Pandemic threat? Anyone else concerned?

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
California has areas of much higher asian populations than WA and should have received a significant viral exposure influx during same or faster time frame as WA. It is odd that we in WA are so far ahead of CA despite that. The overall population is also higher. There should be more cases in CA but it isn’t showing up. I don’t understand why.
Wide spread testing is only starting this week with places like Walgreen's, CVS, Target and others setting up to do so. What has been reported is the deaths and severe cases from around the country. I think most of the cases in WA are in that nursing home and the nearby area. Something sure went amiss there.

Last edited:

erkme73

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
With regard to immunity - there is very little evidence that it exists. There have been several reported cases of "re-infection" though even that was uncertain, as it could simply be due to a premature "recovered" status, or reactivation of the virus. There is too much unknown about those who have recovered.

Further, a SARS vaccine never went to human trials due to the antibody dependent enhancement (ADE) complication. Test animals that were vaccinated and developed antibodies initially showed immunity, but when the antibody level dropped below a certain threshold, the virus was able to hijack them, using them to target immune cells. This caused cytokine storms, resulting in severe complications - worse than the original viral infection.

So, to make blanket statements about herd immunity, or the possible benefits of a population with many recovered COVID patients may be a bit premature. Obviously it would be a great thing if immunity did persist and not increase the severity of future infections.

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
This article has some interesting simulation animations in it:
China set up checkpoint on all entrance to the community, block the road. If find any guy’s temperature is high, Ambulance will pick up you to the isolation place to make checking. If you reject , policeman will arrest you and send to the isolation place. After cured, they will sue the guy who make threat to the public safe. We had a guy took the same airline with a confirmed infection last month. When this guy arrive home the 2nd day morning. 3 ambulances and 4 policemen come to his house and take his whole family to the isolation places. They are all ok now, and back home after 2 weeks isolation.totally Different systems compare to westerns, so many guys think China is crazy and unbelievable place to live.
they collect all infection to school stadiums, at first stage they ask the mild guys stay and home, but they found all family were infected.so make the whole system crashed.
By the way this virus costs too much money for each patient, Will cost average 150000usd for each critically ill, but all paid by Chinese gov. You know stay at ICU for 1 month, that will be very expensive. Who want to give up own life if anyone can pay for him?!

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Penguins like what the heck is going? Penguin looks at the other penguin and asks, you thinkin' what I'm thinkin? Let's get outta' here.....escape plan executed :p

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
^^^ At least someone was practical to buy Scott-1000. Will last a while :p :lol:

Sybertiger

Known around here
Reaction score
Interesting how a lot of people are preparing for the zombie apocalypse. Ammo sales WAY up...long term food purchases 80x normal and all sold out. Very interesting times we live in. Wonder how generator sales are going.

anijet

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Interesting how a lot of people are preparing for the zombie apocalypse. Ammo sales WAY up...long term food purchases 80x normal and all sold out. Very interesting times we live in. Wonder how generator sales are going.
Check back AFTER the EMP. Most don't plan AHEAD.

essjay

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I believe I can fly

We've seen this in Europe. Airlines slashing 90% of their flights, Norwegian Airlines temporarily laying off 7300 staff with the other airlines following suit, zero flights to Italy and other countries (and from I think), all but essential travel cancelled. Car manufacturers following close behind with shutting down production lines. We're in for a big recession.

Last edited: