Porch Lamp with PTZ

Reaction score
Greetings all,
I am looking for a Porch Light/Lamp that has a built in PTZ camera that works with BI. I dont want to spend money on a service. Any and all information will be greatly appreciated.

Ciao~
Brad

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Greetings all,
I am looking for a Porch Light/Lamp that has a built in PTZ camera that works with BI. I dont want to spend money on a service. Any and all information will be greatly appreciated.

Ciao~
Brad
Welcome to the forum. Porch lamp with built in ptz camera? not gonna happen. Install a proper camera.

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. Porch lamp with built in ptz camera? not gonna happen. Install a proper camera.
Why is this not going to happen? I have many camera's installed. I am doing new construction. So why wont this happen...would like to hear your opinion.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
I have done something similar in the long past. When I lived in a rental townhouse I couldn't do wiring outdoors and I wanted a porch camera. I purchased outlet bulb adapter and Foscam 3x Ptz. Feed the power from the porch lamp and use wifi for data. Downside was the lamp had to be always on, so I was also considering to buy led bulb with built-in motion pir sensor.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Why is this not going to happen? I have many camera's installed. I am doing new construction. So why wont this happen...would like to hear your opinion.
You said you want a porch light with a built in ptz camera. A device like that does not exist.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You can have a porchlight, and you can have a PTZ, but you cannot have a PTZ Porchlight.. what you are asking for is the equivalent of a vegan steak.. if someone pulls it off its not going to be very good at either: being a steak, or being a vegan meal..

ncwbob

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Re: Porch Lamp/cam with auto tracking

Auto tracking porch light with camera. I was at home depot the other day and walked by this and it lit up followed me as I walked by.

The one at home depot had no cam on it, just the LED lights.

It is probably junk but.... it was also kind of cool.

Reading this thread, figured I'd post a picture so you guys can pass judgment.

81nGIRok+vL._SL1500_.jpg

Amazon link >>
http://www.amazon.com/NightWatcher-Robotic-Security-Light-Camera-LED/dp/B0040720FC
------------------------------------
Here is a youtube video about it.

I was actually thinking it would be good to get the model of this light without the cam and then mount one of these "Super Mini 720P HD IP-Cams" on top of it. Since these cams are tiny, it might work ok and not be too heavy. Then you could actually use it with BI.

Robert

Last edited by a moderator:
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

acvb

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Glad the light shows the burglar where to walk.... wouldn't want him to trip and get hurt.

ncwbob

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Glad the light shows the burglar where to walk.... wouldn't want him to trip and get hurt.
Well, of course... you would not want him [mr. burgler] to trip on your property and sue you?

Proper lighting is your responsibility no matter why a guest is on your property.

Robert

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
That is pretty amazing. Who'd have thought it?

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
- Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio