Problems connecting intercom system to the Hik-Connect mobile app

Peter

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hello, have you tried iVMS-4520 or Hik-Connect which are similar softwares as iVMS-4500 but has some kind of intercom interface.
I think cameras can be added to iVMS-4520 also.
I am also about to buy this DS-KV8102-IP/VP intercom outdoor unit.
According to Tech support EU VP-version does not have IR-cut filter and none of them has WDR which is odd???.
The video/Power distribution unit is not required if you supply the intercom outdoor unit with 12V separately.
I am still waiting for an answer what I can use the built-in RS485 port for on the DS-KV8102-IP/VP.
Another thing is that it would be nice to use the call button as an open-gate button at daytime and during night
it would work as a regular call button.
Engineers are looking into this and might implement some kind of scheduled function so we can set time about the call buttons function.
cheers

Peter

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
A sidenote, what would be the purpose of the indoorstation? - I can not bring it with me when doing daily tasks if someone chimes the bell but the phone is always in the pocket.

mgomespt

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi @Peter,

I've tried ivms-4520, Hik-Connect (the problem with this app is my main focus on this thread), and every other Hikvision-braded app in the iOS app store without success. Hikvision overseas support and my hikvision dealer both don't seem to be able to help either.

Regarding powering both the indoor and door stations, you can use a generic passive 24V 0.5A POE adapter instead of the rather expensive Hikvision AV/power distributor (I'm using a couple of substantially cheaper Ubiquiti 24V POE adapters without issues).

I can confirm that the door station camera provides very little video customization (IR lighting is always used in low light scenarios, and no WDR as found regularly in other Hikvision camera products).

I'd be very surprised if you could get the sort of scheduled functionality out of the intercom system, as the options provided on either configuration UI is extremely limited. The only remotely similar function is the ability to schedule a "no disturb" period for the indoor station, during which I assume calls will be silently ignored (haven't tested this yet).

Regarding the need for the indoor station: I asked the same question (didn't get a clear answer about this topic from either Hikvision Support or my dealer). On one of the abundant "typical application" diagrams shown on the different Hikvision pdf documents available online (it's so rare that I couldn't find it now...I thought I had saved it before but I clearly didn't), you can see that the mobile app connects to the indoor station. A port scan on the indoor station shows that TCP ports 9010 and 9020 are listening. According to this pdf, these are respectively "Ezviz Command Port" and "Ezviz Live View Port", which seem to suggest that the indoor station is your gateway into the intercom from within EZVIZ/Hik-Connect, the door station doesn't have any of these ports listening...but these are my observations without proper backing of any documentation so take them with a grain of salt. So it seems like Hikvision enforces the usage of this indoor station (which is clunky/slow and looks rather outdated imho) in their intercom system. Other competitors such as doorbird/ring and such offer the ability to skip the indoor station altogether, which makes good sense to me.

I'm definitely returning both the indoor and door stations and exchanging them with Dahua's system. My advice is for you to steer away from this as it is very clearly an unfinished product line, at least in its "overseas" flavour...as probably this all works neatly in China where Hikvision's R&D focus is on.

In retrospect, I think I should have been more suspicious about the lack of reports on the mobile application integration...

Don't get me wrong: I think that both the indoor and door stations have a very solid physical look and feel - they do look "upscale" - (although I'm not happy with the innards of the indoor station, which seems to use limited computing resources judging from the UI sluggish responsiveness and also the poor speaker quality) it's just a shame that the software side of things hasn't yet picked up the pace.

Peter

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Ok so iVMS-4520 and hik connect is the same thing didnt realize
Aha I thought they used 12V as their cameras do.
I too found some various passive poe extractors like one with 2 rj45 connectors and a Little built-in step-down converter module to 12V and 5V output - perfect to fit in a little junction box beside a camera:)
I am still trying to find a little passive converter that uses all 4 pairs and supports gigabit, the one I found supports gigabit but only 2 pairs.
Passive poe is the shit really - Active poe is junk in my opinion since most switches etc can not even transfer full Power at the same time and only -at for the most expensive.
With passive poe 100W is no problem at all:)
Its a shame laptops doesnt have built-in poe extraction really since most laptop chargers are 90W or under, an AWG24-23 would have no problem supplying this.
Strange because UK support said that Indoor station is NOT required at least for the DS-KV8102-IP/VP outdoor villa stations which makes sense really but I havent tested it yet.
I thought you could just "add device" or something in iVMS-4520 and add your outdoor station and then its done!
I Think I will wait for new version with full hardware WDR exmor-r sensor etc before buying :)
Always when I buy from ali or ebay I ask the seller to take a Picture of the label on the device to confirm its a real device and
check serials etc..

pilscoop

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I have an update.
I have contacted directly with Hikvision support (I work for a Hikvision authorized dealer in Venezuela) and got the following answer:

"Thanks for your email in terms of the registration of the Video Intercom models to Hik-connect.
Actually the APP is only for Hikvision baseline CCTV products, and that is why you can not add them to the account."

I asked when the app will support the Video intercom System integration.
I'll let you guys know when I get a reply.

mgomespt

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I have an update.
I have contacted directly with Hikvision support (I work for a Hikvision authorized dealer in Venezuela) and got the following answer:

"Thanks for your email in terms of the registration of the Video Intercom models to Hik-connect.
Actually the APP is only for Hikvision baseline CCTV products, and that is why you can not add them to the account."

I asked when the app will support the Video intercom System integration.
I'll let you guys know when I get a reply.
Cheers @pilscoop, thanks for the update, this does clarify a few things! :)

mgomespt

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Ok so iVMS-4520 and hik connect is the same thing didnt realize
Aha I thought they used 12V as their cameras do.
I too found some various passive poe extractors like one with 2 rj45 connectors and a Little built-in step-down converter module to 12V and 5V output - perfect to fit in a little junction box beside a camera:)
I am still trying to find a little passive converter that uses all 4 pairs and supports gigabit, the one I found supports gigabit but only 2 pairs.
Passive poe is the shit really - Active poe is junk in my opinion since most switches etc can not even transfer full Power at the same time and only -at for the most expensive.
With passive poe 100W is no problem at all:)
Its a shame laptops doesnt have built-in poe extraction really since most laptop chargers are 90W or under, an AWG24-23 would have no problem supplying this.
Strange because UK support said that Indoor station is NOT required at least for the DS-KV8102-IP/VP outdoor villa stations which makes sense really but I havent tested it yet.
I thought you could just "add device" or something in iVMS-4520 and add your outdoor station and then its done!
I Think I will wait for new version with full hardware WDR exmor-r sensor etc before buying :)
Always when I buy from ali or ebay I ask the seller to take a Picture of the label on the device to confirm its a real device and
check serials etc..
Well, I've got 5 chinese Hikvision dome cameras (DS-2CD3145F-I) and they all either take DC12V (through one generic cylindrical DC Plug) or 48V passive POE (that's how I'm powering them, using an Alfa APOE08_Lite passive POE injector). Both intercom station do accept the same 12V DC (or alternatively a 24V flavour of POE...this complicated things for me a bit since I've got a few unused 48V POE ports in my injector that I'd be glad to use...but clearly couldn't with this intercom).

Regarding hik-connect and ivms-4520, sorry I must have confused you earlier: I didn't mean they were the same thing...I don't really know what ivms-4520 is about, it seems to be able to interact with a home security line of products (such as the intercom), as it provides arming/disarming type of functionalities...but it complains just the same way ivms-4500 does when adding either intercom stations...mind you that the intercom indoor station UI is visually similar to the ivms-4520 landing page, and the indoor station provides for physical interaction with home alarm sensors and actuators through a bunch of pins in the back...the touchscreen UI of the indoor station also provides options for arming/disarming/viewing an alarm event history and such "security minded" functionalities...but with no clear documentation around it one is left to wonder what the hell the ivms-4520 app is used for.

Hik-Connect's purpose on the other hand seems a bit clearer to me: It is only supported by small subset of newer hikvision products and it's used for TCP hole punching purposes through EZVIZ cloud services...I guess it is targeted at non-technical users which can't be bothered by uPNP, port forwarding, VPNs, NAT and such...and still want to be able to pair their cameras with their smartphones without fuss (HAH...my experience with Hik-Connect and their ip intercom tells a different story).

Like you @Peter, I thought that since Hikvision got their stuff done so right with ivms-4500 and their ip cameras, that setting up this intercom should be a breeze...just a new device on your ivms device list...I hope this thread helped debunk that misconception without shedding hours and hard currency from you like it did from me :)

Last edited:

pilscoop

n3wb
Reaction score
Hey everyone,
I got a reply from Hikvision:

"Sorry for the late reply in terms of the app for video intercom stations.
I have turned to the enginners, and we are are in the testing period for the indoor station. We will keep you notified if more progress."

We'll have to wail a little longer. I'll keep you posted on any progress.

mgomespt

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hey everyone,
I got a reply from Hikvision:

"Sorry for the late reply in terms of the app for video intercom stations.
I have turned to the enginners, and we are are in the testing period for the indoor station. We will keep you notified if more progress."

We'll have to wail a little longer. I'll keep you posted on any progress.
that's reassuring :) so marketing flyers go first so people can buy our unfinished stuff...then we'll worry about making it work :p

Egidijus

n3wb
Reaction score
Never heard of BK Grupé in Lithuania, but a quick look up on their catalog shows that all the products they are selling are the chinese models, so there is your answer; that product is not for global market.
BK Group
BK Group

You are dealing with an unfinished product, and basically on your own in terms of support.
Hello, BK Grupė selling products for global market, in page just write manufacturer country like example China.
About Hik-connect. In Hik-connect need add only indoor station(this function now working only with indoor station which support Wi-Fi). So indoor station must be connected via LAN cable and via Wi-fi :) But it working with v1.4.0 build160831 firmware. In future will work on others indoor station(which not support wi-fi. So if anyone have indoor station with wi-fi, you can try it. must work. For me working.

pilscoop

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I got another reply:

"Thanks for your email.
Actually today I discussed with the engineer, and we learnt that now we can already support the indoor stations, even if we do not announce it.
Thank you!"

They also sent me the user manuals for the Hik-connect app, here are the links:
Android
iOS

I'm gonna test this soon and let you know how it goes.

mgomespt

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Just to close the loop regarding my case:

Yesterday I received my Dahua Intercom replacement on the mail (the folks at Megateh.eu were kind enough to accept that I exchange the unfit for purpose Hikvision intercom system with a Dahua one).

I thought I'd share my initial impressions with the added perspective of having struggled for two weeks with Hikvision's intercom system, which eventually ended with me giving up and returning the Hikvision intercom to the supplier, exchanging it with Dahua's similar intercom system product line:

- Physically: Dahua's intercom product line offers a few more options in terms of interchangeable hardware pieces for the indoor and door stations, I went with VTO2000A and VTH1560BW. Finish-wise, both the indoor and door stations from Dahua look very polished, although I'd favour a bit more the looks of the Hikvision intercom as it looked a bit more sturdy (the Hikvision outdoor station has a thick brushed aluminium faceplate which reassuringly feels very solid...I liked that) . It may be that I'm nitpicking since there's nothing in Dahua that screams "flimsy" in any way, in comparison I think that Dahua's outdoor station uses a slightly thinner faceplace made out of what seems to be stainless steel. I live within the shoreline next to the Atlantic ocean, so I'm a bit worried about any "stainless steel" claims coming from a chinese brand...time will tell I guess.
Another important bit is the camera: the Dahua camera is only 480p (Hikvision's was 720p, providing a noticeably sharper image), and it seems to have mediocre, albeit usable, low-light performance. The hikvision camera used in the outdoor station in comparison was much more competent in low-light scenarios.

- Software-wise: Dahua's intercom system is miles ahead of Hikvision: the indoor station software feels responsive (the responsiveness Android/iOS has used me to in recent years, as opposed to Hikvision which reminded me of crappy pre-iOS Symbian OS) and there is a lot less clutter around the UI when compared with Hikvision...also it just took me a couple of hours to connect the intercom system to the iOS app by direct ip connection (P2P and Cloud are other options which I'd rather not use for security concerns...but they're there for ease of use)...compared with Hikvision where I spent two friggin weeks doing packet captures, browsing on forums and contacting all sorts of hikvision support mailboxes without success!
Dahua calling function (when a visitor presses the outdoor station calling button) has a nice feature not found in Hikvision: if the "call" is not answered within a configurable amount of time, the visitor is presented with a voice message telling him/her to leave a message, similarly to what is commonly known as "voicemail"...so a "video voicemail" is saved on the indoor station for later review. The mobile app doesn't seem to have access to these recordings which is a bit of a shame...regardless this is a nice addition.

I'll keep the Dahua intercom since its advantages over Hikvision's system far outweight the negatives...In the future when Hikvision irons the kinks in its software this may become a viable option...just not now.

Last edited:

Securame

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I'll keep the Dahua intercom since its advantages over Hikvision's system far outweight the negatives...
If it works, that is one good advantage :)
Hikvision intercom systems are not finished yet, I hope they will be good when they officially start selling them.

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I get that, but the hik-connect app only seems to support "the cloud"....the ivms 4500 mobile app doesn't support either the indoor or the outdoor intercom unit (I've got an openvpn gateway at home and use it to access my hikvision dome cameras all the time, I don't even have a default gateway set on those cameras...so no weirdos in china will ever look at those). I'd love to get rid of the cloud altogether for this intercom system, please do add valuable info on how to achieve that if you can :)
IVMS-4530

usm

n3wb
Reaction score
But it working with v1.4.0 build160831 firmware. In future will work on others indoor station(which not support wi-fi. So if anyone have indoor station with wi-fi, you can try it. must work. For me working.
yes, that's correct
I tested it on the intercom without wi-fi (DS-KH8300-T) and on the intercom with wi-fi (DS-KH8301-WT).
DS-KH8300-T i received with firmware v1.3.0 build 160223, tried to add it to the app Hik-connect but failed: times out at the first step "connect to the network".
Support offered me to update the firmware and sent v1.4.0 build 160831. After the firmware update the situation has become such as described at the beginning of this topic.
DS-KH8301-WT i received with firmware v1.4.0 build 160831. This intercom i added in the app without any problems

TaxExempt

n3wb
Reaction score
Praying that this stuff might come to the US market some day. It seems like Europe is way ahead of the US as far as doorphones and VOIP in general. I would love to have that plastic doorphone on the front of my house integrated right into my Hikvision system.

Carcus

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
As the main selling point (for me) of an IP intercom system is so that it offers the ability for me to answer the door when I'm not home using my smartphone, I'm considering returning this Hikvision intercom (clearly this being not just a case of poor documentation, rather than poor integration with Hikvision overseas mobile app ecosystem) and getting a Dahua intercom instead (damn you Hikvision and your lack of marketing honesty). There's solid evidence of Dahua having their intercom system neatly integrated with a mobile app as shown on this video:

I brought this topic with my hikvision dealer and he seemed receptive to this option since he's also a Dahua representative, I'll explore this next week.

Hopefully this post will help more people (in the western world at least, probably this is a finished product in the chinese market) to stay away from Hikvision's intercom family of products until they integrate this properly with their mobile app ecosystem.

I have used the Dahua intercom it works well. Talks to the mobile app. Gate release.

Must have decent upload 1mpbs at least I found that users with ADSL experience choppy video.

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
yes, that's correct
I tested it on the intercom without wi-fi (DS-KH8300-T) and on the intercom with wi-fi (DS-KH8301-WT).
DS-KH8300-T i received with firmware v1.3.0 build 160223, tried to add it to the app Hik-connect but failed: times out at the first step "connect to the network".
Support offered me to update the firmware and sent v1.4.0 build 160831. After the firmware update the situation has become such as described at the beginning of this topic.
DS-KH8301-WT i received with firmware v1.4.0 build 160831. This intercom i added in the app without any problems
Connect to HIK-CONNECT, which is based on WIFI. -WT has this feature.