Pandemic threat? Anyone else concerned?

Murphy625

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Fools! Andy has posted a photo from last year to get ya'll to start buying cameras and opening boxes shipped from China again. Here's what is really happened on that road today!

View attachment 56701
Why do they all look like they were just shot by John Wayne in an old western movie? Was this some protest?

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
So let me get this straight.. You all think they created a bioweapon that only kills 2-6% of people who happen to already be in bad health and they released it upon themselves knowing full well they'd have to shut down their country and suffer billions $$ in losses?

Sometimes I have difficulty comprehending what other people are implying.. My brain doesn't do conspiracy very well.
I have you on ignore but made an exception because frankly I’m growing tired of you putting words in others mouths.

Barboots

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Some Asians(Sure we are) love to storage, hope they will not return them back and make big waste.
I was chatting with my girl about the panic buying here... primarily toilet paper... and remarked that it's quite inappropriate for stores to take returns on these hoardings. If you think you needed it, keep it for next time the flu goes around.

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I was chatting with my girl about the panic buying here... primarily toilet paper... and remarked that it's quite inappropriate for stores to take returns on these hoardings. If you think you needed it, keep it for next time the flu goes around.
You folks Down Under seeing buying panic?

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
That's crazy, well people have up to 14 days to see how it goes from there

What's bad about the guy in Rockland County, NY, is that he took the train from Westchester into Manhattan then the subway, too, going wherever he was going. I'd guess upwards of 5-10,00 direct exposures, assuming rush hour travel, and how many secondary exposures? That's how it spreads and turns into the pandemic we all are worried about.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Personally from the information I have seen, I do not believe it to be a bio weapon.

History is full of mother nature attempting to cleanse the Earth of an infestation of us, much of it before we invented the microscope.

That noted, I believe China has a lot of smart people - even if under an authoritarian regime - and there is no way anyone running their country would collapse their economy if the threat was "just the regular seasonal flu". One day, this may become that.. until then, I think we're basically looking at a repeat of the 1918 pandemic.
Agree. I don’t believe it was a purposeful release of a bio weapon either. I do tend to think it has a high probability of being research that was accidentally introduced from the lab.

Last edited:

Frankenscript

Known around here
Reaction score
It's been fully sequenced early on and it is not a bioweapon. Not sure why people still speculate. There's some chance it was an escaped natural strain being researched but even that is unlikely given the more reasonable explanations related to the wet market. Either way it occured naturally.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Sybertiger

Known around here
Reaction score

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
I wasn't talking mortality rate per disease, just the raw numbers. Heck, car accidents kill more people that this has, so far. Certainly if it spreads uncontrollably it is a whole different scenario. There are signs of spread and that isn't a good sign to say the least. Since it's new and treatments, medications and vaccines aren't available mortality rate will be higher but should, hopefully, drop as that situation improves. The time lag is the killer, literally.

WHO just today raised it to 3.4%

Barboots

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
You folks Down Under seeing buying panic?
There's a toilet paper frenzy. Large retailers have today resorted to putting a "four pack" limit in place for bog-roll. I guess that limits people to 96 rolls of shit-wrap in any single transaction... at least until the 24 packs are cleared out.

I need to do a routine shop but can't bear to go. I know I'll end up punching some manic hoarder in the face.

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Good news, I recovered from the unnecessary panic. This Coronavirus is nothing but a new strain of Influenza. My next flu shot will be containing an inactived-form of Coronavirus COVID-19. In the meantime, I maintain good hygiene (i.e. disinfecting the work surface prior to actually working and washing hands thoroughly with soap and water, followed by a drop of hand sanitizer). At least there is a fast-track towards a working vaccine ;)

Last edited:

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
There's a toilet paper frenzy. Large retailers have today resorted to putting a "four pack" limit in place for bog-roll. I guess that limits people to 96 rolls of shit-wrap in any single transaction... at least until the 24 packs are cleared out.

I need to do a routine shop but can't bear to go. I know I'll end up punching some manic hoarder in the face.
Best option now is to install a bidet or just wash our asses with hand and water. No need to worry about UTI. Recycled newspaper works too.

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Fools! Andy has posted a photo from last year to get ya'll to start buying cameras and opening boxes shipped from China again. Here's what is really happened on that road today!

View attachment 56701
Its like the beginning scene from the movie "The Core" Only difference is that instead of birds, we have humans laying down supine and pronated on the streets

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Good news, I recovered from the unnecessary panic. This Coronavirus is nothing but a new strain of Influenza. My next flu shot will be containing an inactived-form of Coronavirus COVID-19. In the meantime, I maintain good hygiene (i.e. disinfecting the work surface prior to actually working and washing hands thoroughly with soap and water, followed by a drop of hand sanitizer). In six weeks, we'll have a working vaccine, I'm sure --> I'm pretty sure ;)
Your panic made Dow Jones down 1000 points. Lol. Thanks God, US stock market will up again.