Pandemic threat? Anyone else concerned?

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Rumors Rumor Rumors, the media even reported that 130 people are in confinement and monitoring in Long Island, NY (Nassau and Suffolk Counties) with no specifics with how, where, and when. All BS. Surprised that even in the densest of all population in the United States, there has been no focus in what is supposedly called the tri-state area, lol
If its going to start somewhere on the East Coast, its going to likely start in New York, MTA | Press Release | MTA Headquarters | MTA Issues Update on Precautions Against Coronavirus

1583087387949.png

Its as if they want something to happen to keep the media rolling :facepalm:

There is still no definitive proof that the virus originated from Wuhan, China the Virus, but the media makes it sound like it has and that raises grave concern especially in the realm of accuracy

Last edited:

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
FYI - for those worried about surface contamination

1 part bleach, 10 parts water = solution which is used to disinfect surfaces. Cheap affordable easy to use.

erkme73

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
FYI - for those worried about surface contamination

1 part bleach, 10 parts water = solution which is used to disinfect surfaces. Cheap affordable easy to use.
That's probably way stronger than it needs to be, from what I'v read. It was 0.1% sodium hypochlorite (bleach) or 0.5% peroxide in water. The later may be friendlier to the things you spray it on, but the shelf life of the mixture is very short (a couple of days at most).

From MERS to SARS, the study team found that coronaviruses “can persist on inanimate surfaces like metal, glass or plastic for up to 9 days, but can be efficiently inactivated by surface disinfection procedures with 62-71% ethanol, 0.5% hydrogen peroxide or 0.1% sodium hypochlorite within 1 minute.”

guykuo

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Already have confirmed case at my work here in WA. Several of my partners are already on quarantine.
Our governor has declared state of emergency and quite rightly so.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Well this just in!

Good News ( yet a bit irritating ):
China appears to be recovering and getting back to work - just got the typical Chinese Spammer / Scammer call from a fake number ( I really dislike cold calling scammers... ).

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Party like a Rockstar, this is about to get real. I better get my stool sample checked. On another thought, did anyone take advantage of Subway's Buy one Get one Free promotion? (Two Foot-longs for the price of one). Stay safe everybody

Coronavirus is having a Dance Party

Last edited:

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
At least China did something to contain the virus. Whereas in the US, there is more talking and less doing. The CDC, National Guard, and NIH will only take measures when something happens.

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Words mean nothing if there is no action accompanying them. Close down the airports, implement travel restrictions (i.e. to and fro Italy as per today's RI case), accept the current state of global commerce, and contain this damn thing

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
You’re still using Windows Vista? Haha

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Great: Ice Bucket Challenge, Screaming Goats, Harlem Shake Dance, the list goes on...then this