Q's Cheap Camera Shootout

patrocle

Pulling my weight
Reaction score

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I purchased my LBH24S200 from here...And i told him to make sure i get "IMX323 + HI3516C" and not the IMX322..., and he said "will try" and i told him to make sure he send me the right one...
@Kawboy12R has mentioned that the IMX322 and IMX323 sensors are functionally similar, with the exception that the IMX323 has been simplified in some manner to make it less expensive to manufacture and, thus, less expensive to sell.

Last edited by a moderator:

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Didn't work with new FW. Thanks for trying...
@CapeData: For Firefox browser, left-click on the upper right corner of the browser "Open Menu" and select "add-ons" to find "LsNetClientCtl", select the "Always active"

CapeData

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
YAY!! The dealer sent me the original firmware. After I installed it, I was able to open the interface in FF and it prompted me to install the OCX, which this time, was the same HSWebPlugin @Q2U sent. Everything is back to normal.

Kudos to Han Bin at CDY-Technique Store!

magellan

n3wb
Reaction score
I also recently received 2 BH24S200 cameras that I'm using with BI as wildlife cameras. Their performance is fantastic except for one problem - They both reboot about every 40-45 minutes (not at the same time). The reboot timing isn't exact - Sometimes one will run as long as 2 hours, other times less than 30 minutes.

The reboots happen both day and night (with or without IR).

The system log shows a "System is running now" message following each reboot, but no other information. Both cameras came with the same firmware posted above (2516CV200_IMX323_W_6.1.35.2)

Is any one else seeing this or have any ideas for troubleshooting? I tried turning off all image processing features (WDR, BL, defog, etc) thinking maybe one of them was causing the reboots, but it didn't change anything.

Any ideas appreciated...

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
1) there is a firmware setting that allows for auto reboot, make sure that setting is not enabled.

2) are you certain that you don't have an intermittent power issue?

Larebear

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I haven't had the reboot problem with mine. I have it powered through its internal PoE. Does yours use internal PoE, external PoE or power adapters?

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
I also recently received 2 BH24S200 cameras that I'm using with BI as wildlife cameras. Their performance is fantastic except for one problem - They both reboot about every 40-45 minutes (not at the same time). The reboot timing isn't exact - Sometimes one will run as long as 2 hours, other times less than 30 minutes.

The system log shows a "System is running now" message following each reboot, but no other information. Both cameras came with the same firmware posted above (2516CV200_IMX323_W_6.1.35.2)

Is any one else seeing this or have any ideas for troubleshooting? I tried turning off all image processing features (WDR, BL, defog, etc) thinking maybe one of them was causing the reboots, but it didn't change anything.

Any ideas appreciated...
I am noticing a pattern here that people having reboot issues are using BI and in most cases using 2 or more Longse cameras...

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score

Any ideas appreciated...
You can try disabling PullPointSubscription in BI if its enabled...
https://www.ipcamtalk.com/showthread.php/14124-Did-I-max-out-my-cameras?p=128352&viewfull=1#post128352
Seems like the cameras dont play nice with those requests.
Also if using hardware acceleration make sure you are not using VPP...just HA.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Does anyone have more then 2 Longse cams in BI with no issues?

magellan

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks to everyone for the suggestions.

I originally created the cameras in BI as generic and just changed them both to Longse. Hardware Acceleration is on but VPP is off.

I unchecked the PullPointSubscription checkbox for each camera.

For power, both cameras get 12 volts from active poe splitters (48v->12v). They're each on 150-200 feet of outdoor cat 5e cable fed by the same poe switch (passive always on, 48v, 96 watts shared over 4 ports). The switch has all 4 ports in use, but the total power load is probably 40-50 watts with IR. The two other cameras on the POE switch aren't having any issues.

I was using a big 11 watt external IR with one of the cameras, but unplugging it didn't change anything (the reboots happen in the daytime too).

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Can you try using the cams by disconnecting them from BI completely and let us know?

magellan

n3wb
Reaction score
You can try disabling PullPointSubscription in BI if its enabled...
https://www.ipcamtalk.com/showthread.php/14124-Did-I-max-out-my-cameras?p=128352&viewfull=1#post128352
Seems like the cameras dont play nice with those requests.
Also if using hardware acceleration make sure you are not using VPP...just HA.
Thanks for this. Since I unchecked PullPointSubscription (and changed from generic to longse), neither has rebooted.

It's only been an hour or so, but I'm not sure I've seen a 1 hour period without at least one camera rebooting, so this is promising.