Push Notification Images for Vertical Cam

morrisky

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Anyone else seeing push notification images for verticals being cropped to just the center of the image instead of showing the whole image? Any way to fix this?

morrisky

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Here is an example picture of a notification and a view of the camera.

I didn't notice this issue when I was on ios 10 but when I upgraded to ios 12 it seemed to start happening.

Last edited:

Vettester

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I'm on iOS 12.2 and I'm not seeing this issue.

Reaction score
I have this same issue on Android and only started happening when i manually rotated the cam 90' for the front door.

The Push Notification image is now blurry and only shows the center (not the doorway to see if i have packages or the person there)

Anyone have or know of a fix for this?

Attachments

morrisky

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The Dev said it needed to be fixed in the iOS app when I had contacted him, but haven't seen a new release that fixes it at all. Strangely the notification image looks fine on my watch though.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hopefully there is a fix soon? This is very annoying :idk:
If I had to guess it probably wont get fixed until the new update to the app sometime this summer. If you email support perhaps he will tell you.

morrisky

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
This is now fixed in version 5.3.2.8 with the new app. Though the vertical alert images seem to be quite pixelated compared to their horizontal versions so I'm asking Ken about that.

Reaction score
This is now fixed in version 5.3.2.8 with the new app. Though the vertical alert images seem to be quite pixelated compared to their horizontal versions so I'm asking Ken about that.
Is this iOS only? i dont see any mobile app updates for Android. Thanks

morrisky

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Is this iOS only? i dont see any mobile app updates for Android. Thanks
Yeah, this was for the iOS version. Although the update was made to the main program to fix the issue so could affect android as well, not sure.

mikeynags

Known around here
Reaction score
Did you follow the advice from @fenderman above? Email the dev or support - he/they doesn't participate in IPCT.