Pandemic threat? Anyone else concerned?

Jessie.slimer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Even more so, the article stated the street's erupted in celebration on the alleged Biden win, think of how many of those idiots will end up in ER...

View attachment 75336
Yep, let me get the hypocrisy stamp out again.

Rules for thee, not for me.

Frankenscript

Known around here
Reaction score
I agree people celebrating in the streets mask less and hugging each other were idiots. There's a pandemic a-goin' on!

I also consider anyone that goes into a restaurant operating at anything close to normal capacity an idiot.

The health care model arguments are rather timeless and will continue past Biden's term for sure... Nothing will be resolved in the next four years, so once the pandemic is over we will still have something to talk about other than cameras of course.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I agree people celebrating in the streets mask less and hugging each other were idiots. There's a pandemic a-goin' on!

I also consider anyone that goes into a restaurant operating at anything close to normal capacity an idiot.

The health care model arguments are rather timeless and will continue past Biden's term for sure... Nothing will be resolved in the next four years, so once the pandemic is over we will still have something to talk about other than cameras of course.

Here many restaurants have put up plexiglass between booths, we have been a few times this year but try to limit ourselves since we are older...

Jessie.slimer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Here many restaurants have put up plexiglass between booths, we have been a few times this year but try to limit ourselves since we are older...
Same with schools. We have the money. We have the technology. We can make it work.. But for many, we don't have the desire to work. We want it handed to us.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Same with schools. We have the money. We have the technology. We can make it work.. But for many, we don't have the desire to work. We want it handed to us.
For our favorite restaurants, a few have already closed, we make sure we order from them as much as possible. We do cook at home but try to help in any way we can.

Frankenscript

Known around here
Reaction score
Dems getting even one of the Ga seats would be an amazing turn of events. Taking both would rank as as a Dem wet dream fantasy of the same order as Trump trying to overturn Biden's victory.

And with that, I'm out for the day. Stay safe all.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Calling out the hypocrisy of the Left once again... its so easy its child's play

About that phony press claim that President Trump didn't care about COVID...

Why would we trust Democrats to provide health care to all of us when they don't give a damn about the most vulnerable?

It has been clear for years that almost no supposed journalists at Washington Post, New York Times, CNN and elsewhere give a damn about the truth. All they care about is power for Democrats.

Saying Trump didn't give a damn about the virus and is therefore responsible for all deaths is as big a lie as the Russian collusion hoax they spread for years. They should stop pretending they care about the truth. It is no wonder most of the public has no respect for the sycophant puppets posing at journalists.

Jessie.slimer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Its funny and sad at the same time. I think it was Tucker last night who was showing a clip of a lone surfer out in the CA ocean being brought out in handcuffs for breaking Covid Law, compared to the hypocrite Gov Gavin Newsome enjoying his dinner last week maskless, surrounded by a bunch of maskless non family members in a crowded restaurant, after telling everyone else its against the law.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Anyone see the report from Denmark, actually a large study, that shows masks are not very effective, at all, in preventing the spread of the CCP Virus? There is specific mention of the paper masks being relatively useless, especially if worn like many people wear them, below the nose. They conclude that a cloth mask may actually work better, but in terms of percentages that's splitting hairs. They even mention that the vaunted N95 mask isn't a whole lot better. This is a large study, apparently, and also notes that the virus can spread 10 meters, just a "tad" more than six feet.

The CDC reports that 85% of those infected with the CCP Virus report wearing a mask, as mandated, for at least fourteen days prior to becoming infected.

It's also interesting to note that the current "spike", which is a real concern, is occurring in areas with high percentages of mask wearing as well as in areas where masks are not mandated or heavily used.

Last edited:

Frankenscript

Known around here
Reaction score
Anyone see the report from Denmark, actually a large study, that shows masks are not very effective, at all, in preventing the spread of the CCP Virus? There is specific mention of the paper masks being relatively useless, especially if worn like many people wear them, below the nose. They conclude that a cloth mask may actually work better, but in terms of percentages that's splitting hairs. They even mention that the vaunted N95 mask isn't a whole lot better. This is a large study, apparently, and also notes that the virus can spread 10 meters, just a "tad" more than six feet.

The CDC reports that 85% of those infected with the CCP Virus report wearing a mask, as mandated, for at least fourteen days prior to becoming infected.

It's also interesting to note that the current "spike", which is a real concern, is occurring in areas with high percentages of mask wearing as well as in areas where masks are not mandated or heavily used.
That study is getting a lot of attention. While there are a lot of limitations on what it can show, the key finding it reports is that the masks didn't prevent healthy mask wearers from getting sick.

The main thing wearing masks does is reduce the spread from infected wearers. So, your first sentence actually misquotes the study. Masks definitely do reduce the spread. Just, under the specific conditions in Denmark at the time of it, they didn't see much benefit to healthy wearers. The problem is a lot of the infected spreaders don't know they are sick.

Also, the Denmark conditions studied are much less dire than we are facing today in the US. Someone going out here now and about is much more likely to encounter the virus and thus the benefit from wearing a mask may be higher to the healthy, apart from the need to reduce the spread by infected folks.

This article discussed it further:

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
They mention that the effectiveness of reducing spread is not very good either. I also misquoted the CDC, they said 70% versus the 85% number I mentioned. Point being that the efficacy of masks is questionable no matter how you try to slice the onion. I wear a mask because I need to shop. Other than that no mask. If masks are so effective why was Newsom having dinner, in a closed room, with strangers and no one was wearing a mask? I know, he's not an "expert" but don't tell him or a whole list of others that.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
CDC Director: "All Schools Should Remain Open"

“At no time has the CDC suggested school should be closed...
...All school should remain open. It is the safest place for children to be.”
As NY, the largest school district in the nation, is set to close on a de minimus positivity rate, Redfield exclaims that following the data shows "there has been no intra-school transmission and we must make sure not to make emotional decisions when the data strongly supports making sure schools remain open."

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score

“This, despite all those assurances from Dr. Fauci that the drug, which prior to COVID had been a major money loser for Gilead, would revolutionize care related to the virus.”

Well at least the execs unloaded their stock and made a ton. Oooppss

Frankenscript

Known around here
Reaction score

That study is getting a lot of attention. While there are a lot of limitations on what it can show, the key finding it reports is that the masks didn't prevent healthy mask wearers from getting sick.

The main thing wearing masks does is reduce the spread from infected wearers. So, your first sentence actually misquotes the study. Masks definitely do reduce the spread. Just, under the specific conditions in Denmark at the time of it, they didn't see much benefit to healthy wearers. The problem is a lot of the infected spreaders don't know they are sick.

Also, the Denmark conditions studied are much less dire than we are facing today in the US. Someone going out here now and about is much more likely to encounter the virus and thus the benefit from wearing a mask may be higher to the healthy, apart from the need to reduce the spread by infected folks.

This article discussed it further:

They mention that the effectiveness of reducing spread is not very good either. I also misquoted the CDC, they said 70% versus the 85% number I mentioned. Point being that the efficacy of masks is questionable no matter how you try to slice the onion. I wear a mask because I need to shop. Other than that no mask. If masks are so effective why was Newsom having dinner, in a closed room, with strangers and no one was wearing a mask? I know, he's not an "expert" but don't tell him or a whole list of others that.
Please read the study (here). It was done in Denmark in April and May, and it measured how many people got sick via COVID-19 and several other respiratory viruses while wearing masks in an environment where mask wearing was uncommon, and if you go back and do research you'll find prevalence of COVID-19 was much lower there-then, than in the US here-now. The study did not do any measurements whatsoever of spread of virus from infected mask wearers. Also note we have learned a lot since this study was done and written up. Just because it was published recently, doesn't mean it is "current" due to the lengthy peer review cycle and fast pace that things have been moving this year.

From the results section: "Although no statistically significant difference in SARS-CoV-2 incidence was observed, the 95% CIs are compatible with a possible 46% reduction to 23% increase in infection among mask wearers. These findings do offer evidence about the degree of protection mask wearers can anticipate in a setting where others are not wearing masks and where other public health measures, including social distancing, are in effect. The findings, however, should not be used to conclude that a recommendation for everyone to wear masks in the community would not be effective in reducing SARS-CoV-2 infections, because the trial did not test the role of masks in source control of SARS-CoV-2 infection. During the study period, authorities did not recommend face mask use outside hospital settings and mask use was rare in community settings (22). This means that study participants' exposure was overwhelmingly to persons not wearing masks."

The point of us all wearing masks is to reduce spread by those that are infectious but presumably don't know they are infectious. Masks have been conclusively shown to reduce spread in this way.

And yes, our leaders should set good examples. They shouldn't hold big indoor dinner parties where folks are maskless (or any big indoor dinner parties, for that matter).