Progressive Liberal Hypocrisy

Sybertiger

Known around here
Reaction score
LMAO as libbies causing unemployment. I guess zero dollars an hour is better. Can't wait for the robots to finish them off in Kalifornia.

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score

gordo

Pulling my weight
Reaction score

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

rolibr24

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
LOL

My son is 14, all he wants to do is work, but we can’t find him any work, 16 minimum, a lot of places now won’t hire you until you are 18.

I started working at 8, parents had to start filing taxes for me at 10 working on the farm. The small farms are non existent in our area, none of them will hire you until you are 18.

My son wants to weld, I bought him some welders and he is watching You Tube U and learning how to weld so he can start side work.

Maybe he should learn to say No English. Maybe he could actually get a job then.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
My son is 14, all he wants to do is work, but we can’t find him any work, 16 minimum, a lot of places now won’t hire you until you are 18.

I started working at 8, parents had to start filing taxes for me at 10 working on the farm. The small farms are non existent in our area, none of them will hire you until you are 18.

My son wants to weld, I bought him some welders and he is watching You Tube U and learning how to weld so he can start side work.

Maybe he should learn to say No English. Maybe he could actually get a job then.
Have him start his own business I guess is the answer .. I know Many younger talented programmers who had issues with regards to work .. some ended up just making their own apps and selling them in the ap stores .. this was when you did not need a big team to make apps.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Reaction score

I would tell my middle school students about Federal labor laws that effectively state that at 14 years old, you can work the counter at a fast food place, but you can't work in the kitchen. The students would ask why, and I would tell them that the US Government believes they are too stupid to work in the kitchen, and that until they are 16, they won't know that a stove is hot and knives are sharp, making the kitchen too dangerous for stupid "kids" under 16. LOL.... then I would ask them what they think of that law. good times.... :)