Pre-trigger needs to be set to 10 sec to get triggered recording

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes I use PTZ all the time. THat way I dont have to have a lot of cameras put on the front of my house.
that is exactly the point...the ptz cannot be looking at more than one area at a time...so you either need to monitor an area or dont...the ptz in your case is not only useless but will result in a missed event guaranteed.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Good point. THat is why I have already suggested to BI folks that they should allow the ability for a camera to know which other camera triggered the group
there are thread explaining how to do this...that will not help solve the issue...your ptz is useless....see above...

Rick Rick

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
that is exactly the point...the ptz cannot be looking at more than one area at a time...so you either need to monitor an area or dont...the ptz in your case is not only useless but will result in a missed event guaranteed.
I scheduled the camera to monitor different areas depending on what time of day it is.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I scheduled the camera to monitor different areas depending on what time of day it is.
do you have some sort of special knowledge as to where an event will occur based on time of day?

Rick Rick

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
there are thread explaining how to do this...that will not help solve the issue...your ptz is useless....see above...
do you have some sort of special knowledge as to where an event will occur based on time of day?
Yes. And there some areas that I can not use motion detection based on the time of day.

Rick Rick

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
This thread is getting off the subject somewhat. Does anyone have any suggestions/experience at reducing pre-trigger time that has not been mentioned here?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes. And there some areas that I can not use motion detection based on the time of day.
No! you are not that good a psychic...
the second part of your comment makes no sense.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
This thread is getting off the subject somewhat. Does anyone have any suggestions/experience at reducing pre-trigger time that has not been mentioned here?
you have set something incorrectly...or you camera is not providing proper iframes despite its settings...you still have not posted a video if this motion that is not triggering the camera...lower the contrast further.

Rick Rick

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
junk hardware, junk firmware...=junk camera...sold to suckers on amazon..
Yeah, you were right about that. I had lots of problems. THey sent a replacement and still problems. I returned the replacement and kept one that I bought for 1/2 price. I bought a Dahua like you recommended and it works fine.