Qontest: Win a BRAND NEW free 2TB WD Purple Surveillance Drive

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
Brand new WD20PURZ 2GB Surveillance drives have been shipped to both @c hris527 and @catcamstar. While this action concludes the contest, it does not conclude the tenent of The Law of Reciprocity.

Sorry it took so long ship fellas, here’s what happeded to Q this week...
  • Friday, 21 September: Our corporate email service provider had a melt down on 20 of their servers which caused the loss of all data for 9000 of their accounts. Really. Email functionality was not restored until Tuesday and resulted in quite a bit of work on my part as our 27 MAILMAN accounts could not be restored, and needed to be rebuilt manually.
  • Wednesday, 26 September: A torrential downpour resulted in 160 gallons of water flooding my basement. How am I certain it was 160 gallons? Easy...I carried it out in 32 5-gallon buckets.
  • Thursday, 27 September: Contracted a beast of a cold/virus which layed me up all day Thursday and lingers presently in all it’s karmic fury.
So, it does appear that The Law of Reciprocity has kicked my sorry ass this week. I expect my house to burn down any minute. :)
I received a package today in the mail that I decontaminated first and it was a Brand New Wd 2Tb Hard Drive..Thanks Q

J Sigmo

Known around here
Reaction score
Brand new WD20PURZ 2GB Surveillance drives have been shipped to both @c hris527 and @catcamstar. While this action concludes the contest, it does not conclude the tenent of The Law of Reciprocity.

• Friday, 21 September: Our corporate email service provider had a melt down on 20 of their servers which caused the loss of all data for 9000 of their accounts. Really. Email functionality was not restored until Tuesday and resulted in quite a bit of work on my part as our 27 MAILMAN accounts could not be restored, and needed to be rebuilt manually.
  • Wednesday, 26 September: A torrential downpour resulted in 160 gallons of water flooding my basement. How am I certain it was 160 gallons? Easy...I carried it out in 32 5-gallon buckets.
  • Thursday, 27 September: Contracted a beast of a cold/virus which layed me up all day Thursday and lingers presently in all it’s karmic fury.
So, it does appear that The Law of Reciprocity has kicked my sorry ass this week. I expect my house to burn down any minute. :)
I "Liked" this post, but I didn't like it!

Sorry to hear of your calamities. That all sucks. I hope the cold is gone already by the time you read this.

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Feel better soon. I was figuring it was the cats, mice, or mrs. q that got you sick but decided against suggesting mrs. q.
Re: sump pumps, even if you have one, it may not be installed correctly. I've seen sump pumps with broken floats and no check valves.

The karmic scales are a funny thing, over many years I've jump started, pushed, dug out, winched, or towed (to safety) over a hundred stranger's cars. But, I don't expect a stranger to be there for me if I ever need a jump or push. Strangers have however come through for me in a big way on a few occasions.

As for the Qontest, I like the winners you chose and was honored you wanted me to pick the winner, but life had other plans that kept me off the forum. In related news, I can move, breathe, and sleep again without pain. yay!

As far as helpful things I've done this year, I'm in the process of redesigning the websites of 3 very small somewhat related non-profits, setting up better email and mailchimp for them, and assisting with some grant writing. It's proving to be more work and red tape than I expected.

Last edited:

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
MILDLY IMPRESSED (I should have posited, as this is most CERTAINLY an elementary deduction!) View attachment 33698

Now, GUESS WHICH BASEMENT WALL did not contribute to water intrusion in my basement, and I will send you a free IP camera: North or North?

View attachment 33700
Assuming my first two guess's won't count, I'll pick North. ;)

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Assuming my first two guess's won't count, I'll pick North. ;)
OMG! That is amazing!

You have won a *FREE* FABULOUS MARGINAL slightly used 5MP ACTi E33 IP camera which features decent daytime video and Qrap night video. Shipping is free. If you want to receive this prize please PM me your shipping address. smiley17.gif

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
OMG! That is amazing!

You have won a *FREE* FABULOUS MARGINAL slightly used 5MP ACTi E33 IP camera which features decent daytime video and Qrap night video. Shipping is free. If you want to receive this prize please PM me your shipping address. View attachment 33725
Saved by your fire resistant vault?

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
OMG! That is amazing!

You have won a *FREE* FABULOUS MARGINAL slightly used 5MP ACTi E33 IP camera which features decent daytime video and Qrap night video. Shipping is free. If you want to receive this prize please PM me your shipping address. View attachment 33725
Thanks for the offer, but keep it for another Qontest. ;)

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score

I just want to let you know I found a home for your harddrive, This week I got a call about a crashed system I put in at a local Animal shelter, For some reason All the harddrives went south at the same time, We did have some bad storms and power outages at that time, That Harddrive is now guarding our local fuzzy friends as I donated it.

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I just want to let you know I found a home for your harddrive, This week I got a call about a crashed system I put in at a local Animal shelter, For some reason All the harddrives went south at the same time, We did have some bad storms and power outages at that time, That Harddrive is now guarding our local fuzzy friends as I donated it.
Thank you for helping them @c hris527!

Reaction score
I think i speak for most of us on here, when i say i do good deeds everyday as it is in my character to do so. I do it because i feel good about helping others. I have also recently learned how to accept the good deeds of others when they are appreciating the good deed i am doing for them.
I am a DJ full time since my job relocated 7 years ago and paid me out. Which enabled me to full time DJ, which i have been Djn and working my full time job for 20 years. I was able to do that because my day job hours 7-4 and off on weekends fit perfect for my DJ hours.
This past week i arrive at one of the local colleges here in Houston to setup for a fall festival show and the person who hired me was attempting to put together a prop for her photo area. She had four pallets that she was attempting to screw them to each other to use as a backdrop for pumpkins. She had a drill and some 3 inch wood screws. I saw her and her crew all trying to screw the screws into the wood pallets with no luck because the screws would strip before getting half way in. So i stop setting my system up because i couldn't take it any longer watching them struggle. I ask her if she has a drill bit so she could drill holes first before trying to put the screws in. She said no this is all i have. I said ok let me see what i have. I know what i have i keep my tools in my suv. So i got my drill and my drill bit, came back to them and drilled holes and put the screws in the pallets for them. Then went back to setting up my equipment for the show. She told every body she talked to that the DJ put the photo booth back drop together for her. I didn't want an award for that it's just me.
Saturday Nov 3 I working a pet palooza, and was an outdoor event and my contract states any outdoor event i perform i must be covered with a tent or canopy of some kind. So they had a tents set up for everyone, but they only staked down the tent legs. But the wind was really strong so i decided to get my rope from my truck and my stakes i have four for my personal tent. And i stake down the four sides of my tent using my rope and my stakes and that solved my tents flopping around in the wind. i then went over to the person who hired me and told him i will help him control his three tents he had setup. These are just walmart 10x10 tents. So i get him and his helpers and we rope down all four sides and stake them down, problem solved. He said, "i appreciate your help, i didn't hire you for that, but it was a big help." I said no worries. i had plenty of time before the show started to offer my assistance. But this is what i do all the time i could list everything but there is no need just as i am sure you guys could list hundreds of deeds you do and have done. God bless you all for everything you do on this site as well as everyday.