Q-See Closing Doors Jan 31st 2021 No More Remote Viewing, Options to fix

HarryH

n3wb
Reaction score
OK, cool! Typing the port after the IP address worked. Here's a pic of the NVR Gui
qsee.jpg

HarryH

n3wb
Reaction score
Well, I don't see any web interface anywhere in here. Is it possible it will take the changes right from here? Many more settings in here not showing on the direct NVR page.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
It is best to do in camera itself, but since you can't then this is the only way.

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
what is the IP address of the BI system?
you need to match the address range with those cams
if your bi network is on 192.168.0.1
then make your cams 192.168.0.xyz

HarryH

n3wb
Reaction score
what is the IP address of the BI system?
you need to match the address range with those cams
if your bi network is on 192.168.0.1
then make your cams 192.168.0.xyz
I set up dual NICs as shown in the wiki. Problem is trying to get the IP addresses for all the cams set up as well as enabling ONVIF for each of them. Not having much luck in the NVR online interface....

HarryH

n3wb
Reaction score
Got all the Qsee cams changed over and working. Thanks wittaj!! Now just have to figure out what to do with the 2 new Andycams coming tomorrow :)BIdesktop.jpg

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Awesome!

If you have an extra POE port on the NVR, try it for kicks and see if it finds it LOL.

If not, then get a POE switch and plug Andy's cams into it and the NVR into it and then from there into the BI computer and you will be good to go.

Well almost, you gotta get Andy's cams onto your IP subnet if they don't work on the NVR:

Once you get it powered up, here is how you gain access to it from a computer.

You can use the IPconfig tool to initialize the camera or do this (which is the preferred way):

The default IP address of the camera is 192.168.1.108, which may or may not be the IP address range of your system.

Unhook a computer or laptop from the internet and go into ethernet settings and using the IPv4 settings manually change the IP address to 192.168.1.100

1672063957334.png

Then power up your camera and wait a few minutes.

Then go to INTERNET EXPLORER (needs to be Explorer and not Edge or Chrome with IE tab) and type in 192.168.1.108 (default IP address of Dahua cameras) and you will then access the camera.

Tell it your country and give it a user and password.

Then go to the camera Network settings and change the camera IP address to the range of your system and hit save.

You will then lose the camera connection.

Then reverse the process to put your computer back on your network IP address range.

Next open up INTERNET EXPLORER and type in the new IP address that you just gave the camera to access it.

OR use the IPconfig Tool, but most of us prefer the above as it is one less program needed and one less chance for the cameras to phone home or for something to get screwed up.

HarryH

n3wb
Reaction score
I've already packed away the Qsee NVR and just figured I would run everything off the new BI, HP computer. I also got a 24port POE switch so I have plenty of room for extra cams. For now, just not sure if I will replace a couple of the Qsee cams with the Andycams or add 2 more to the current six. That's probably what I'll do, but that means getting up in the attic to run new ethernet cables....Yuk...

Reaction score
Hello All,
This post is about to generate 1000's of views. Many people are about to find out their Q-See systems will stop P2P sharing and will not be able to remote view because the vendor is going out of business tomorrow. Q-See has recommended to use remote access via DMZ and enable DHCP. Basically, turning off your router’s firewall and allowing an outside connection directly to your NVR. (directions found on their web site). However, everything I’ve read about it states this could open your network up to hacker attacks. I want to use this as a brain storming area and pick people’s knowledge. (Maybe port forwarding and how to do it). Please reframe from “you shouldn’t have bought Q-See in the first place (Yes Yes I know).

Option 1: Do the DMZ and risk it.

Option 2: So from what I have gather is that many of their systems were made by Dahua and should be easy to buy a Dahua NVR of similar specs and use their software and their web/phone apps to remote view. (Onvif compliant) For the most part plug and go.

Option 3: Buy or build a windows based computer/server for use as a NVR and buy a POE switch and install Blue Iris software to manage it. (most likely the most powerful and best way to achieve best recording) But uses more power than a standalone NVR?

For me I’m running a QC826 16 channel NVR (total record data max of 320MBPS) (4 full resolution channels and the rest up to 1080P) I have 3 different PTZ cameras and many 4K camera’s IP cameras and wireless cameras. Some direct connect and others running through google mesh system. I installed it myself and self-taught through trial and error. I’m looking at two different Dahua NVR models :
(Both 16 channels below)
N42B3P
nvr5216/5232-16p-4ks2e

I guess people will want to know about cost factor. It will depend on what others have already and what they want to do. I’m leaning toward a new/used Dahua NVR ($300 to $600) using the existing two hard drives in my current NVR. But if you have a computer you can convert, Blue Iris may work better.

Just to be clear all Q-see’s NVR's will still keep recording to the NVR and will be unaffected. Just remote viewing will be affected. Sorry for my typo’s just wanted to get this out and going

Alex

I noticed you were looking at a NVR 5232-16P is there Dahua Firmware to change the Amcrest NVR 5232-16P to Dahua? I'm trying to get my Qsee cameras to show up I've watched tons of YouTubes and came across this forum on a google search. I still have my QC888 but it won't recognize the cameras ether I've tried ONVIF. The Amcrest see's 2 of my QSee cameras but I can't recreate the info.

