Problems generating new password

Teken

Known around here
Reaction score
No, it wasn't set to DHCP. I just enabled and tried again but I still got the 404.

No, I never setup any kind of secret question. The camera was purchased brand-new on plug straight into the NVR.

No, no second admin

I need to reset the password, so it's connected directly to the POE

Password pop-up? Not sure what you mean
Alright, once the camera has been set to DHCP it should reboot. If not unplug it from NVR POE port and wait ten seconds and insert it back into the SAME POE Port. Once the NVR detects the camera it will assign a new IP address which you should be able to confirm using the SADP tool.

Ironside69

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Alright, once the camera has been set to DHCP it should reboot. If not unplug it from NVR POE port and wait ten seconds and insert it back into the SAME POE Port. Once the NVR detects the camera it will assign a new IP address which you should be able to confirm using the SADP tool.
How can I see the cameras that are plugged into the MVR using SADP?

Ironside69

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
All I can see in SADP Are a couple of IP cameras in bird boxes and the IP camera connected to the switch. I can see the NVR but I doesn't appear to be anywhere to click that would indicate what is plugged into the box. Maybe I'm not looking in the right place.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
How are you able to use SADP to change the network to DHCP if you don't know the admin password?
To change to DHCP with SADP requires the use of the admin password.

Teken

Known around here
Reaction score
Lets back up a little the NVR has a IP address of 192.168.1.64 when you go to this address what can you see / do?

Teken

Known around here
Reaction score
Based on the image capture you have provided the NVR is on a completely different range. The NVR is handing out 192.168.254.X vs your current camera is being provided an IP of 192.168.1.X

It would be very helpful to be able to see which of the camera's in this NVR list is the (192.168.1.254) if it showed the MAC Address / Model number. Regardless, this simply affirms what I have stated in the past. You must only have one DHCP server running at any given time unless you have a good understanding of what you're doing.

Please provide all of the network settings on the NVR for review . . .

Ironside69

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Based on the image capture you have provided the NVR is on a completely different range. The NVR is handing out 192.168.254.X vs your current camera is being provided an IP of 192.168.1.X

It would be very helpful to be able to see which of the camera's in this NVR list is the (192.168.1.254) if it showed the MAC Address / Model number. Regardless, this simply affirms what I have stated in the past. You must only have one DHCP server running at any given time unless you have a good understanding of what you're doing.

1614028151543.png

Ironside69

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

I'm not quite with you when you ask about 192.168.1.254 camera.

Teken

Known around here
Reaction score
You have highlighted the camera.
Alright, well right now that specific camera is on the wrong IP range and thus it will not show up in the NVR. So let me back up a little bit for some over view as this might help out. Some NVR's you must always plug the camera into the same POE Port as it (binds / locks) it to that specific input channel. Next, if the camera was brand new you would also Activate each camera through the NVR as you have been doing via the SADP tool.

Some NVR's require you to activate through its own interface as you have presented here in your image capture . . .

Ironside69

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Alright, well right now that specific camera is on the wrong IP range and thus it will not show up in the NVR. So let me back up a little bit for some over view as this might help out. Some NVR's you must always plug the camera into the same POE Port as it (binds / locks) it to that specific input channel. Next, if the camera was brand new you would also Activate each camera through the NVR as you have been doing via the SADP tool.

Some NVR's require you to activate through its own interface as you have presented here in your image capture . . .
I have plugged the camera into the NVR. The IR lights are on the camera, so it's definitely got power going to. But it's not registering in the configuration. So obviously what you say is the case. Is there anyway to manipulate the IP address using manual setting? What if I was to plug the camera back into the POE and see the 192.168.254.x,and match it manually. Mind you, I suppose the camera still using the old password. Sorry, I'm still not fully grasping how this works properly.

Teken

Known around here
Reaction score
I have plugged the camera into the NVR. The IR lights are on the camera, so it's definitely got power going to. But it's not registering in the configuration. So obviously what you say is the case. Is there anyway to manipulate the IP address using manual setting? What if I was to plug the camera back into the POE and see the 192.168.254.x,and match it manually. Mind you, I suppose the camera still using the old password. Sorry, I'm still not fully grasping how this works properly.
In the ideal world things would just work . . .

But, you have several problems that require you to do one thing vs the other. Some of which you have already done and know personally how long it takes with very little positive outcome. This is why I and many others have tried to get as much information as possible with respect to your network setup and environment.

If I was standing there right this moment I would just hard reset everything from camera to NVR. I would also insure the NVR was the only thing connected directly to my computer so I could manage what I accessed.

Given this camera doesn't have a hard reset button this makes the whole process gruelingly hard. As noted early on in your other threads its imperative you only allow one DHCP Server to operate / be connected to. Failure to understand this will result in IP conflict and can take down your entire network. This is seen by the fact your NVR has its own DHCP Server handling out a 192.168.254.X

I have to assume your Router / Modem is handling out the 192.168.1.X (IP Camera 192.168.1.246)

In any other day I would simply tell you to manually change the IP address of the camera to 192.168.254.X to match the NVR. But, as I stated before many of these Chinese NVR's insist you plug the camera into the same exact port each time. So, if you're sure its on the exact same port as it was before this whole problem arose I would probably say use the SADP tool to change it to whatever address is shown in your image capture.

I have to assume its one of the camera's showing Offline . . .

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Is there anyway to manipulate the IP address using manual setting? What if I was to plug the camera back into the POE and see the 192.168.254.x,and match it manually.
The IP address specified in the NVR System | Camera Configuration menu must match that of the camera connected to that NVR channel.
As you have admin access to the NVR, you can change the IP address of the NVR PoE channel to match what you have discovered is set on the camera.
After you've done that - the camera will connect OK if the camera admin password is the same as is set on the NVR channel that it is connected to.
If not - you will get an incorrect password error showing in the NVR camera configuration page.

If you want to see the details of the cameras plugged in to the NVR PoE ports, connect the PC to an unused NVR PoE port and look at what SADP shows.
Of interest apart from their IP addresses that you need to match up, will be the firmware versions.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
As noted early on in your other threads its imperative you only allow one DHCP Server to operate / be connected to. Failure to understand this will result in IP conflict and can take down your entire network. This is seen by the fact your NVR has its own DHCP Server handling out a 192.168.254.X
For the benefit of others who are reading this thread ...

The Hikvision NVR does not operate a DHCP server on the PoE ports, or anywhere else.
When the NVR is given the admin password and IP address of a camera so it can connect to it - it simply has administrative control over the camera, giving the ability to configure a wide range of settable parameters, including the network.
DHCP in the sense that a LAN router provides that service is not a feature of the NVR.