Qontest: Win a BRAND NEW free 2TB WD Purple Surveillance Drive

catcamstar

Known around here
Reaction score
Not a peep from @tangent...perhaps he is unable to summon his Solomanesque powers and chooses to lurk in the shadows. No worries bro, but I therefore exercise my prerogative to yet again change the rules of my contest and I declare the following two (2) winners (because helping strangers and children is especially commendable IMO)...
  1. @catcamstar >Post #6
  2. @c hris527 >Post #13
There were so many good posts to this topic it was hard to decide, and I honestly wish I had enough drives to give one to each of you. But I only have two. So please -- @catcamstar and @c hris527 -- please PM me your ship to address and I will send each of you a brand new WD 2GD Surveillance drive.
Thank YOU Q! Bless you!

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
Not a peep from @tangent...perhaps he is unable to summon his Solomanesque powers and chooses to lurk in the shadows. No worries bro, but I therefore exercise my prerogative to yet again change the rules of my contest and I declare the following two (2) winners (because helping strangers and children is especially commendable IMO)...
  1. @catcamstar >Post #6
  2. @c hris527 >Post #13
There were so many good posts to this topic it was hard to decide, and I honestly wish I had enough drives to give one to each of you. But I only have two. So please -- @catcamstar and @c hris527 -- please PM me your ship to address and I will send each of you a brand new WD 2GD Surveillance drive.
Awesome Thanks, that will come in handy, never thought my post would make it to the top but I will find good use for that hard drive in a system. Thanks again Q.

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Thank YOU Q! Bless you!
Little bit of a problem with @catcamstar who lives in western Europe where I do not ship to...at least not yet. Is it legal for me to ship a HDD to western Europe? What carrier do I use? Advice would be appreciated. Thanks and sorry for the kerfuffle. smiley5.gif
Just remember, Q, the road to hell is paved with good intentions...

awsum140

Known around here
Reaction score
Q, I've shipped stuff to England and Greece, multiple times, using USPS. It's the least expensive choice from my experience, but it still ain't cheap. If you need tips on doing it, send me a PM.

Last edited:

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Brand new WD20PURZ 2GB Surveillance drives have been shipped to both @c hris527 and @catcamstar. While this action concludes the contest, it does not conclude the tenent of The Law of Reciprocity.

Sorry it took so long ship fellas, here’s what happeded to Q this week...
  • Friday, 21 September: Our corporate email service provider had a melt down on 20 of their servers which caused the loss of all data for 9000 of their accounts. Really. Email functionality was not restored until Tuesday and resulted in quite a bit of work on my part as our 27 MAILMAN accounts could not be restored, and needed to be rebuilt manually.
  • Wednesday, 26 September: A torrential downpour resulted in 160 gallons of water flooding my basement. How am I certain it was 160 gallons? Easy...I carried it out in 32 5-gallon buckets.
  • Thursday, 27 September: Contracted a beast of a cold/virus which layed me up all day Thursday and lingers presently in all it’s karmic fury.
So, it does appear that The Law of Reciprocity has kicked my sorry ass this week. I expect my house to burn down any minute. :)

Last edited:

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score

awsum140

Known around here
Reaction score
I understand Q. I had a sump in the basement when we moved in and added a second. Broke through the floor, dug it out, set a nice plastic sump, repaired the concrete and have yet to put a pump in either one of them. We've never had any water in the basement though and the house sits on top of a little knoll.

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Guess who made me sick and I'll be impressed
Your significant other.
MILDLY IMPRESSED (I should have posited, as this is most CERTAINLY an elementary deduction!) smiley4.gif

Now, GUESS WHICH BASEMENT WALL did not contribute to water intrusion in my basement, and I will send you a free IP camera: North or North?

sHERLOCK.jpg

Last edited: