Pandemic threat? Anyone else concerned?

rocky500

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Are you out of work personally? Have you defaulted on your mortgage personally? Is your bank account at zero personally?
Unfortunately there is no way round this if you want to save lives. You have to weigh up the losses against the lives saved and make the best judgement you can in these dark times and hopefully the Government, banks, etc can step up and do their bit too.

Didn't trump mention if he did not act and put some of these measures in place the death toll could be as high as 2 million?

Last edited:

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Things will get back to normal once its over but people wake up, its a Pandemic and its killing people!
We want the police to crack down on others here who ignore the rules put into place to protect the vulnerable in our society.
Hi @rocky500

I seriously doubt things will be returning to the "normal" we had in 2019, this will be a fundamental change once we're done with this.

I don't know what the safety net is like in Australia, however in the USA once you lose your job you also lose your benefits shortly afterwards ( medical, dental,.. ) and yes there is a way for you to buy them - but it is not affordable if you have little money. There is an immense amount of pain right now going on in the USA - and that will result in social unrest. The protests you are seeing is just the start... you can expect unrest coming to many other nations. ( happening in China also to some degree, you're just not seeing it.. )

I am expecting to see significant pain for Australia as raw materials will be not needed for some time to feed the Chinese factories.

In terms of "crack down" .. I don't think we really want a system established which allows any current democratic state to move towards an authoritarian one.

Having watched videos of police in the UK bust down a door and not wearing any PPE to someone who is alone in their flat claiming they are there to bust up a party - well, clearly that is not helpful for social distancing. Or police shooting at surfers on a beach in Costa Rica, or Police dragging a person not wearing a mask off public transit,...

So, we really should find a better balance than looking for police to enforce all the infractions.

rocky500

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi @rocky500

I seriously doubt things will be returning to the "normal" we had in 2019, this will be a fundamental change once we're done with this.
Yes a very bad choice of words from me. Once its over we all will have to pick up the pieces and try and move forward.
Hopefully your police force are better than that of what you used as examples. Same with ours. But it is what we have.

Yes we are definitely privileged in Australia as we have some fallback when loosing work.

When you mention "In terms of "crack down" .. I don't think we really want a system established which allows any current democratic state to move towards an authoritarian one. "
I don't see this happening in your country or ours in the foreseeable future.

Sybertiger

Known around here
Reaction score
How about this?

This picture is making the rounds.View attachment 59974

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
LOL...looks like a libtard Twatter post.

One of those is not like the other...anyone know the answer?

Hint: One of them falls under the first damn amendment in the Bill of Rights of the US Constitution and it goes like this:

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances."

Oceanslider

Known around here
Reaction score
LOL...looks like a libtard Twatter post.

One of those is not like the other...anyone know the answer?

Hint: One of them falls under the first damn amendment in the Bill of Rights of the US Constitution and it goes like this:

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances."
Also the 2nd Amendment is not about hunting. It was established to give the people the ability to defend against governmental tyranny.

Sybertiger

Known around here
Reaction score
if it means we might save someones Dad, Mother, Uncle, Aunty , Grandparents etc!
This must be a post in jest. Are you trying to tell me that you and your fellow citizens are ready to stop driving motor vehicles? You are, after all, putting someone's dad, mother, aunt, grandparent, child in danger every time you get behind the wheel. Maybe y'all can put some laws in the books against climbing trees, swimming, sky diving, et al....someone might get hurt or <gasp> get killed.

Sybertiger

Known around here
Reaction score
I'm sure just one of many we'll see....

Jessie.slimer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I'm sure just one of many we'll see....

Good. If I drove a car with brakes known to be faulty, and killed a group of people because of it, I would expect to be held responsible, both criminally and financially. Why is this any different?

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Wow, India thought they were getting a great deal at the Dollar Store. Did they not learn from Spain and other European countries that received faulty testing kits? :eek:

I can only imagine how many false-negative are in India. The wave will unleash itself when they reopen their economy. :facepalm: Propaganda spreads there as well. They think that they have it all under control but people are retaliating as well. Their punishment? Writing Sorry 500x times for disobeying the lockdown on a piece of paper, doing 500 push-ups...the list goes on.

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
and you surely won’t my friend, as you are most likely are only watching fake news
How comforting it must be to live in a special world in which anything that doesn't mirror one's world-view is judged false.

So certain...without any reservations what-so-ever.

unicorn01.gif

Oceanslider

Known around here
Reaction score
Unfortunately there is no way round this if you want to save lives. You have to weigh up the losses against the lives saved and make the best judgement you can in these dark times and hopefully the Government, banks, etc can step up and do their bit too.

Didn't trump mention if he did not act and put some of these measures in place the death toll could be as high as 2 million?
The rest of the world are amazed and shocked at Americans.
Its a Pandemic!
If I have to go into lockdown here in Australia for a month or even more, I will do it! if it means we might save someones Dad, Mother, Uncle, Aunty , Grandparents etc!
Things will get back to normal once its over but people wake up, its a Pandemic and its killing people!
We want the police to crack down on others here who ignore the rules put into place to protect the vulnerable in our society.
All it takes is a few to ignore the restrictions to cause havoc amoungst the popluation by spreading the virus out of control.
Its working for us in Australia and New Zealand and soon our restrictions will be eased off and we will have saved so many lives with the heavy restrictions.
I just don't get the mentality that I see on the news in America?
Wake up and put yourselves out a bit for a short time to save lives! Every Country is hurting and these restrictions are to save lives.

Once it is all over and if they don't lift any of the measures put in place to hinder your rights, then by all means, protest, go to rally's etc, strike do what ever.
Luckily, America is not a nation of solely Brian Stelter's. We aren't all going to crawl under the bedsheets and sobb like a girl.

Last edited:

Jessie.slimer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
How comforting it must be to live in a special world in which anything that doesn't mirror one's world-view is judged false.

So certain...without any reservations what-so-ever.

View attachment 60062
Saw it today. Had to post it. Maybe a new profile pic?? :D

Attachments

rocky500

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Luckily, America is not a nation of solely Brian Stelter's. We aren't all going to crawl under the bedsheets and sobb like a girl.
Trump said if he did not act and put in place things like social distancing it could be like 2.2 million deaths in America.
When has a influenza overwhelmed your hospitals like it has with Corona Virus?
New York has never seen something this bad before.
Wake up guys, it is bad.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
One does need to put in perspective I think the number used for normal flu vs Corona The normal flu deaths are typically quoted based on a full year. Corona deaths numbers thus far are for about 45 days. I do think keeping isolated like much of the country has done has reduced the number greatly vs not having done so.

Beyond that I'm not much into the politics of the whole thing. Seems like a damned if you do damned if you dont kinda mess, glad I didnt have to make the calls.

ctgoldwing

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
This "Cure" for the Pandemic will indeed cause more suffering and death than the Pandemic itself. Here is an article from 2002...
lmao
Great citation - does not say how much it will increase the death rate but it does play into your view of things

ctgoldwing

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Here are the highlights of Trump the day he mentioned Chloroquine / Hydroxychloroquine as a possible “game changer”. Starting with the first night of the day Trump made these comments Fake News went absolutely nuts. This was the day before the next when they hammered him and Fauci(who was not here during these comment before the press went nuts) about Trump putting it out there. If you honestly listen to Trump without bias, can you honestly say his comments were not just being hopeful? If you honestly listen to him, he also says “maybe not“. The fake news left this part of it out completely however, but in this day and age par for the course. It didn’t meet their narrative.
and today HIS chief medical people came out against using it. Who would have thought scientists could come to a different conclusion than "I've got a hunch" trump