Attachments

alexj

n3wb
Reaction score
I noticed you were looking at a NVR 5232-16P is there Dahua Firmware to change the Amcrest NVR 5232-16P to Dahua? I'm trying to get my Qsee cameras to show up I've watched tons of YouTubes and came across this forum on a google search. I still have my QC888 but it won't recognize the cameras ether I've tried ONVIF. The Amcrest see's 2 of my QSee cameras but I can't recreate the info.
I do not recommend trying to install different factory software. It could brick the NVR. As far as getting the cameras to work, I found changing the IP address may work and tinker with Camara settings. I know there are some Onvif cameras that just aren't compatible. I would try to buy some used cameras off ebay for the types that work for you and sell the ones that you couldn't get to show up. Just my 2 cents.

Last edited:

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
As I told you when you posted a similar question in another thread - a firmware update isn't going to solve the problem.

You need to either manually enter camera based on if you know the IP address and user/password of the camera or perform a factory reset of the camera and then plug it into the NVR and let the NVR initialize it.

Reaction score
As I told you when you posted a similar question in another thread - a firmware update isn't going to solve the problem.

You need to either manually enter camera based on if you know the IP address and user/password of the camera or perform a factory reset of the camera and then plug it into the NVR and let the NVR initialize it.

Okay thank you. I have the IP addresses of the cameras, however they are not initializing. I'm not sure why.

Reaction score
I do not recommend trying to install different factory software. It could brick the NVR. As far as getting the cameras to work, I found changing the IP address may work and tinker with Camara settings. I know there are some Onvif cameras that just aren't compatible. I would try to buy some used cameras off ebay for the types that work for you and sell the ones that you couldn't get to show up. Just my 2 cents.
Thank you I'll try changing the IP addresses.

heybozo

n3wb
Reaction score
I know there will be people laughing after they read this but still, has anyone ever filed an FTC complaint against this qsee. I see that they're now claiming to be back in biz but won't support their old cams. It's incredible because they dumped their inventory online at discounted prices and at places like 'sams club' and then closed up leaving the cams almost worthless. Did it on purpose and now they are back selling cams on amz.

I finally found out how I could initialize and configure other software to use the cams. qcview for one would work with their cams but was useless as a dvr, and until recently I couldn't figure out how to use cams that were new or reset. I'll probably set up a dedicated pc for blueiris now the cams working but I still haven't been able to figure out how to hack into the camera to change settings. I'll start with the spot light but ideally I want it to record continuously on sdcard. I've bought several cheap cams over the past 30 years and these qsee dome cams are the only ones I've found that worked reliably and in all kinds of conditions. I have one on the front of my house that has been there for several years and thru the worst heat and conditions you can think of and it's still in great condition and works. It can't be that hard; it's just that their mobile app forces a server login, and since the server doesn't exist, of course the app doesn't work. Get around that and the app would probably work.

Any info on how to hack into these or any cam would be appreciated.

Keith93611

n3wb
Reaction score
Okay I just upgraded my NVR to the Amcrest NV4416e-ai, I have 16 of the QSee 8093B cameras, when I hook them up to the NVR I only have 2 that show a picture and the rest just show an IP address, I have gone int the settings and used the original pass words with no luck, is there a way to do a factory reset on the cameras or any idea on how the get them back up and running? They all worked fine with the Q-See QCN8026 NVR
TIA~

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Okay I just upgraded my NVR to the Amcrest NV4416e-ai, I have 16 of the QSee 8093B cameras, when I hook them up to the NVR I only have 2 that show a picture and the rest just show an IP address, I have gone int the settings and used the original pass words with no luck, is there a way to do a factory reset on the cameras or any idea on how the get them back up and running? They all worked fine with the Q-See QCN8026 NVR
TIA~
HI Keith93611 ..

You may need to play with the substream info in the channels to get them to show up iirc .. Lorex to Dahua NVR had similar issues .. you can search for that topic.

( basically the NVR shows the substream on multiple view .. and isn't configured plug and play when you go from Lorex to Dahua NVR iirc .. )

Reaction score
Hi there, i need some help regarding setting up replacement cameras that are different brand ( Lorex)
I have Q-See NVR H16CN1.1-2 16 channel and 3 cameras went off (stopped working ) so i had some spare Lorex IP cameras extra and i replaced the 3 pieces that stopped working but for whatever reason they are not showing up on the monitor but on the settings they Ip address of the cameras shows up but i cant ad them manually because it says you reached the maximum number of the cameras . Anybody can help me ad those cameras and be able to view them normally ?
any help would really be appreciated

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hi there, i need some help regarding setting up replacement cameras that are different brand ( Lorex)
I have Q-See NVR H16CN1.1-2 16 channel and 3 cameras went off (stopped working ) so i had some spare Lorex IP cameras extra and i replaced the 3 pieces that stopped working but for whatever reason they are not showing up on the monitor but on the settings they Ip address of the cameras shows up but i cant ad them manually because it says you reached the maximum number of the cameras . Anybody can help me ad those cameras and be able to view them normally ?
any help would really be appreciated

" .. but i cant ad them manually because it says you reached the maximum number of the cameras .. "

sounds like you've maxed out the channels .. try to delete some channels ( "cameras" )

remember you may need to sync user / password and ports as well as substream info ..

Ideally both the NVR and cameras are Dahua OEM .. so they can use the Dahua APIs .. otherwise you will need to try ONVIF settings