Problems configuring Reolink 823-A with BI5

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
The second CAT cable will carry power if plugged into a PoE switch and the splitter will provide the 12VDC necessary for the microphone.

Michael James

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
So I dont need to actually download the Dahua Config tool?

Questions:
1. Can you use Windows 11 and use Edge in IE 11 mode?
2. I have 2 laptops: 1 is acting as the BI5 Server running Windows 10 and the other is the Windows 11 laptop I use every day. I can remote into the Windows 10 BI Server using Teamviewer. The BI5 Server already has IE11 installed. The Windows 11 laptop doesnt have IE11 installed and I guess its being block by the operating system from what I am reading. The best Windows 11 offers is running Edge in IE 11 mode. How to enable Internet Explorer on Windows 11 (windowsreport.com) . Will that work?
3. Range is 5-247 for client IP Addresses being assigned by the router. Right now 192.168.1.108 is not being used. Do I need to make the above changes?
4. Dahua's Config Tool: When you install it on Windows 10 or Windows 11 on either of my laptops, its really small and difficult to read. I have 4k/UHD screens on both .. How can I make it larger? I found the .exe file and was playing with compatability modes, running it as administrator and cant really get it to change size? Last time I worked with a Dahua camera on my houseboat, I used that tool. Not sure if I need to configure motion tracking with this camera or I can do it some other way. I also had a problem the last time that the IP address was not showing int he router.. that was on a different Asus router

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
The browser of choice is IE, Internet Explorer, bare bones edition available in Win10. With Win11 you're on your own but can try Pale Moon 32bit if it'll run on Win11. To me the best way to view and manipulate a Dahua camera, without Blue Iris, is the web GUI of the camera.

As an aside, running BI on a laptop isn't a good idea. Laptop processors throttle with heat and BI can be pretty processor intensive depending on camera load, sub stream use, resolutions and bit rate.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
UI3 will work with any modern browser, Chrome or Chrome based.

Dahua cameras can be particular about what browser is used and do seem to "like" IE. There have been multiple people who have encountered problems with Win11 and Dahua and most have been able to get around those problems with Pale Moon 32bit. As with everything YMMV.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You do not need the Dahua config tool - I have never used and most here haven't either and do it the way I mentioned in Post #11 above.

This camera more than any needs Internet Explorer. The track time will default to 15 seconds with any other browser regardless of what number you put in. It have been tested time and time again with many new people here and IE is the only one that will stick.

I will caveat that with nobody has tried it with Win11 yet, so I guess you will be the first to see if that somehow makes a difference.

Michael James

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Stupid question but what is "track time" in the Dahua world? is that how long the camera stays tracking a person, object or car?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yes, that is how long it tracks something. For most 15 seconds isn't long enough. Some of my tracks are 2 or 3 minutes.

Michael James

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
So can I configure everything else with another browser but will only need IE for setting the track time?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
From my experience that is the one thing that won't hold in another browser. Pale Moon should let you see everything else.

Michael James

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Well... I'm going to try Pale Moon 32 bit under Windows 11. Lets hope it works. Will configure next week as camera arrives over the weekend.
Does anyone have the Blue Iris 5 Network IP camera configuration settings for the Loryta Outdoor 4MP Starlight SD49425XB-HNR?

Michael James

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Lots of confusion here on initial setup:
1) Am I plugging the camera (via POE+) into the router? or the laptop that has BI5 installed on it (Asus Windows 10 running IE)? Or the laptop that I use every day that is on the same network (Dell XPS 15 Windows 11 running Pale Moon 32)? I have always configured cameras thru my router..so Im confused
2) On which laptop am I changing any of the TCP/IPv4 IP addresses on?
3) The directions from Amazon product page shows changing to 192.168.0.10 and Gateway of 192.168.0.254. or wittaj stated changing to 192.168.1.100?

help!

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
1) Am I plugging the camera (via POE+) into the router? or the laptop that has BI5 installed on it (Asus Windows 10 running IE)? Or the laptop that I use every day that is on the same network (Dell XPS 15 Windows 11 running Pale Moon 32)? I have always configured cameras thru my router..so Im confused
2) On which laptop am I changing any of the TCP/IPv4 IP addresses on?
3) The directions from Amazon product page shows changing to 192.168.0.10 and Gateway of 192.168.0.254. or wittaj stated changing to 192.168.1.100?

help!
Initially, you want this completely off your internet, so follow the directions I gave. The Amazon product page is probably someone that those were their IP address ranges.

Plug the ethernet port that provides power to the PTZ and the other port then to the laptop or computer that you are initially using to setup the IP address.

Do you have your cameras isolated from the internet by either a dual NIC in your BI computer or VLAN?

Michael James

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
1) Am I plugging the camera (via POE+) into the router? or the laptop that has BI5 installed on it (Windows 10 running IE)? Or the laptop that I use every day that is on the same network (Windows 11 running Pale Moon 32)? I have always configured cameras thru my router..so Im confused
2) On which laptop am I changing any of the TCP/IPv4 IP addresses on? The directions from Amazon product page shows 192.168.0.10 and Gateway of 192.168.0.254. or wittaj stated changing to
Initially, you want this completely off your internet, so follow the directions I gave. The Amazon product page is probably someone that those were their IP address ranges.

Plug the ethernet port that provides power to the PTZ and the other port then to the laptop or computer that you are initially using to setup the IP address.

Do you have your cameras isolated from the internet by either a dual NIC in your BI computer or VLAN?
1. So its PTZ to POE+ power adapter to Dell's Ethernet port.. On the Dell ethernet port, change the IP address as you have indicated. right?
2. I am not using a dual NIC or VLAN, which I know is not recommended.
3. You mention initially this will keep it off my internet. How do I get back on my internet? I'm confused.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
If you insist on using a laptop, buy a USB ethernet adapter and use that for your second NIC. Not the best solution but a viable one.

Michael James

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
What happens if I plug the PTZ/POE+ directly into the router? If I enter into my browser the default IP address of the camera, 192.168.1.108, will I be able to access the cameras menu?
If I then unplug it and change to my primary mounting location, will the IP address change?

Michael James

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
If you insist on using a laptop, buy a USB ethernet adapter and use that for your second NIC. Not the best solution but a viable one.
I am using a USB ethernet adapter on the laptop running BI5 with ethernet going to router