Q's Cheap Camera Shootout

magellan

n3wb
Reaction score
Can you try using the cams by disconnecting them from BI completely and let us know?
Good idea. It'd be interesting to know if the issue has to do with BI interaction.

If either camera reboots again, I'll give this a try next.

patrocle

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Just got a pair of the LBH24S200 today also, and got them running for about 2 hours now.
Running them in BI, and it has Poe integrated, Cat5e cable & TP-LINK Poe TL-SG1008PE.
This is my info from the cameras and settings:

Very impressed about quality of this cameras,nice and cheap. Now will see at night how will do.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
So you have PullPointSubscription enabled. Let us know how it goes.

patrocle

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
@klasipca, Yes will see.

Hmm, Have my Dell pc tower special to run BI only

And i am seeing some cpu and memory load now...

Running 10 - ip cameras at the moment all wired and all 24 hours recording.

May have to look why cpu and memory are on red now! I think it was even before i added the 2 - LBH24S200 to the system.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Your load is way to high...ensure direct to disk is enabled for each camera as well as hardware acceleration. You can uncheck pull point because you are not using the cameras motion detection..
is your pc connected to a monitor or are you logging in via a remote desktop app?

patrocle

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Your load is way to high...ensure direct to disk is enabled for each camera as well as hardware acceleration. You can uncheck pull point because you are not using the cameras motion detection..
is your pc connected to a monitor or are you logging in via a remote desktop app?
Yes , i have all direct to disk and BI option at top.
As for Hardware Acceleration is this the one:

?

I did uncheck to all "pull point" too

And is connected Dell tower to a monitor/small tv and BI software is running 24 hours, also have 2 iphones connected to the BI network.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes the hardware acceleration box...there is also a default setting in blue iris options>cameras
Set it to yes, no vpp. Then for each camera set it to yes or default...
What frame rates are you running? what is the total MP count of the cameras?
You can lower the live preview frame rate to 10 as well..that wont affect the recording.

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I am noticing a pattern here that people having reboot issues are using BI and in most cases using 2 or more Longse cameras...
I believe that @klasipca is jumping to a conclusion for which there is not enough, or next to no, evidence. At my office I run two (2) Longse cameras on the same BI system (LRCD60S500 & LRDC60XA200) without a reboot issue. At home I run three (3) Longse cameras on the same BI system (LRCD60S500, LBW90S500 and LBH24S200) without any reboot issues. I know @klasipca means well, but his supposition is meritless in my experience...and IMO.

In addition, at home I was running all cameras with PullPointSubscription enabled; there was no reboot issue. Yesterday, I disabled PullPointSubscription on each camera; there still is no reboot issue.

At one point -- several weeks ago at home -- I did have a reboot issue with my LRDC60S500...and later I had the same issue with my LBW90S500. The issue was resolved when I found that POE port #4 on the TrendNet switch had an intermittency issue and -- at one time or another -- I had each of the rebooting cameras on the bad port #4. Moving all cameras off port #4 resolved the issue. I also had a reboot issue with my Diske 800 2MP POS camera (which I also had on port #4).

IMO, this MAY be a PullPointSubscription issue...or, more likely, it is a power issue.

In addition, and as an aside, I set up all of my home Longse camera in Blue Iris using ONVIF which (as previously mentioned) enables PullPointSubscription automatically. Later, I changed each of the Longse camera's BI > Camera Properties > Video > Configure > Type (to "Longse") and "Model" to RTSP. It seems that when you set up a BI camera with ONVIF the PullPointSubscription will remain enabled when you manually change/select the camera type and model; you have to manually disable (uncheck) the PullPointSubscription settings.

Last edited by a moderator:

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
No conclusion jumping yet just bringing to attention because there were several cases with Longse+BI. Before we can make any conclusions we can at least ask users to remove BI from the variable. We don't know also what version they have running.

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Just got a pair of the LBH24S200 today also, and got them running for about 2 hours now.
Running them in BI, and it has Poe integrated, Cat5e cable & TP-LINK Poe TL-SG1008PE.
This is my info from the cameras and settings:

Very impressed about quality of this cameras,nice and cheap. Now will see at night how will do.
FYI: I run my BeSafe LBH24S200/Longse LBH24S200 as...

