PTZ Motion Tracking?

Reaction score
Flintstone, what brand is your camera that has this same web menu? I’m still trying to figure out how to turn this darn “smart tracking” off… I emailed Jidetech customer service and they said my camera does not support smart tracking, according to the serial number. Attached is a video of what I’m experiencing. If this isn’t “smart tracking” then what is it and how do I turn it off?? Lol

Attachments

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
Damn! mine doesnt do that! it has to be a higher model than mine or newer model.
The part number comes back as a Hikvision type part number I believe.
It's at work, I'll try to get that info to you later this AM.....
Note to self....

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
Did you see his video? That thing is hyperactive!
Dammit all! I forgot to get the model # at work. Sorry Dude!
But it's only a 2MP camera. yours is probably the 5Mp with auto track, maybe somebody put the autotrack firmware in it?

Last edited:
Reaction score
I have tried everything under the moon in all of the setting screens (probably 50 times by now). I disconnected the camera from my NVR and connected it directly to the router to see if there were any other options that might be available in the camera's web interface, but no dice. The only setting that seems like it could possibly (but not likely) be related to tracking is "auto tour". I've tried 100 different settings there and nothing changes with the tracking.

I've seen plenty of tutorials on how to enable/disable/configure "Smart Tracking" on other brand PTZ cameras (i.e. Hikvision). The configuration menus in my Alibi NVR are similar to Hikvision but there are no settings available for smart tracking.

Doesn't seem likely, but do you think there's any chance the smart tracking is enabled/disabled via some dip switch settings on the camera? From what I can tell the dip switches are for setting protocol, baud rate, etc. I really wish I could figure out who made this darn camera...

Reaction score
I've spent hours searching the model numbers below and can't find any solid evidence of a specific manufacturer or any user guides. I ended up reaching out to JideTech since I got several hits on their brand when searching and they have the same web Gui. They didn't deny that it was one of their cameras but they told me the camera does not support smart tracking based on the serial number. I sent them the same video proving that the camera tracks motion... All I want to do is disable the tracking and set the camera in a locked, slightly zoomed-in position... it can't be that hard, right?!!

From the web Gui: IPD-D53M02 series
The NVR gives this model number for the camera: DS-2ZMN2006

Reaction score
Now there's an idea! :thumb: I'd obviously still like to have the option to control the PTZ when I want, but have it fixed otherwise. Might just have to use the duct tape solution for now. At least the camera won't be facing the gutter or side of the house 90% of the time anymore... smh

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
Nothing but Problems with this piece of hardware.
looks like it was marketed under various names.
@Sabastiontombs calls it " JiveTech". it should be beaten to death with a sledgehammer, and posted on youtube, with the Model # and NOT to Buy at all costs.

Reaction score
The last link you sent is what made me decide to reach out to Jidetech. I can't find any useful info on any of the various manufacturers mentioned that relates to smart tracking.

I think I'm just going to invest in some better cameras down the road. I have a nice 50lb sledge with this camera's name on it. Appreciate all of the help anyway. Cheers!

Reaction score
FINALLY FIGURED IT OUT. I started running through presets and when I called 93, it stopped the auto track. Now the camera stays parked where I leave it. Preset 99 starts auto tracking again. Only took me 6 months, not bad for a rookie?