Problems configuring Reolink 823-A with BI5

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Awesome!

Keep those packs in there - they are to help for keeping it dry do to moisture.

Michael James

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Is there a video that shows you how to setup tracking? I am following the instructions on the camera page here:
AmazonSmile : Loryta Outdoor 4MP Starlight 25X Optical Zoom IR PTZ Smart AI IP Camera Support Auto-Tracking, PoE+ ,Perimeter Protection ,Face Detection,Smart Capture SD49425XB-HNR : Electronics

But when I click on draw rule.. I try to create a box to show the area I want the camera to scan in. Or is that not what I am supposed to do here? Then I try to just draw a straight line..that doesnt work. Keep getting error message saying "please draw now"

Also, I really want a larger are for the camera to scan.. for example, a person walking out the front door and goes to the street (which you cant see here)..how do I tell the camera to track that person from door to mailbox?

Attachments

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You are on a tripwire.

Use intrusion box if you want a box.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Depends on your field of view. Consider someone going from left to right or right to left for the extent that the PTZ swings and then use that.

I go with 300 because as soon as the object stops or moves out of view, then it resets to the original spot.

Michael James

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I dont want a delay to record. Why under record does it force you to wait a minimum of 10 seconds?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
That is just bad English translation LOL. That is how long you want it to record after motion occurs.

Michael James

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
So Alarm track should be 300 sec and Record delay should be 300 sec? Most of my events are 4-5 minutes

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
H264 no H or anything else

15 FPS
15 iframes
8192 bitrate

Match H264 and 15 FPS/iframes for substream also.

This is a powerful camera though and you are running your cameras thru your router.

You may have to end up isolating them from the router (which you should do anyway).

Cameras connected to Wifi routers are problematic for surveillance cameras because they are always streaming and passing data. And the data demands go up with motion and then you lose signal. A lost packet and it has to resend. It can bring the whole network down if trying to send cameras through a wifi router. At the very least it can slow down your system. And then any distance will slow the speed even more.

Unlike Netflix and other streaming services that buffer a movie, these cameras do not buffer up part of the video, so drop outs are frequent. You would be amazed how much streaming services buffer - don't believe me, start watching something and unplug your router and watch how much longer you can watch NetFlix before it freezes - mine goes 45 seconds. Now do the same with a wifi camera and it is fairly instantaneous (within the latency of the stream itself)...

The same issue applies even with the hard-wired cameras trying to send all this non-buffer video stream through a router. Most consumer grade wifi routers are not designed to pass the constant video stream data of cameras, and since they do not buffer, you get these issues. The consumer routers are just not designed for this kind of traffic, even a GB speed router.

Michael James

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
What resolution on main ? Resolution on substream? What bit rate on substream?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
What you have for resolution is fine for both

Michael James

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Do these settings look right? Im throwing in Blue Iris setting too. Right now, I am missing about the first 5-10 seconds when I come out the front door when viewing thru BI5.. Not sure why

Attachments

Last edited:

Michael James

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
also, I am looking for a camera that would be wired and sits on a table. Need 2 way mic built in, IR support for day and night. Something that plays well with BI5

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
A few observations.

Don't use object detection in BI, use motion detection zones.

Cut the size of your intrusion box in IVS. The camera needs to see something enter and exit the box to be most effective. The right side is tight to the right side of the frame and the left side includes the front door. Getting it smaller will let the camera see something definitively enter the intrusion box.

For an indoor, table top camera either of these two are decent, but two way audio can be problematic with any camera and may take some fiddling around. I think the Amcrest is now also in 4MP, but could be wrong about that -

Dahua 4MP cube camera

2MP Amcrest PT

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

Michael James

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
A few observations.

Cut the size of your intrusion box in IVS. The camera needs to see something enter and exit the box to be most effective. The right side is tight to the right side of the frame and the left side includes the front door. Getting it smaller will let the camera see something definitively enter the intrusion box.

For an indoor, table top camera either of these two are decent, but two way audio can be problematic with any camera and may take some fiddling around. I think the Amcrest is now also in 4MP, but could be wrong about that -

Dahua 4MP cube camera

2MP Amcrest PT
Thx for your help. But I dont know what specifically I need to change here? What specific changes do I need to make "Don't use object detection in BI, use motion detection zones."

Attachments

Michael James

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

Not sure how making this smaller will all BI5 to capture me as soon as I come out the front door? I want BI5 to capture me as soon as I walk out.

Michael James

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
A few observations.

Dahua 4MP cube camera

2MP Amcrest PT
Is the attached pic what you mean by reducing the size?

Attachments

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You need to turn off object detection in BI - you have it set to the object has to move 100 pixels and resets after 67%. That is why it is missing you coming out the door. And once the PTZ engages, BI will stop recording because in tracking the whole image is moving so it will be larger than 67%

1644848603137.png

Reduce the make time to like 0.5 seconds.

Increase pretrigger to 10 seconds to ensure you get some recording as you walk out the door.

You should use the substreams to help bring the CPU down. This would then allow you to record 24/7 by switching it to continuous + triggered. It will then record the low substream until triggered then move to Mainstream.