Pandemic threat? Anyone else concerned?

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I smell bullshit. What gun stores have been closed?
Can start with this one:

Gun Stores Ruled Essential Businesses During Coronavirus Shutdowns
Trump administration adds guns to list of industries like food and energy after lobbying by firearms industry

additional references:
The NRA is suing Gov. Cuomo after New York closed gun shops as non-essential businesses
IL Mayor Signs Executive Order Allowing Her To Ban Gun, Ammo Sales
States were closing gun shops. Activists turned to the White House.
California sheriff reverses order closing gun stores
The shaky case for ordering gun stores closed during the coronavirus outbreak

Oh, and here looks to be a good First Amendment related one:
Teen Ordered to Delete Instagram Post About Virus Or Face Arrest
Teen Ordered to Delete Instagram Post About Virus Or Face Arrest

"According to the lawsuit, Amyiah’s local school superintendent somehow stumbled across her Instagram post and alerted the county sheriff, demanding that he send a deputy over to her home to tell her to delete what she had written. Amazingly, rather than tell the superintendent to go pound sand, the sheriff did dispatch a deputy, and once there, he made it clear that the sheriff meant business. ...
Klump stated that the sheriff wanted the post removed because there were no confirmed cases of the coronavirus in Marquette County at the time. "

her post:
1587357038746.png

Last edited:

Oceanslider

Known around here
Reaction score
@Oceanslider I'm very disappointed by the Washington Post and New York Times on their coverage on the WHO.

On closer inspection both papers do get significant ad money from China as well as pro-Chinese businesses. It should be clear to those of us who have been keeping up with the facts that numerous "News outlets" have been compromised by China's soft power. ( just like the NBA has been, just like our Airline industry has been - which were forced to deny Taiwan ROC )

Here is an example of "China Watch" being put into the Washington Post.

View attachment 59898

China splurges $500m on broadcasting state media in Australia, asks us to 'see the difference'

I'm planning to watch the Democrats and see which ones back the false narrative on the WHO being on top of this.

Seriously, if a couple of "blokes" can do better on evaluating the corona virus pandemic on youtube ( which has demonetized numerous channels including these 2 ) without getting paid - then it really is a disgrace that main stream news outlets and the WHO have failed us.

( 2 channels in question: Peak Prosperity, and Dr John Campbell )
Great article on CGTN in your link there.

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
At this point, humans of capable of anything. They can control the destiny of the human race as well as the face of this planet. Yet, mother nature is paving her way as well. Just a thought...

The director of the Wuhan virology lab at the center of conspiracy theories denies rumors and says that manufacturing a coronavirus is not humanly possible.

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
High dosage Vitamin C administered as part of treatment regimen against COVID-19

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Facts are Facts, but the question remains, how reliable are the sources and folks transmitting the information. Sure, its not a hoax, its not a conspiracy theory, but people deserve factual information and a neutral tone. You shouldn't allow the media to exaggerate nor attempt to fear monger at this time. Save that for Hollywood.

Frankenscript

Known around here
Reaction score
Here is a nice visualization about treatments and vaccines in progress:

Although a bit dated now by a few weeks, it shows the diversity of approaches. Hopefully it will be updated soon.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Oceanslider

Known around here
Reaction score
At this point, humans of capable of anything. They can control the destiny of the human race as well as the face of this planet. Yet, mother nature is paving her way as well. Just a thought...

Straight from the mouth of CCP's CGTN and its affiliates.

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Very weak statement. He should have said we “condemn this practice until further notice!”

Oceanslider

Known around here
Reaction score
Oil just crashed below $0 per barrel. No place to store it.

Not sure how old you are but do you remember in the 70s (only 4.046 billion people on earth in 1975) when Science was telling us the world was going to run out of oil in the not to distant future and now we have 7.8 billion people and oil consumption that is probably 10 times as much? They were also pushing the Antarctic hole in the Ozone theory about the same time. Thing is that freon usage probably increased 20 fold also since then, as the developing world, including China and India, does not follow American laws.

Last edited:

Frankenscript

Known around here
Reaction score
Ok, unexpected but ok. Your oil data is directionally right if the numbers are a bit off:

In 2016 we used about 1.5 x the 1983 amount of oil as a world. Not like 10x. But more, for sure, steadily increasing since a minimum in 1983. Oil is finite and we run out eventually (<50 years). We are accelerating our usage faster than our rate of discovery supports.

I'm on my 50's; I remember some really crappy cars In late 70s early 80s. Ugh!

Frankenscript

Known around here
Reaction score
Part of my message got cut off. My intent here was just a wow moment in that oil is currently so plentiful that it apparently costs more to store it then to own it, driving Sub-Zero prices per barrel.

And for the record in case anybody cares, I drive a gas-guzzling SUV instead of an electric car.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Indoors more dangerous for infection: ( results as expected, outdoors should be fairly safe.. so @Oceanslider should be able to go surfing without too many issues of catching the virus )

"We divided the venues in which the outbreaks occurred into six categories: homes, transport, food, entertainment, shopping, and miscellaneous. Among the identified outbreaks, 53.8% involved three cases, 26.4% involved four cases, and only 1.6% involved ten or more cases. Home outbreaks were the dominant category (254 of 318 outbreaks; 79.9%), followed by transport (108; 34.0%; note that many outbreaks involved more than one venue category). Most home outbreaks involved three to five cases. We identified only a single outbreak in an outdoor environment, which involved two cases. Conclusions: All identified outbreaks of three or more cases occurred in an indoor environment, which confirms that sharing indoor space is a major SARS-CoV-2 infection risk."

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
We were supposed to run out of oil around 2050, then 2100. There's more oil, available, to be pumped today then there was back when those "predictions" (which are based on models which we all know are nothing but accurate) were made.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
We were supposed to run out of oil around 2050, then 2100. There's more oil, available, to be pumped today then there was back when those "predictions" (which are based on models which we all know are nothing but accurate) were made.
A lot of this has to do with improvements in extraction methods which originally were considered too expensive and thus financially impractical. ( Tar Sands, Fracking, Too deep in the Ocean, ... )