• Make: Longse
  • Model: RTSP
  • Receive Buffer (MB): 20
  • Get events with PullPointSubscription: Off (unchecked)
In fact, I run all of my Longse camera with these settings.

magellan

n3wb
Reaction score
It's been almost 4 hours since I unchecked PullPointSubscription in BI and so far no reboots from either Longse camera and 0 'No signals' from any camera in BI. I was seeing reboots every 40-45 minutes with PullPointSubscription set.

I should note that I also unchecked PullPointSubscription on another non-longse camera that had it checked. The only other thing I did was change the BI camera make on the 2 Longse cameras from generic to Longse.

My BI configuration currently has 6 HD network cameras enabled plus one USB camera, all recording 24/7 on an i7-3520M at 32% CPU with around 35Mbps of inbound network traffic.

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
It's been almost 4 hours since I unchecked PullPointSubscription in BI and so far no reboots from either Longse camera and 0 'No signals' from any camera in BI. I was seeing reboots every 40-45 minutes with PullPointSubscription set...
JuJuDance.jpg

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Is that you prematurely jumping to conclusions?
Bro. Don't you know anything? This is NOT the JuJu Dance of Celebration. Nay...this is the JuJu Dance of Luck & Hope, made by the tribe as a hope that the first child is born a male child...or to ward off IP camera reboot syndrome.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Bro. Don't you know anything? This is NOT the JuJu Dance of Celebration. Nay...this is the JuJu Dance of Luck & Hope, made by the tribe as a hope that the first child is born a male child...or to ward off IP camera reboot syndrome.
Yeah, well, I know you mean well and you may had an issue with POE port, but your assumption that it's a power issue in these other cases is not a likely scenario based on the description of the problem. Especially considering the other user in another thread with 5 new Longse cams exhibiting the same problem while his Hikvision were unaffected using BI.

patrocle

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Yes the hardware acceleration box...there is also a default setting in blue iris options>cameras
Set it to yes, no vpp. Then for each camera set it to yes or default...
What frame rates are you running? what is the total MP count of the cameras?
You can lower the live preview frame rate to 10 as well..that wont affect the recording.
I have setup to "Yes" In BI>Options> Cameras, but one of my cameras , is not .h264 and it is going down, no more video and is the cam in my living room , that's for spying on my Husky, while at work !:cool:
So i had to put it back to "No" option,for now.
There where only 3 options:
No
Yes (H.264)
Yes+VideoPostProc

Then in Each camera i have set all to: default and the option box for BVR - Unchecked.

Frame rate now are at 10 in BI, Have ip 10 cameras @ 21 mega pixel all combined.

Thank you.

patrocle

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
FYI: I run my BeSafe LBH24S200/Longse LBH24S200 as...

• Make:
  • Model: RTSP
  • Receive Buffer (MB): 20
  • Get events with PullPointSubscription: Off (unchecked)
In fact, I run all of my Longse camera with these settings.
Got
BeSafe LBH24S200
For me worked with:
Make:Generic
Model: RTSP H.264/MJPG/MPEG4
Receive Buffer (MB): 20.
PPS: Off too.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I have setup to "Yes" In BI>Options> Cameras, but one of my cameras , is not .h264 and it is going down, no more video and is the cam in my living room , that's for spying on my Husky, while at work !:cool:
So i had to put it back to "No" option,for now.
There where only 3 options:
No
Yes (H.264)
Yes+VideoPostProc

Then in Each camera i have set all to: default and the option box for BVR - Unchecked.

Frame rate now are at 10 in BI, Have ip 10 cameras @ 21 mega pixel all combined.

Thank you.
You need to set the frame rates in the camera not BI.
In BI you can adjust the live preview rate. Blue iris options>cameras
You should be nowhere near 90 percent. Reboot after enabling hardware acceleration.
Set the default to YES, and in the non h.264 camera set it to NO. OR simply set all cams to YES and the other to no.

patrocle

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
You need to set the frame rates in the camera not BI.
In BI you can adjust the live preview rate. Blue iris options>cameras
You should be nowhere near 90 percent. Reboot after enabling hardware acceleration.
Set the default to YES, and in the non h.264 camera set it to NO. OR simply set all cams to YES and the other to no.
I am still have to visit each camera in their own settings (outside of BI) to make sure frame rate is not to high.
>Live preview rate down to 20 (it was at 30)
Now i am at CPU 78% RAM 2.32G (8GB Ram my dell has)

"Set the default to YES, and in the non h.264 camera set it to NO. OR simply set all cams to YES and the other to no." > done, and all cameras working now,even the non h.264

As for the reboot, just shut the BI down and re-start? Thanks...