Pandemic threat? Anyone else concerned?

TVille

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
So what good is a test if it can give 'false positives'? So what are you to do? Take it again? And get another false positive?
Better than the virus test with a very high false positive rate. PCR tests are still used through this year

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
The PCR test s being dropped per the CDC if I remember correctly. It varies according to how many cycles are used and they've been using high numbers of cycles, like 45 if memory serves, which also results in false positives. The reality is that there is no reliable test method for this virus. Am I the only one that finds that very strange?

TVille

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
The PCR test s being dropped per the CDC if I remember correctly. It varies according to how many cycles are used and they've been using high numbers of cycles, like 45 if memory serves, which also results in false positives. The reality is that there is no reliable test method for this virus. Am I the only one that finds that very strange?
It is not being dropped until the end of this year. Strangely enough, the CDC will recommend to the FDA that it be dropped. Politics anyone?

TVille

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
If the PCR test is so good why would the CDC drop it. Something stinks about the whole PCR test thing.
The PCR test method is not the issue, it is that to be sensitive enough for the C virus, it was "amplified" 40 times. The test loses accuracy at counts above 32. So it returned positive results in many cases for other viruses found in the sinuses, like, say, corona viruses (aka common cold), flu, etc.

They also recommend testing folks who have been vaccinated with an amplification of like 28. Manipulating numbers, again...

Reaction score
Would you prefer a test that errors more on false negatives?
No. My point is what good is a test at all if they tell you that you can get false positives OR false negatives. It is useless.

So I get tested. I get my result, but they say your result was 'X', but it could be 'Y'. So now I know nothing more than before I was tested. So what does one do? Best two out of three?

Makes me wonder about all of the 'information' published about the number of people that have had the virus. How many of those were 'false positives'?

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
The PCR test method is not the issue, it is that to be sensitive enough for the C virus, it was "amplified" 40 times. The test loses accuracy at counts above 32. So it returned positive results in many cases for other viruses found in the sinuses, like, say, corona viruses (aka common cold), flu, etc.

They also recommend testing folks who have been vaccinated with an amplification of like 28. Manipulating numbers, again...

Kind of explains why the regular flu just disappeared so magically, doesn't it?

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
No. My point is what good is a test at all if they tell you that you can get false positives OR false negatives. It is useless.

So I get tested. I get my result, but they say your result was 'X', but it could be 'Y'. So now I know nothing more than before I was tested. So what does one do? Best two out of three?

Makes me wonder about all of the 'information' published about the number of people that have had the virus. How many of those were 'false positives'?
Hi @samplenhold

There's simply no 100% accurate test in this.

Here's a good video covering the topic:

gwminor48

Known around here
Reaction score

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Last edited:

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
New: Biden Goes Nuclear on Republican Governors Over Healthcare, Singles Out Florida and Texas Govs in Savage Tweet After Slashing Delivery of Lifesaving Covid Treatment to Their States

Newsmax reporter Emerald Robinson confronted Psaki on this and asked her why the Biden Regime is slashing doses of treatments sent to Florida when there is no shortage of supply to begin with.

“The Biden Administration is cutting supplies in red states by 50% – so for example, in Florida, they were expecting to get 70,000 doses this week which they say they need – they’re only getting 30,000 doses,” Emerald Robinson said. “And this is just not for unvaccinated people. In South Florida half the people who are seeking this treatment are fully vaccinated, so why is the Biden Administration cutting these supplies?”

Psaki smirked as she gleefully admitted the Biden Regime’s priority is to be “equitable.”

So, a government-run Covid death panel?

Florida Governor Ron DeSantis released a video statement following Biden’s attack, “I will fight like hell to overcome Biden’s cruel decision to drastically reduce lifesaving monoclonal antibody treatments for Floridians. We’ve seen steep reductions in hospital admissions due to early treatment efforts. It’s wrong to penalize Florida for his partisan bitterness.”

I will fight like hell to overcome Biden’s cruel decision to drastically reduce lifesaving monoclonal antibody treatments for Floridians. We've seen steep reductions in hospital admissions due to early treatment efforts. It’s wrong to penalize Florida for his partisan bitterness. pic.twitter.com/24APj0r50K
— Ron DeSantis (@GovRonDeSantis) September 17, 2021
DeSantis press secretary Christina Pushaw called Biden’s action, “pure evil”, “You are cutting off the supply of lifesaving treatment to Florida, Texas and other states that resist your tyrannical mandates. You are only hurting the everyday people of our states, and it’s all for your political agenda. This is pure evil.”

TVille

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Remember, Florida and Texas STARTED the monoclonal usage push!! They beat up hospitals and told them to provide/use monoclonal treatment. Until then, it was not widely used nor even recommended for most folks. That in itself is sickening! I have known at least five folks who got sick, and I mean sick, not just a few symptoms, and were offered NO treatment. None. Including a 70+ year old sent home twice with O2 levels well below 90%. F'ing absurd.

I recommend you contact your doctor, vaccinated or not, and tell them since it appears that nearly everyone will be getting covid, what treatments will you provide? I did and was assured monolonal would be provided ASAP. While I am very high risk, it only makes sense for anyone to get treatment that is available ASAP!

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
As far as I’m concerned, this marks the day in the timeline when the Nazi Liberal “progressive” Democrats finally and openly turned this into a hot war.

They are literally killing people, American citizens, who disagree with their warped, demented politics.

God help us

Last edited: