Paxvigo EBF810

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Hah, around here (not locally, but the diversified hubs), USPS sucks royally.

Oh, forgot to post this pic. This is the view that made my wife want to keep the 180° Pax in the garage. Nothing has ever happened here, but it's just nice to be able to glance at a tablet or phone to take a look (and it sure as heck beats the view from the older cams). Exposure is 1/250" so obviously no blur with motion...

Paxvigo5.20231120_220504668.230.jpg

Broachoski

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Here is where the Annke's were shipped from.
Ship From

FULFILLMENT OF ET3

1100 CRANBURY SOUTH RIVER RD

MONROE TOWNSHIP, NJ, 088313405, US

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
The Annke is on sale right now for $84.99 vs the Paxvigo on sale for $99.99 so... I have an Annke on order. I'm pretty anal on this stuff so, we'll see if I can detect a difference or if my experience is exactly the same as that of @Broachoski :)

Broachoski

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Are you trying a turret version @ Ssayer? Their pricing makes me feel like a rat in a cheese factory.

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Ok, here's a funny one and I won't name names... I was texted that someone couldn't get the Annke version of this cam working with their nvr because the Annke version of this cam would ONLY work with an Annke nvr. I texted back that these cams were ONVIF and should work with any nvr that supports ONVIF. I was texted back that they had contacted Annke and were assured that it would only work with one of their nvrs (the person I was texting with even sent a pic of the spec sheet to back up what they said). This isn't the first time I've had this type of conversation and I'm an old man and am not going to argue, so my response was simply, "Ok" ...

Broachoski

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
This rabbit hole is too deep for me. When on some of the Aliexpress Annke sites I find no trasparency and they do not respond to questions. There is no "FCD600" in their vocabulary. They use models like I51DW/51DX/I91DW/I91DX/91DX.
They do mention that some will only work with THEIR dvr's
The turret model I recieved from annke.com were 151DX
I found this note on the US annke.com site for the $85 FCD600 product page.
"Compatible with ANNKE latest version NVR: N48PBB-V2, N44PAM, N48PAW-V2, N46PCK-V2, N931BB, N88PCH, N96PBD.
Please confirm if your NVR is the latest version before you purchase this camera."

Mine work very well in Blueiris and on a Dahua NVR5216-16P-4KS2E when connected to the main LAN port via a POE switch.

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I wasn't going to argue the point with the person I was texting, but... Annke doesn't mention that their older nvrs don't support ONVIF. ;)
WAIT! It can't work on that Dahua nvr, I've been assured that it only works with Annke nvrs!!! :p

Also, if the nvr in question only supports their own brand out of the box, you might have to set up a compatible IP on the camera via your computer and then manually enter those numbers into the nvr. I don't even know if the nvr in question supports ONVIF, I'm not standing in front of it.

Once again, I'm too old and too tired to argue (and the past week has overloaded me to start with) with him...

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Ok, I've tested the Annke out exactly the way I tested the Paxvigos out (the same way I test all my cams out when I get them). First, let me make clear that I'm keeping the Annke and at the current $79.99 sale price would have zero problem picking up another. I'm very persnickety when I test, this is only one camera, and in general use probably most people wouldn't notice the difference. My 5 Paxvigos all perform the same as each other the best I can discern.

I'm comparing the two here...
1. Menus are the same and web interface is the same (except one says Paxvigo and the other says Annke).
2. Day vision is the same, digital zoom is a little better on the Pax (duh, it has more pixels).
3. You would think that night vision would be better on the Annke because it has less pixels, but I can't detect a difference. I'm almost wondering if it's having less pixels is because the Annke version has simply scaled out a minor defect in sensor or lens and I question this because... the very bottom left corner doesn't do well with even slow movement in IR mode. There's a lot of ghosting or motion blur there. It's not that big an area and certainly not a deal breaker, but there it is on this one camera. I lose most of it when I drop the exposure down but I refuse to go below 1/250 (that's just me) and there is still a tiny bit there.

Anything else while it's still inside for testing? Oh, don't want to forget... YMMV...

Broachoski

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I ordered a couple Annke 180 deg 6MP from AliExpress since I was very happy with those that came from Annke US. (I do not recommend anyone doing that due to their lack of transparency) It was not worth the $30. savings when considering the time that I wasted.
My original models were (FCD600) 151DX and the AliExpress ones are 151DW.
They fired up and worked well until I added them to Blueiris. I could not get substreams to work so just ran the main stream.

Tonight I was watching a 5 year old video on YouTube about Hikvision operating within Onvif Device Manager and found these tweeks to solve the issue.

Here are the camera web interface settings should anyone need them.

"Security" - "Authentication" RTSP Authentication, change from digest to digest/basic. Do the same for WEB Authentication
"Network" - "Integration Protocol " Check box to "Enable Open Network Video Interface"
Then "Add" user. I did admin, used same camera password and gave administrative rights

Then when did find/inspect in Blueiris it pulled up same as US Ankee and Paxvigo settup and allowed to choose substreams.

Last edited:

jazzy1

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You guys still happy with the Annke and Paxvigo cams? Any deals on these now?

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I'm happy enough that, come summer, I'll probably opt for 2 more. Annke has the better deals, and the cameras are so close in specs that the best deal is all that matters between one and the other. Their cam is currently $89.99 where Paxvigo's is $159.99, so that's pretty much a no-brainer if you're looking to buy right this minute. The best I've seen lately is $79.99 for the Annke. YMMV...

Oh, I currently have 5 Paxvigos and 1 Annke (FWIW)

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Just to put this out there. No doubt due to my postings here and on Slickdeals, Annke offered me a newly launched camera for me to review. I said sure, I love testing out new gear. BUT..... when they got back to me, they wanted me to "help us publish the Paxvigo EBF810 on Slick Deals first" at their $89.99 sale price. IOW, they'll send a newly launched camera for me to review as payment for me hyping their camera sale/deal. Heh, anyone that knows me KNOWS that what they're proposing is a BIG NO-NO for me and I told them as much. Just an FYI...

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Just to put this out there. No doubt due to my postings here and on Slickdeals, Annke offered me a newly launched camera for me to review. I said sure, I love testing out new gear. BUT..... when they got back to me, they wanted me to "help us publish the Paxvigo EBF810 on Slick Deals first" at their $89.99 sale price. IOW, they'll send a newly launched camera for me to review as payment for me hyping their camera sale/deal. Heh, anyone that knows me KNOWS that what they're proposing is a BIG NO-NO for me and I told them as much. Just an FYI...
Thanks @Ssayer

jazzy1

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
so Annke produces the Paxvigo brand as well??