Paxvigo EBF810

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I've not seen anything that would leave me to believe they're related, but what do I know? :p

@GUTEK@

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello.
If anyone was looking for an Annke equivalent of this camera, it exists.
It also has 8mpx, the same sensor, resolution and software version.
It is available on Aliexpress, not in the Annke home store.
The model is I91DX or I91DW depending on the case. You can also find the name FCD800.

Link: I bought this camera last year on sale.

AlexA

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm happy enough that, come summer, I'll probably opt for 2 more. Annke has the better deals, and the cameras are so close in specs that the best deal is all that matters between one and the other. Their cam is currently $89.99 where Paxvigo's is $159.99, so that's pretty much a no-brainer if you're looking to buy right this minute. The best I've seen lately is $79.99 for the Annke. YMMV...

Oh, I currently have 5 Paxvigos and 1 Annke (FWIW)
Have you tried enabling any of the Backlight Settings on the Paxvigo EBF810? As soon as I enable WDR, for example, the video stream stops after 10-20 seconds. I have two cameras exhibiting this behavior.

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Have you tried enabling any of the Backlight Settings on the Paxvigo EBF810? As soon as I enable WDR, for example, the video stream stops after 10-20 seconds. I have two cameras exhibiting this behavior.
I have 8 of these total (both Paxvigo and Annke). I have WDR enabled on all of them. Never had a problem. You have HLC off, correct?

AlexA

n3wb
Reaction score
I have 8 of these total (both Paxvigo and Annke). I have WDR enabled on all of them. Never had a problem. You have HLC off, correct?
Whenever I enable any setting under Backlight Settings, the video stream stops after 10-20 seconds. I've tried enabling them one by one and all together, but the issue persists. I have an ANNKE I91DX. The original firmware was V5.7.10 build 230608, and ANNKE support later sent me a newer version, V5.7.10 build 240426, but the problem remains.

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Whenever I enable any setting under Backlight Settings, the video stream stops after 10-20 seconds. I've tried enabling them one by one and all together, but the issue persists. I have an ANNKE I91DX. The original firmware was V5.7.10 build 230608, and ANNKE support later sent me a newer version, V5.7.10 build 240426, but the problem remains.
I don't know what to tell you then...

AlexA

n3wb
Reaction score
Could you please share your video settings? I suspect that enabling a maximum bitrate higher than 3072 and WDR might be causing video stream to stop.
Thank you!
1724209523708.png

AlexA

n3wb
Reaction score
I don't know what to tell you then...
I believe I've found the issue. As soon as I disabled H.265+, everything returned to normal, and the video stream stopped freezing with WDR enabled. It seems the cameras I received had H.265+ enabled by default.

1724225334407.png

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Looking at your settings, you have a Frame Rate of 6, but an I Frame Interval of 15. FWIW, I use 20/20 (whatever you use, they should be the same). I'm sort of wondering why you have your Max Bitrate so high. 4096 has worked great for me. I've tried it with the Max Bitrate way higher, but it just doesn't seem to make that much of a difference (maybe that's just me, eh?). Whatever, use what works best for you. I just keep playing with settings until I get what works best for me...

@GUTEK@

n3wb
Reaction score
I use the I91DX camera with WDR turned on at 40 and H.265+ enabled. And I have no problems with the image freezing. Firmware V5.7.10 build 240426
1724252013109.png
1724252032232.png

AlexA

n3wb
Reaction score
Looking at your settings, you have a Frame Rate of 6, but an I Frame Interval of 15. FWIW, I use 20/20 (whatever you use, they should be the same). I'm sort of wondering why you have your Max Bitrate so high. 4096 has worked great for me. I've tried it with the Max Bitrate way higher, but it just doesn't seem to make that much of a difference (maybe that's just me, eh?). Whatever, use what works best for you. I just keep playing with settings until I get what works best for me...
I was testing a higher bitrate for experimental purposes. Thank you for the reply

looktall

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
So after umming and ahing for the past year (while finding other things that needed money spent on it more urgently), i finally bit the bullet and bought one of the Annke FCD600 turrents (I didn't think my wife's eyes could roll that far, but now i know).
My specific model is 151DX, bought from Annke in Australia for AUD$140 (free shipping) which is US$95.

The plan is to use it in the backyard (it's currently in test/play mode in my garage), but before i mount it in the backyard i reckon i might test it out on the front yard as well which would see it replacing two existing cameras..
It certainly looks like it will do a reasonable job, but it's a little hard to tell from its position in the garage.

I've not used hik/annke products before so the menu structure took a bit of getting used to, but the basics are all still pretty much the same as any other IP camera.
It's running in onvif mode on a Dahua NVR which was interesting.
I initially set it up using the admin creds and found live view on the nvr was lagging badly by about 5-10 seconds.
I created a second account on the camera with operator level and used that for the onvif connection from the nvr and live view is in sync.
Not sure if that is a normal thing or just some weird coincidence on my part.

I was a little surprised that it didn't have cloud option for firmware updates, and i can't find anything for my specific model on the Annke website.
SADP doesn't seem to offer anything for updating firmware either which I also found a little odd based on my experience with other brand tools.
I did see the firmware linked earlier in this thread though which was newer than the one mine came with.
It installed fine.
I've seen the comments about annke's being bricked by hik firmware so i think i'll just leave that alone.

I'm still figuring out the tuning, but most of that will likely need adjusting anyway once its mounted.
I like the smart lights going from IR to white light when it detects motion.

I'm sure over time i will find the annoyances, but for now, it's looking good.

looktall

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Perhaps, but I would expect the images are joined before the video is sent out from the camera so the only feed that you can access is already merged.

Testomat

n3wb
Reaction score
Could you upload the firmware V5.7.10 build 240426 here ?

AlexA

n3wb
Reaction score

looktall

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Anyone notice with the annke camera the playback and picture pages are not visible in the browser unless you're using ie or edge in ie mode?
You can still get to the pages if you use the url directly in the browser.

I'm also noticing that downloading picture captures doesn't work.
It goes through the motions but then the browser (any browser) is unable to actually download the file.

Video playback worked ok but I don't plan to use the SD card for video captures only photos.

@GUTEK@

n3wb
Reaction score
It works fine for me in every browser.I don't use photos, but downloading files with video recordings works fine. Remember that you need to install the plugin - LocalService.
Example on Firefox:
1725025436389.png

looktall

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Remember that you need to install the plugin - LocalService.
Yeah this seems to have done the trick.
Everything else looked to be working just fine without the plugin so i didn't bother installing it.

EDIT: it doesn't seem to be stupidly slow to navigate now with that plug in installed.

EDIT2: the slowness might just be poor timing.
I'm seeing packet loss on the camera since i moved it to its final mounting position.
I'll have to check the cabling tomorrow.
I don't notice any issues with the video feed though which is odd.

Last edited: