Reaction score

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
"...with the help of the Gates Foundation"

Frankenscript

Known around here
Reaction score
Those numbers are such a joke. No one is dying of anything but Wuhan Flu these days. But their base will believe anything
On another forum I frequent, a person who is a life flight (helicopter) EMT staffer posted the following (and for the record, he lives in my state; I've met him in real life):

Bad news first:
In the imminent future, patients will start to die because there simply aren’t enough people to care for them. Doctors and nurses will burn out. The most precious resource the U.S. health-care system has in the struggle against COVID-19 isn’t some miracle drug. It’s the expertise of its health-care workers—and they are exhausted.
But the good part:
Most important, COVID-19 is no longer a total mystery. Health-care workers now have a clearer idea of what the SARS-CoV-2 coronavirus is capable of. Protocols that didn’t exist in the spring have become habit. “It used to be that to do a single thing, people would start email chains and you’d be 100 emails in before we knew the answer,” Choo says. “Now we’re moving faster. It feels a lot more confident.”
The article also talks about intubation, CVVH, and proning critical patients. We flew someone prone not too long ago and between everything going on, there was at least 30 people involved between us and the two hospitals to ensure this person was transferred as smooth as possible. 30 people dedicated to 1 patient. It took us an hour at each facility to make the transition.
Utah is reporting people trying to get into the ICUs with cameras to "prove" they aren't full with Covid cases. The staff is also reporting a few phone calls with people claiming the hospital isn't really full and the Covid cases aren't real. Every minute spent dealing with those people are minutes not being spent with patients, charting, or even being able to eat or go to the bathroom.

In addition to the stress Covid is continuing to place on our hospitals, it is now the leading cause of line of duty death for first responders, bypassing heart attacks and accidents.

COVID-19 increases line-of-duty deaths

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
COVID-19: The Biggest BULLSHIT In Human History. Preventable? Yes Curable? Yes 100% Legitimate: No

On Governor Witchmore's new lock down based on what the "reputable scientists" say...

Politicians chose their "reputable scientists" the exact same way they choose their prostitutes.

They pay the ones who will do or say what they want.

Frankenscript

Known around here
Reaction score
COVID-19: The Biggest BULLSHIT In Human History. Preventable? Yes Curable? Yes 100% Legitimate: No
This is not just idiocy, it is dangerous idiocy.

Most of the country is in the middle of a serious spike in cases, hospitalizations, and deaths. And not just us, many other countries are facing spikes too. The common denominator is that the places where it was taken the least seriously in the summer and early fall are the places facing the biggest upswings, like my own state of Indiana. Places that kept a lid on things are doing relatively well.

It's not even winter yet, but it's shaping up to be a rough one.

Frankenscript

Known around here
Reaction score
Here is a good, non-sensational article on the state of affairs.

1605621241461.png

Note that many of the highly rural areas have the worst infection rates, while areas that were slammed over the summer (Tx, Fl, Ca) are doing relatively well.

Frankenscript

Known around here
Reaction score

Frankenscript

Known around here
Reaction score
Our leaders should lead by example, for sure, demonstrating prudent choices and emphasizing public safety. Unfortunately too many on both sides of the spectrum think they are above it all.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Jessie.slimer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Chicago mayor Larry Lightweight out galavanting over the weekend, while telling everyone that Thanksgiving is cancelled and we all have to do our part. F'in hypocrites.

At least most Republican leaders are not preaching to the least vulnerable to lock themselves in your basement and cower in fear.

Frankenscript

Known around here
Reaction score
So will your man Harris/Biden "listen to the science" and issue a national stay home/mask mandate?

..... or was that just another "campaign' lie?
He started by describing his fact based approach for figuring out his personal Thanksgiving. That's a good start. The rest, we'll just have to wait and see.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Our leaders should lead by example, for sure, demonstrating prudent choices and emphasizing public safety. Unfortunately too many on both sides of the spectrum think they are above it all.

Bill Gates
Says he doesnt understand anti-maskers - "We ask you to wear pants. No American says, or very few Americans say, that that's like some terrible thing."

I mean thats no big deal right?....
  • We ask you not to own bazookas so I dont get why its a problem if we take your handguns with more than 10 bullets away
  • We ask you not to shout 'fire" in a crowded theater, so whats the big deal when we censor you for voicing your opinion on the lie of BLM or critical race theory
  • We ask you to pay more for cars with low emission equipment and condemn cheap fossil fuel power generation, so whats the problem with us mandating the elimination of combustion engines, mandating solar panels, and taxing you to combat "climate change"
See the slippery slope?

Ol Bill has become an all knowing elitist that knows whats good for me,.