Pandemic threat? Anyone else concerned?

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
The second person diagnosed in NY was not in NYC. A lawyer in, what is referred to as, upstate which means, probably, Rockland County, well outside the city.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Chris is right, if US can't control this virus , how can be No.1 in the world. Just washing your hands more frequency, stay away from busy places, do some excercises.
"..if US can't control this virus , how can be No.1 in the world."

Hi Andy,

Don't let the CCP propaganda sell you a falsehood.

There really is only 2 ways to beat this;
1) Catch it early. Dr Li Wenliang and others gave a warning - this was the chance to do something, instead it was a massive failure to act quickly.
2) Massive Quarantine. This kills economy.

Once too many people have it, it can only be mitigated against.

Remember the WHO and Chinese media complained when the US restricted air travel from parts of China to the USA.

It is really difficult for a large country with many travelers and trade to stop and make a quarantine.

Murphy625

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Actually, I’m going to buy another 8 later today. And then put them all 16 up on eBay for $500 each or $8,000 for the lot to see just how ridiculous this gets.:)
Hence the reason I've been saying for years.... Ebay screwed everyone when they allowed people to list stuff for free.

Originally, EBAY would charge listing fees based on the opening price of the item.. Ebay was wonderful back then, you could easily find what you were looking for, search results were relevant to what you typed in, and prices were almost always good deals.

Fast forward 15 years and every scammer in the world uses EBAY to fish for suckers. Capitalism at its finest...

Keep an eye on your meter and let me know how it reacts to your ebay listing.

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Amazon has sold out a lot of stuff and they sell fake stuff too LOL

Just got out of the public rest room, person in one of the stalls was coughing profusely, could hear him spitting into the toilet bowl.

First thing that came to mind was, RUN FORREST! .... RUN!

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
US is number one in consumerism that includes contracting the virus :winktongue:

Chris is right, if US can't control this virus , how can be No.1 in the world. Just washing your hands more frequency, stay away from busy places, do some excercises.

Murphy625

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Amazon has sold out a lot of stuff and they sell fake stuff too LOL

Just got out of the public rest room, person in one of the stalls was coughing profusely, could hear him spitting into the toilet bowl.

First thing that came to mind was, RUN FORREST! .... RUN!
Or he was just messing with you.. a lot of that going on as well.

Our society has evolved in the past 30 years to not only accept, but to idolize trickery, falsehoods, and any action that can induce stress or an emotional reaction in others. Its the new entertainment mode.

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
That's true and that just makes the situation worse. Johnson's Control was installing hundreds of additional Hand Sanitizer and antibacterial soap dispensers today. They should be implementing a screening procedure for every public facility. Unfortunately, such a system is not in place.

This isn't funny,

Or he was just messing with you.. a lot of that going on as well.

Our society has evolved in the past 30 years to not only accept, but to idolize trickery, falsehoods, and any action that can induce stress or an emotional reaction in others. Its the new entertainment mode.

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Keep an eye on your meter and let me know how it reacts to your ebay listing.
This eBay listing will allow me to conduct two (2) sociological experiments…

1) Will societal panic suspend common sense.

2) RINO Testing: Express opposition to this sale and you must put on your unicorn hat and move to Venezuela. Alternatively, support this sale you must turn in your BernieBadge and don a MAGA hat.

Jessie.slimer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
That's true and that just makes the situation worse. Johnson's Control was installing hundreds of additional Hand Sanitizer and antibacterial soap dispensers today. They should be implementing a screening procedure for every public facility. Unfortunately, such a system is not in place.

This isn't funny,

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
I think you should list it, but be weary of zombies choosing that pick-up local option and approaching your front door

1583264115145.png

2) RINO Testing: Express opposition to this sale and you must put on your unicorn hat and move to Venezuela. Alternatively, support this sale you must turn in your BernieBadge and don a MAGA hat.

Murphy625

Pulling my weight
Reaction score

Cool.. I understand.

I was just using you to conducting my own sociological experiment to see how others rationalize their own actions and behaviors.

Thank you for your cooperation.

And let me know what that meter does when you price gouge those items. Unfortunately, for most who own such meters, they don't recognize when they are in need of re-calibration.

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Different experience at a second Costco I stopped off this afternoon to procure the items I forgot forgot to pickup earlier. They were all sold out of disinfectant wipes. But they insisted on wiping down the handle of my shopping cart With a disinfectant wipe before they allowed me to enter the store.

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Bottle of Hand Sanitizer goes a long way, but seriously I feel like they’ve been sold out too soon; probably hiding up the rafters or in the back of the store

Murphy625

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Different experience at a second Costco I stopped off this afternoon to procure the items I forgot forgot to pickup earlier. They were all sold out of disinfectant wipes. But they insisted on wiping down the handle of my shopping cart With a disinfectant wipe before they allowed me to enter the store.
That's a good thing.. a really good thing that they are taking it seriously.

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Bear in mind that not every store is going to be this attentive to precautionary steps. At least Costco is doing the right thing; they deserve our business ;)

That's a good thing.. a really good thing that they are taking it seriously.

Murphy625

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Bear in mind that not every store is going to be this attentive to precautionary steps. At least Costco is doing the right thing; they deserve our business ;)
As the number of dead start to climb, people will shift to taking more precautions.. It won't be long before we start seeing fear and paranoia causing ridiculously comical precautionary measures. I'm sure the media will be highlighting them soon.

Eventually, some quack job nut case will take a flamethrower to his own wife because she sneezes.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Even the cheapest stores around me seem to have wipes out by the carts now...

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
...Eventually, some quack job nut case will take a flamethrower to his own wife because she sneezes.
This is going to be a very interesting.
"What you are about to watch is a nightmare. It is not meant to be prophetic, it need not happen, it's the fervent and urgent prayer of all men of good will that it never shall happen. But in this place, in this moment, it does happen. This is the Twilight Zone."

Last edited: