Pandemic threat? Anyone else concerned?

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
They now know what people will accept in the name of "safety"
"safety" = "fear"

Here is the crazy part; if we all lived our long life fearfully of everything that had a 1% failure rate and 99% success rate, we would of never accomplished anything. Coming from a Construction career most all of my jobs had probably at least a minimum of a 25% chance of death or serious injury, sometimes a much higher percentage. I worked as a Lineman about a third of my life, I have gaffed out many times dropping 20 feet, even gaffed my leg one time. Had to climb 90 footers from the Light Co. too. Also climbed a 500 foot tower to change out the light bulbs. I could go on and on of all the risky things I have done in my life, I skydived at 50 and plan on doing it at 60, 70 and hopefully 80, maybe even 90 like Bush Sr. did.

Wow Gaffs (Hooks) have gotten very expensive from 30 years ago. I use to have some Aluminum Gaffs too.

1614733792965.png

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Hah! I was an electronic tech in the service. We drew straws to see who got to climb the LORAN C 1,350 foot antenna to change the light bulbs. The reason we drew straws? We ALL wanted to be the one to do it. I lost, but as I recall, the guy that won took a lot of pics from up there.

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
108 illegal immigrants in Texas who tested positive for COVID reportedly released

More than 100 illegal immigrants who tested positive for the coronavirus — after their arrival in Texas since late January — have been released by the Border Patrol into the Lone Star State and are free to travel to other parts of the US, according to reports.

Felipe Romero, a spokesman for the border city of Brownsville, told Fox News that they are telling the migrants who tested positive to follow Centers for Disease Control and Prevention guidelines to quarantine and maintain social distance, but that Brownsville doesn’t have the authority to stop them from traveling to the rest of the country.

He said the 108 positives account for 6.3 percent of the total migrants who received rapid tests at the city’s main bus terminal, a program that began on Jan. 25.

Some of the migrants described to Noticias Telemundo Investiga how they were tested at the border and then allowed to hit the streets despite a positive result for the coronavirus.

Miriam Izaguirre, a migrant from Honduras, said she crossed the Rio Grande on Monday with her young son and surrendered to authorities but was released within a few hours by the Border Patrol.
“Right now we were tested for COVID and they separated us … because we were positive,” Izaguirre told news site. “We are waiting right now.”

They expect to board a bus to Houston.

Other migrants who tested positive said they plan to travel to North Carolina, Maryland and New Jersey.

Migrants in Texas who tested positive for COVID reportedly released (nypost.com)

rahhazar

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
108 illegal immigrants in Texas who tested positive for COVID reportedly released

More than 100 illegal immigrants who tested positive for the coronavirus — after their arrival in Texas since late January — have been released by the Border Patrol into the Lone Star State and are free to travel to other parts of the US, according to reports.

Felipe Romero, a spokesman for the border city of Brownsville, told Fox News that they are telling the migrants who tested positive to follow Centers for Disease Control and Prevention guidelines to quarantine and maintain social distance, but that Brownsville doesn’t have the authority to stop them from traveling to the rest of the country.

He said the 108 positives account for 6.3 percent of the total migrants who received rapid tests at the city’s main bus terminal, a program that began on Jan. 25.

Some of the migrants described to Noticias Telemundo Investiga how they were tested at the border and then allowed to hit the streets despite a positive result for the coronavirus.

Miriam Izaguirre, a migrant from Honduras, said she crossed the Rio Grande on Monday with her young son and surrendered to authorities but was released within a few hours by the Border Patrol.
“Right now we were tested for COVID and they separated us … because we were positive,” Izaguirre told news site. “We are waiting right now.”

They expect to board a bus to Houston.

Other migrants who tested positive said they plan to travel to North Carolina, Maryland and New Jersey.

Migrants in Texas who tested positive for COVID reportedly released (nypost.com)
Sad to watch ppl getting fucked up in this country

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score