PIR wiring

dgwasw

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@David87965

I have not read all of this yet.
If it's a DS-7608NI-K2 NVR there is 4 alarms in and one out.
Start by viewing this link for a DS-9616 NVR

Are you using the new GUI 4.0 as I have a DS-7608NI-12 NVR

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Check options on on screen display not just the web interface. Sometimes settings are found one place and not the other.

dgwasw

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@David87965
Have not tested this but for DS-7608NI-12 NVR with 4.0 GU I think the settings are.
1- Storage/ Recording schedule /select alarm type.
2- System /Event/Normal Event/Alarm input/local*
Select NO or NC then set Linkage Action.

Good luck with the wiring.

David87965

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
No offense but if its not for 7608-NIK2 then i wont even bother trying.

dgwasw

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
No offense but if its not for 7608-NI-K2 then i wont even bother trying.
None taken.
Both NVR did have the same firmware.
upload_2017-12-11_20-20-54.png
However I now have Vr 4.0 GUI.
Just follow the steps as detailed in last post for your NVR. They will be in similar positions depending on your firmware.
Good luck.

David87965

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I read these replies but on mobile so i keep it short. Ill read that manual and open the box etc but give me a day for update.

dgwasw

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi David. I understand why you are piss off after two pages of posts.
No need read that manual, just set up your NVR as per the attached files,I have tested this for you. Yes it works.
The screen images are from logging in to the the NVR with IE,your NVR should show the same layout this way.
You will note that I set the alarm contact NC.This way when there is a link between alarm 1 and G there is no recording.
Open that link and the NVR will start recording and only stop when that link is reconnected.

This is very important, when you connect it to the PIR there must be no voltage on that relay contact.If there is you will damage the NVR.
Arming Schedule.JPG Schedule Settings.JPG Linkage Method.JPG

David87965

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Open up your NVR and make sure the cable circled in red is present and connected.
I attached picture of my NVR.

Hi David. I understand why you are piss off after two pages of posts.
No need read that manual, just set up your NVR as per the attached files,I have tested this for you. Yes it works.
The screen images are from logging in to the the NVR with IE,your NVR should show the same layout this way.
You will note that I set the alarm contact NC.This way when there is a link between alarm 1 and G there is no recording.
Open that link and the NVR will start recording and only stop when that link is reconnected.

This is very important, when you connect it to the PIR there must be no voltage on that relay contact.If there is you will damage the NVR.
View attachment 24578 View attachment 24579 View attachment 24580
I measured voltage when the PIR relay triggers on the output and its max voltage was 65mV, is this safe for the NVR inputs? I will try your guide now.

Attachments

dgwasw

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

I measured voltage when the PIR relay triggers on the output and its max voltage was 65mV, is this safe for the NVR inputs? I will try your guide now.
I unable to answer that. If the PIR has a relay with contacts there should be zero voltage.

Edit First get the alarm input working with a wire link.

Edit 2 Your NVR needs to reboot after setting the alarms.

Just opened your picture. If it's not plug in correctly then that's the problem.

Last edited:

David87965

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I unable to answer that. If the PIR has a relay with contacts there should be zero voltage.

Edit First get the alarm input working with a wire link.

Edit 2 Your NVR needs to reboot after setting the alarms.

Just opened your picture. If it's not plug in correctly then that's the problem.
Hmmmm.... ill wait a bit and see if the other guy answers about the plug.

dgwasw

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
If you still unable to set it up ,there's one more setting on mine which can only be access via the NVR.This is to change the alarm input from nonuse to input.This change will reboot the NVR.

David87965

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
im just trying to avoid reboot until the plug is confirmed as OK because when i reboot i have to re-toggle 2 switches in each camera to get my tuned settings for some reason. That means using virtual host and logging etc which is annoying since i do it all week trying to get this alarm panel working

If you still unable to set it up ,there's one more setting on mine which can only be access via the NVR.This is to change the alarm input from nonuse to input.This change will reboot the NVR.

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
As I said I'm not that familiar with Hikvision NVRs, but that connector doesn't look right to me.
Here's a still from a polish youtube video on a similar model that I found. You can see that the top of the connector isn't flush with the top of that circuit board like it is on yours.
upload_2017-12-11_23-41-28.png

Assuming it is connected wrong, a fairly safe assumption IMHO, it's possible that damage could have occurred to components on the main board or the io board. Hopefully that isn't the case, but it is possible.

David87965

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
THANK YOU SO MUCH TANGENT AND DGWASW YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW FURIOUS I BEEN WITH THIS BOX.

ok caps off. but seriously.... thank you guys!!!! i cant express my happiness. speechless.

dgwasw

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The Top marks go to Tangent for the correct answer way back at post 47.