Pandemic threat? Anyone else concerned?

beepsilver

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
This has galvanized the black community against him from a motivational perspective and I think ends any chance he might have had for re-election.
So this is what wishful thinking looks like when it's written--hahaha, good one!

Frankenscript

Known around here
Reaction score
Do you support law enforcement beating rioters and looters with batons until they can be cuffed and removed? Or do you support letting them get away with destroying property to get it out of their system? Do you support the shooting of a protester with a rubber bullet who has climbed on top of a cop car? Do you support physical incapacitation of any person who, through even the slightest act of physical violence results in senseless injury to an innocent bystander such as your parent, wife or child? I support every single one of these control measures (not the getting it out of their system part), because I know that employment of these measures will prevent future, similar violence.
I support the use of force via a doctrine of using minimum force necessary to protect first lives, then property.

If rioters and or looters were threatening bystanders, then yes force may be necessary. If they were threatening to destroy property, it depends on the immediacy of the threat. If they were spray painting and maybe breaking windows, one level of force is acceptable. If they are holding malt liquor bottles with gas in them, that may require a much larger use of force. Fire in particular because you never know who might be in a building.

My perspective is that of someone who was born in the late 60's and was too young for that round of race riots (yes, race riots, not just protests) and lived through another wave in the 70's when I didn't know if my dad was going to come home, because he was there defending the family business downtown (we lived in an east coast city). So I don't have soft spot for looters, vandals, or others of the ilk. I'm liberal, but only up to a point.

When there are thousands of people it's often hard to judge what is acceptable appropriate force. I'll tell you what isn't appropriate: "Do you support the shooting of a protester with a rubber bullet who has climbed on top of a cop car?" Hell no. The car isn't worth the potential life lost. I don't equate a car with a life, nor do I equate it with a business. Also the consequences of using life threatening force extend beyond the here and now: it may precipitate a much larger reaction.

We'll just call anyone who jumps on cop cars or throws molotov cocktails through windows "misbehavers" until the offending group recognizes there's a new term they don't like, whine about it and petition hypersensitive people like you to advocate sensitivity training to limit appropriate emotions over improper acts. How naive can you be.
Again, these are two very different things. And I'm not naive. I was in grad school in California during the Rodney King episode. I actually talked a bunch of folks (mix of black and hispanic, a few whites and asians) from going down to LA. When it was starting they had all sorts of ideas about going down there and sticking it to the man, and I talked with them for hours over the course of an afternoon with a couple of other like minded people. They decided not to go down there and thanked me a week later.

Don't just point your finger at the President/Vice President. Millions of Americans have the opposite perspective as you and showed it by speaking out and disassociating with the NFL.
We all get to make our decisions. It's a free country, particularly if you're white.

Frankenscript

Known around here
Reaction score
For the record, no rubber bullets in this scenario of jumping on cars:

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
HI @bigredfish

Actually seeing people are looting right in front of cops... watching videos where the looters get away, and those just strolling without loot are getting arrested... crazy never thought I would see the cops let the looters go.

Here's a picture of a looter who broke the window and is now bailing out of the store ( police which failed to arrest blocked the entrance )
View attachment 62905

This looter bails out after tossing a pile of loot and then runs, cops near by

View attachment 62906

Cops watching and standing by
View attachment 62907

wtf girl running to "protect" the looters???
View attachment 62908

Exit created by her pals to help less athletic looters out... while cops watch and let this happen..

View attachment 62909

This is why the Koreans in LA know to load up on ammo...

They are under orders. Those orders ultimately come from politicians. Ask the Mayor

Frankenscript

Known around here
Reaction score
And Fix News covers up another atrocity:

1591061742001.png

He wanted to be seen in front of the church which sustained damage, so the peaceful crowd was dispersed with flash bangs, rubber bullets, and tear gas. No one was rioting.

He needs to step down.

Frankenscript

Known around here
Reaction score
Fix won't cover this either:

Please put your "CNN is biased" (they are) indignation on hold and listen to what the bishop says.

(the forum doesn't seem to handle it well... go to www cnn com /videos/politics/2020/06/02/mariann-budde-bishop-st-johns-trump-bible-photo-ac360-vpx.cnn

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
And Fix News covers up another atrocity:

View attachment 62915

He wanted to be seen in front of the church which sustained damage, so the peaceful crowd was dispersed with flash bangs, rubber bullets, and tear gas. No one was rioting.

He needs to step down.
Hmm..Seems they all started peaceful. It Might be the storefronts now, they are fully organized, their goal is to overwhelm the system and take it down, once the stores run out of stuff it will be the homeowners, hopefully the American Citizens will not stand for this for two much longer. We have stores about two miles as the crow flies in another county that are closing down because of rioting threats, this is hitting pretty close to home. This shit is going on everywhere now. Trump has a set of balls, wait and see when armored vehicles are patrolling Times Square soon, he aint gunna wait too much longer I bet.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I support the use of force via a doctrine of using minimum force necessary to protect first lives, then property.

If rioters and or looters were threatening bystanders, then yes force may be necessary. If they were threatening to destroy property, it depends on the immediacy of the threat. If they were spray painting and maybe breaking windows, one level of force is acceptable. If they are holding malt liquor bottles with gas in them, that may require a much larger use of force. Fire in particular because you never know who might be in a building.

My perspective is that of someone who was born in the late 60's and was too young for that round of race riots (yes, race riots, not just protests) and lived through another wave in the 70's when I didn't know if my dad was going to come home, because he was there defending the family business downtown (we lived in an east coast city). So I don't have soft spot for looters, vandals, or others of the ilk. I'm liberal, but only up to a point.

When there are thousands of people it's often hard to judge what is acceptable appropriate force. I'll tell you what isn't appropriate: "Do you support the shooting of a protester with a rubber bullet who has climbed on top of a cop car?" Hell no. The car isn't worth the potential life lost. I don't equate a car with a life, nor do I equate it with a business. Also the consequences of using life threatening force extend beyond the here and now: it may precipitate a much larger reaction.

Again, these are two very different things. And I'm not naive. I was in grad school in California during the Rodney King episode. I actually talked a bunch of folks (mix of black and hispanic, a few whites and asians) from going down to LA. When it was starting they had all sorts of ideas about going down there and sticking it to the man, and I talked with them for hours over the course of an afternoon with a couple of other like minded people. They decided not to go down there and thanked me a week later.

We all get to make our decisions. It's a free country, particularly if you're white.
Strong deadly force should be used on these animals looting and destroying property. Property that folks spent their last dimes on that they worked their hands rough for. Its very easy for you to spew your leftist bullshit sitting in a fancy house in whitelandia. Dont pretend this affects you. This affects hard working people of all colors who have had their businesses and cars destroyed by these animal thugs. Did you watch what they did to folks trying to protect their property? They beat them close to death. Go watch the videos of people being beaten in the streets just because they dont want their businesses or homes looted. Pretend that was you and your family. I know its hard because you keep your windows rolled up and doors locked when you drive through the "rough" neighborhoods.
So keep drinking your expensive wine, behind your white picket fence and support terrorist mobs.
Two weeks ago you were ranting and raging about keeping everything shut down. Now all of sudden, let them loot. Let them protest? If businesses cannot operate pray tell how even peaceful protests are allowed. You know the answer.

The animal on the police vehicle was not a protester. He is a vandal that climbed on a car should be thrown off head first. Cant wait till come by your house. I honestly hope they do. You need to feel the fear and outrage. You need to suffer the consequences of supporting the terrorists. Perhaps they will pull you out of your fancy car as you drive through town.

Not a single one of these damn looters cares about black lives. If they did they would burn down crack houses instead of police stations and toss molotov cocktails inside drug dealers vehicles instead of police cars while there are officers inside.
This is a free country whether you are black or white. Its how you choose to live your life. Interaction for interaction police actually shoot and kill whites more. This fallacy of excessive police brutality is just that. I know it happens. I sue officers and departments all the time. Its is very rare. You dont seem to give a damn about the thousands of black on black murders not to mention the disproportionate black on white murder/rape/assualt.
Spare us the phony "It's a free country, particularly if you're white." Its a free county for everyone. You dont have to apologize for being white. It is 2020. No one gives a damn what your skin color is or for that matter anything else about you (unless you are a college admission officer or corporate HR manager) . Good people are good people.
I will say that I am certain, that phony leftists like you would not only never let a person like floyd in your home, you are happy he is dead so you can use him as a prop. Sick, but I am spot on.

Sybertiger

Known around here
Reaction score
These liberals who are hurting innocent people and bystanders or are attacking business owners are cowards. Notice how they hover in gangs and mobs because they are too cowardly to pull this shit off by themselves. The liberal leadership of the cities is a massive failure and their policies are a failure. It's humorous to see their reactionary lame effort that is a result of them painting themselves into a corner...LOL

Sybertiger

Known around here
Reaction score

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
The guy standing on top of the police cruiser is guilty of much more than an "innocent" act of "protest". He is flaunting law enforcement, potentially damaging property paid for by the tax payers, us, saying F you to every one of us and the Constitution, and IMHO saying he doesn't give a damn about our laws. A rubber bullet is the least he deserves. Now police are being assaulted with vehicles and being shot at. Maybe all the police should sit down and sing Kum By Ah instead of try to maintain law and order which is a basic right of EVERY citizen and the job that they are there to do.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score