PIR wiring

David87965

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
OK guys. Short and simple. Cameras are fully stable now, No more grainy or auto-revert happening. I got these 2 sensors. Please diagram how to connect to NVR. my NVR has 4 in and 1 out. there is 2 grounds for the input and only 1 ground for the output. Please. I need a diagram i don't want to damage my NVR.

Attachments

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Here's a diagram for you :banghead:
upload_2017-12-7_14-0-38.png

Last edited:

t84a

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Post a picture of the alarm lugs on the back of your NVR. Just wire it like the latest diagram. Do you have a compatible power supply for the sensor?

David87965

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Yep got my own 12v dc adapter and tested the sensor without the nvr and cool 110 db built in siren if i needed it but ill turn that off if used with NVR. Ill keep ya updated when i wire it and get it working. Thanks guys.

David87965

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Yes i supplied the correct voltage and amps, Yes i tightened them properly, I used solid core wire, I used NC configuration on the PIR output, Why is the NVR not letting me add an alarm input or even detect anything.... YES the motion sensor works fine so its not the sensor. I know it is not the damn sensor. Im really starting to hate hikvision to be honest but if it works maybe that would change my mind. Please look at the pictures and find the error.

Attachments

David87965

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Tried NC, NO and Direct Bridge.

Attached picture "Result.png" is what happened to ALL configurations tried.

NVR does not detect any inputs or outputs even after reboots. What now?

Attachments

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The wire you're bridging with looks a little big, but that isn't the issue. I'm not that familiar with Hikvision NVRs, my guess would be either there's a setting you have to change to enable alarm io or something went wrong with a firmware update.

David87965

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
The wire you're bridging with looks a little big, but that isn't the issue.
That wire size was chosen for a reason. Bigger wires create less resistance, heat and less voltage drop over distance AND they dont break on me like thin wire does lmao.

I'm not that familiar with Hikvision NVRs, my guess would be either there's a setting you have to change to enable alarm io or something went wrong with a firmware update.
There is a box that says "Enable Alarm Input handling" which i did enable but other than that i have no idea.

I have Hikvision 7608 NVR so if anyone has working alarm IO with PIR please tell me what i am doing wrong. Thanks

I get e-mailed for replies so please post away if you know the solution even if its months later.

Just hoping its not firmware related.

David87965

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Did you assign a camera to an input number?
It wouldn't let me have an input to begin with. Lol the drop down menu was blank.

ZERO INPUT DETECTED. Sorry but caps is needed. The NVR sees ZERO inputs.

- posted from android mobile.

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Did you update the firmware yourself at some point?

David87965

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
No. Not myself. It came like this from the seller. It is upgradeable but that sounds like a pain at this point in time.

David87965

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
You nailed it. My NVR dont support it. Damn.. thanks everyone for helping. Greatly appreciated.

/thread

marku2

Known around here
Reaction score
Lmfao i envy them alarm inputs.
I’m sorry,but you would think why bother putting a panel on the back if the nvr doesn’t use them can you hook the pir into the camera (if your cameras allow ) alarm in