Problems generating new password

Ironside69

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I am trying to generate a new password. However, it's not working. Here is a screenshot.

1614017819776.png

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
I'm not an NVR expert, but think you need to assign password to a user. Have you clicked on "Get User List"?

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Anyway, I don't see anywhere on that screenshot to ADD A NEW USER. Either you need to click in that USERS box, or there is some other spot to add a new user. I say that because the screenshot you're showing is to reset a password.

Ironside69

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Christ!!! Dealing with HikVision is like standing in front of a brick wall and constantly bashing your head on it. I honestly cannot understand why it's so difficult for them to return an email with an XMLL file so I can reset the password. They've done it three times already over the last few days. They really are the bloody worst company I've had to deal with for a long time. Camsecure Are coming a very close second at the moment. I don't know what is with these companies. They just don't seem interested in helping you.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
As I mentioned to you in your other thread, we are not their intended or target audience. You are fortunate they even respond at all to you...

If you were a professional installer and installed 10,000 of these a year, they would respond...

Buy a Ring or Arlo or Sunba and customer service will be responsive to you because for what they sell, you are their target audience...

Ironside69

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
As I mentioned to you in your other thread, we are not their intended or target audience. You are fortunate they even respond at all to you...

If you were a professional installer and installed 10,000 of these a year, they would respond...

Buy a Ring or Arlo or Sunba and customer service will be responsive to you because for what they sell, you are their target audience...
What really irritates me is that I know it takes a few seconds for them to issue a new XML file so I can reset a password. They did it the other day. I sent an email and within five minutes I had received my XML file back. They were quite good last week. I think I did three cameras with no problems. Now it's all gone to pot and they are not being very helpful I've now got three of my cameras working outside, so I've got the house covered in most other places. There's just two more cameras I need doing. If I do buy another one of these cameras that I'm going to make damn sure it's got a reset button on it. Cannot be doing with all this.

Ironside69

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I've seen it all now. Just got this reply back from one of their representatives.

"With all of the replies you have sent, if you had just forwarded your details, you'd have your password by now but it seems you like to insist on not giving your details so I'm afraid you will have to try again tomorrow. "

Teken

Known around here
Reaction score
Welps, I have to point out the obvious which isn't reflected in your image capture. You need to follow what the minimum password requirements which is at least 8-16 characters in length. Alpha Numeric, Upper & Lower case, and special character.

It costs you nothing to change it to this for now: 12345Abc!

Ironside69

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Welps, I have to point out the obvious which isn't reflected in your image capture. You need to follow what the minimum password requirements which is at least 8-16 characters in length. Alpha Numeric, Upper & Lower case, and special character.

It costs you nothing to change it to this for now: 12345Abc!
okay, yes, I saw that now.I was under the impression it was going to generate a password for me. I now realise you have to enter in manually.

I thought I was getting somewhere. I Entered in my new password And clicked get user list. I got a message saying the loading user list. But then it failed. I realised I had forgotten to put in the IP camera address. When I put the IP camera address in it, just throw up that 404 error message again.

Teken

Known around here
Reaction score
okay, yes, I saw that now.I was under the impression it was going to generate a password for me. I now realise you have to enter in manually.

I thought I was getting somewhere. I Entered in my new password And clicked get user list. I got a message saying the loading user list. But then it failed. I realised I had forgotten to put in the IP camera address. When I put the IP camera address in it, just throw up that 404 error message again.
What is the IP address of the target video camera and how is it connected to the network / NVR?

Teken

Known around here
Reaction score
192.168.1 246. I have attached to a POE adapter. I can see the camera in SADP
Alright, I'll have to ask the obvious given this was called out in other related threads.

• Is the camera set to DHCP?
  • If the camera prompts you to enter password reset email / secret phrase have you done so?
  • Have you created a second (Admin) user in the camera via its internal web page?
  • Why isn't the camera connected directly to the NVR?
  • Where is this password pop up coming from? From the NVR? From Hikvision website?

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I can see the camera in SADP
I'm pretty sure that the camera firmware will be too recent for that old password reset facility to work.
The Hikvision backdoor, that it relies uupon, was closed in firmware version 5.4.5 and up.

What does SADP show for the firmware version?

Ironside69

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Alright, I'll have to ask the obvious given this was called out in other related threads.

• Is the camera set to DHCP?
  • If the camera prompts you to enter password reset email / secret phrase have you done so?
  • Have you created a second (Admin) user in the camera via its internal web page?
  • Why isn't the camera connected directly to the NVR?
  • Where is this password pop up coming from? From the NVR? From Hikvision website?
No, it wasn't set to DHCP. I just enabled and tried again but I still got the 404.

No, I never setup any kind of secret question. The camera was purchased brand-new on plug straight into the NVR.

No, no second admin

I need to reset the password, so it's connected directly to the POE

Password pop-up? Not sure what you mean

Ironside69

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Not sure how I can tell you what the firmware is without actually logging into the camera.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I've seen it all now. Just got this reply back from one of their representatives.

"With all of the replies you have sent, if you had just forwarded your details, you'd have your password by now but it seems you like to insist on not giving your details so I'm afraid you will have to try again tomorrow. "
And then when they realize you are not an authorized installer but simply an Average Joe, they will tell you to buzz off :p Actually they will probably tell you to reach out to the vendor you acquired it from....

Ironside69

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
And then when they realize you are not an authorized installer but simply an Average Joe, they will tell you to buzz off :p Actually they will probably tell you to reach out to the vendor you acquired it from....
They have already done that with a couple of the cameras I wanted passwords for. Apparently, the people who I am dealing with only offer support for HiLook Products. Still made by HV, so I'm not sure what all the fuss is about. Obviously they are Chinese, so they are just interested in selling as much products as they can without the need to offer any support which costs money.