know anything about "fake news." All I read was people reporting on something that they were not familiar with and getting it wrong because of that. The pilot gambled, broke the most basic FAA rule and lost.

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
"The pilot gambled, broke the most basic FAA rule and lost." That's basically what I sense occurred :(

I don't know anything about "fake news." All I read was people reporting on something that they were not familiar with and getting it wrong because of that. The pilot gambled, broke the most basic FAA rule and lost.

erkme73

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
The fact that health employees dressed in full PPE gear, helping the cruise guests, have become infected does not bode well for the R0 value... This thing must be super-easy to catch.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Thank god they didn’t name it the Basil Hayden’s virus.. oh the horror...