Pandemic threat? Anyone else concerned?

erkme73

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I have been on hydroxychloroquine since 1989 with no problems.
Long term, if your dosage is too high, it starts to build up in your eyes and clouds your vision. If this happens, it is reversible by lowering the dose. An eye Dr appt every year will find this quick enough.

My question is, will people already on it have less symptoms and shorter recovery?
That question remains to be answered. but, in countries that have endemic malaria, the incidence of covid 19 are much much lower. Prevailing thought is that with the majority of the population being on antimalarial drugs, it has an effect on the virus's ability to take hold.

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
I was on chloroquine for almost three years straight while spending time overseas. Mosquitoes never liked me; it's as if my body emitted an odor strongly disfavored by mosquitoes. 'Till this day, mosquitoes still avoid me.

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Oh boy, everyone brace, Hantavirus? Source: Rodents :eek:

BrightUnnaturalHagfish-small.gif giphy (5).gif 200w.gif

Last edited:

Sybertiger

Known around here
Reaction score
I bought a bunch of N95 masks at Home Depot on February 18th. FuQ 'em all...they were on the shelves for sale at HD and I bought them. I assume HD was happy for the sale and I was happy to pay for them. I have one years worth of food storage and a shit load of ammo for AK47's and AR15's and and shit load of lead and smokeless powder and other reloading supplies. FuQ 'em all for not taking the time to prepare for their own demise. I didn't load up on toilet paper so don't shake my left hand....LMAO!

Jessie.slimer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I have been on hydroxychloroquine since 1989 with no problems.
Long term, if your dosage is too high, it starts to build up in your eyes and clouds your vision. If this happens, it is reversible by lowering the dose. An eye Dr appt every year will find this quick enough.

My question is, will people already on it have less symptoms and shorter recovery?
From what I understand it is also used by people with Lupus. I heard today that this is how it's possible Covis use was first stumbled upon. Apparantly someone overseas noticed that nobody with Lupus had been infected with the virus.

Jessie.slimer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I bought a bunch of N95 masks at Home Depot on February 18th. FuQ 'em all...they were on the shelves for sale at HD and I bought them. I assume HD was happy for the sale and I was happy to pay for them. I have one years worth of food storage and a shit load of ammo for AK47's and AR15's and and shit load of lead and smokeless powder and other reloading supplies. FuQ 'em all for not taking the time to prepare for their own demise. I didn't load up on toilet paper so don't shake my left hand....LMAO!
That's right. I don't get mad at people who can read the stock market and predict ups and downs. Should they be forced to share their profits with others that didn't act? No. Buying something with the intention of keeping your family prepared is not hoarding.

erkme73

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
That's right. I don't get mad at people who can read the stock market and predict ups and downs. Should they be forced to share their profits with others that didn't act? No. Buying something with the intention of keeping your family prepared is not hoarding.
Beautiful analogy. I was really struggling to come up with one, and gave up. This nails what I was trying to say.

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
But that would be in the summer :confused: Wouldn't the virus be long gone? (no one really knows at the moment) On a more serious note, I won't get on a plane. Instead, I'll get on the "speed"way. Nobody is following the speed limit these days on the freeway anyway.

Better to follow the advice as pictured below

Dont. get. on. a. plane!
8edfd77d-2c25-4559-8743-6b7e5c209e36_750x422.jpg

Old Timer

Known around here
Reaction score
From what I understand it is also used by people with Lupus. I heard today that this is how it's possible Covis use was first stumbled upon. Apparantly someone overseas noticed that nobody with Lupus had been infected with the virus.
Hopefully this is correct! Being a first responder, I could sure use the help. I'm kind of behind the 8 ball.
Wish I knew for sure, I could step up rather then hold back, being in the at risk catagory.

erkme73

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Hopefully this is correct! Being a first responder, I could sure use the help. I'm kind of behind the 8 ball.
Wish I knew for sure, I could step up rather then hold back, being in the at risk catagory.
No kidding. Wife was potentially exposed last Thursday working in the ER. She's been self-isolating, and after researching the chloroquine, we called our family doc to get a script. That's when we found out that while he could write one, the pharmacies won't fill it. So close, yet so far.

Old Timer

Known around here
Reaction score
No kidding. Wife was potentially exposed last Thursday working in the ER. She's been self-isolating, and after researching the chloroquine, we called our family doc to get a script. That's when we found out that while he could write one, the pharmacies won't fill it. So close, yet so far.
It makes me wonder if I should and or could pick up my monthly refill.

erkme73

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
It makes me wonder if I should and or could pick up my monthly refill.
Absolutely. In fact, you should do that for ALL your meds. Talk to your doc about getting 90 day scripts - maybe even change to mail-order since those often will fill all 90 days at once. You want to be stocked before any pharma supply chain disruptions make it to the retail window.