Problem with Blueiris, Extreme CPU usage

Cor

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have exactly the same problem all is ok with 20-30% CPU , slowly my CPU goes to 100%. Brand new I7-7700 , 16 GB ram.

Can someone tell me how I update , or downgrade these drivers?
WIndows10 >> update device drivers >> ??display drivers??

Now it says on mine intel (r) HD graphics 630 What now? de-install them , download drivers from the intel website or asus ( motherboard ) website?

Thanks,
Cor

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I have exactly the same problem all is ok with 20-30% CPU , slowly my CPU goes to 100%. Brand new I7-7700 , 16 GB ram.

Can someone tell me how I update , or downgrade these drivers?
WIndows10 >> update device drivers >> ??display drivers??

Now it says on mine intel (r) HD graphics 630 What now? de-install them , download drivers from the intel website or asus ( motherboard ) website?

Thanks,
Cor
There are a bunch of threads that discuss proper drives as well as how to update them particularly if you have oem version of windows that blocks drivers direct from intel..

Cor

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Ah, ok.... thanks.
All new stuff for me :-s

I will search for these threads...

Thanks,
Cor

Cor

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have updated the driver with an the latest driver from intel. But still te same problem .

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Cor

Rockford622

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Don't use the latest driver. The latest driver caused my issue in the first place. I ended up using the original driver that ships with the Windows 10 Pro CD and that solved my problem. If you look at my post above, I have the driver version listed that solved my problem.

Cor

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Ah, I see.

I can only Download from the intel website the latest 3 drivers.

You have any idea where I can download them?

Thanks,
Cor

Cor

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
YES!!!! , I installed the third last one , and that one worked.
Overnight the Computer staued at 30% .

Many thanks for your help guys!
Cor

daniellib

n3wb
Reaction score
YES!!!! , I installed the third last one , and that one worked.
Overnight the Computer staued at 30% .

Many thanks for your help guys!
Cor
Can you post your entire setup please? Cameras, frame rate, codec, processor?

I wouldn't mine comparing it to mine,

Thanks mate

Duc998

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks guys I'm going to give this a try. I just setup a new system with i7 7700 and my cpu usage for 5 hiks would start at around 15% but would slowly climb to 50% after a few hours. My previous i7 6700 had no issues and never climbed over 15%. So it has to be the video driver.

Reaction score
Fenderman thank you! I believe that was it.
I updated my Intel Video Driver and the CPU useage returned to the levels I was seeing before they (recently) spiked to near-100%.I went to the driver update in Windows, and it reported it was the latest, however I searched Intel and there were later Intel drivers(higher version numbers), so I grabbed the latest, rather than reverting to an older one as you had suggested above for Daniel. And after reboot the CPU was no longer spiked at 100%, it was hovering around 75%

I changed MANY settings testing CPU on each one, and one thing of note: I saw a DRAMATIC change in CPU useage if you go to BI Options:Cameras there is an option to "Limit live preview rate (does not affect recording)" that was previously unchecked (unset).

I set this, and my CPU useage dropped significantly...I set it to MAX at 5-FPS, and CPU is now 28-30%, if I set this to "10-FPS" CPU useage immediately goes to 65%-70%, and you get the trend....at 5-FPS I don't notice a thing "wrong" with the preview of any of my (4) 4MP cams...it is not what I would have thought ("static" or "pixelated" views) it views perfectly fine and now with the 28-35% CPU useage I feel I am able to add the next 2 cameras that I was intending to, before I hit this !00% CPU threshold.

Thanks for the information and discussion y'all!
Each and every one of the above options that were mentioned above, I tried, and it helped to read that similar folks were having similar problems.

Much appreciated.

BTW I am running this ALL on:
Asus mini PC
Windows 10
Blue Iris Release 4.8.3.0 x64
Intel 1.7GHz 2 Core CPU
Intel HD 4400 Video Display Adapter (Driver: 8/16/2018 ver. 20.19.15.5058)
16GB Ram
250GB SSD drive
4 - 4MP Cameras of various brands and styles (bullet/dome) - intending to get 6 cams online when done.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Fenderman thank you! I believe that was it.
I updated my Intel Video Driver and the CPU useage returned to the levels I was seeing before they (recently) spiked to near-100%.I went to the driver update in Windows, and it reported it was the latest, however I searched Intel and there were later Intel drivers(higher version numbers), so I grabbed the latest, rather than reverting to an older one as you had suggested above for Daniel. And after reboot the CPU was no longer spiked at 100%, it was hovering around 75%

I changed MANY settings testing CPU on each one, and one thing of note: I saw a DRAMATIC change in CPU useage if you go to BI Options:Cameras there is an option to "Limit live preview rate (does not affect recording)" that was previously unchecked (unset).

I set this, and my CPU useage dropped significantly...I set it to MAX at 5-FPS, and CPU is now 28-30%, if I set this to "10-FPS" CPU useage immediately goes to 65%-70%, and you get the trend....at 5-FPS I don't notice a thing "wrong" with the preview of any of my (4) 4MP cams...it is not what I would have thought ("static" or "pixelated" views) it views perfectly fine and now with the 28-35% CPU useage I feel I am able to add the next 2 cameras that I was intending to, before I hit this !00% CPU threshold.

Thanks for the information and discussion y'all!
Each and every one of the above options that were mentioned above, I tried, and it helped to read that similar folks were having similar problems.

Much appreciated.

BTW I am running this ALL on:
Asus mini PC
Windows 10
Blue Iris Release 4.8.3.0 x64
Intel 1.7GHz 2 Core CPU
Intel HD 4400 Video Display Adapter (Driver: 8/16/2018 ver. 20.19.15.5058)
16GB Ram
250GB SSD drive
4 - 4MP Cameras of various brands and styles (bullet/dome) - intending to get 6 cams online when done.
Also ensure that your recording it set to direct to disk,not reencode