Problems with setting up new cameras

koukz351

n3wb
Reaction score
HI guys

wondering if i can get some assistance.

I currently have a hikvsion 7732 16c NVR box running 8 cameras. 6 via POE plugged directly into the box and 2 pluged in via a POE switch.

im using my own ip addess 10.0.0.x and all the cameras seem to work fine.

im now trying to add 2 more cameras and plug them directly into the NVR. ive used the SADP software and updated the ip range of the cameras to suit the 10.0.0.x range. these new cameras are english firmware

the camera's only seem to come up when i plug a power source or plug them into the Powered switch. when i plug them directly into the NVR i get a abnormal network error. i know the box has enough power to run the extra 2 cameras via POE as i have unplugged the other cameras as a process of eliminiation.

what have i done wrong? never had this issue before

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
im now trying to add 2 more cameras and plug them directly into the NVR. ive used the SADP software and updated the ip range of the cameras to suit the 10.0.0.x range. these new cameras are english firmware
The default IP address range for the PoE ports on a Hikvision NVR is 192.168.254.x , so cameras plugged in to the NVR PoE ports should have an address in that range, matching the address as assigned to the NVR channel the camera is plugged in to.
im using my own ip addess 10.0.0.x and all the cameras seem to work fine.
This is your LAN address range? Not the address range you've used on the NVR PoE ports?

If you have a camera that's got a fixed IP address in the same 10. range as the LAN plugged in to an NVR PoE port that's on the default 192.168.254.x address range, you will get a 'network abnormal' error.

koukz351

n3wb
Reaction score
thanks for your reply. i sorta understand what you are saying but when i look at my other cameras they have the 10.0.0.X range
so if i set that ip of the new camera to 192.168.254.x will it find it? even though its a different Ip range?

Attachments

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
if i set that ip of the new camera to 192.168.254.x will it find it? even though its a different Ip range?
I don't think so - it looks like you've customised the NVR PoE interface IP address away from the default of 192.168.254.1

What is the IP address of the NVR PoE interface? Only visible / able to be changed via the NVR VGA/HDMI admin interface.
What is the IP address range of your LAN, including subnet mask?

koukz351

n3wb
Reaction score
I don't think so - it looks like you've customised the NVR PoE interface IP address away from the default of 192.168.254.1

What is the IP address of the NVR PoE interface? Only visible / able to be changed via the NVR VGA/HDMI admin interface.
What is the IP address range of your LAN, including subnet mask?
where do i check the NVR poe interface?
Not sure if this answers your question but
the ip of the NVR is in the 10.0.0.x range
internal nic iv4 add 10.0.0.x (different to the avobe IP)
subnet mask 255.255.255.0
def gateway 10.0.0.x

btw when i go to POE information
i can see the port i have plugged the camera into and it is using 3.5w so it appears its getting power just cant find it on the NVR