Q's Cheap Camera Shootout

MarkTG

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi Alastair,

I'm specifically looking at the Besafe BS-BH24S200-POE mentioned in this thread. Unfortunately $90 each is a bit out the price range for what I'm looking for...

MarkTG

n3wb
Reaction score
OK, thanks for that.

It would be nice to get a definitive answer before ordering one, but if no one else knows one way or the other I might order one and give that a try.

Thanks again for your help!

Kawboy12R

Known around here
Reaction score
Talk to your buyer before ordering and mention you want snapshot capability. They might be able to supply you one with a firmware version that can do it.

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I don't know the answer to your snapshot, but the Besafe BS-BH24S200-POE is a rebranded Longse LBH24S200. The Longse LBH24S200 appears to be discontinued but you can still find it on AliExpress.

patrocle

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Old Thread...
Yes they went from Longse LBH24S200 to Longse LBH30S200 .

Got one from CDY-Technique Store on AliExpress to test , then run into problems having some foggy circles on the camera at night it look some kind reflection from the glass/plastic of the front of the camera . (Day time is running fine)
So CDY-Technique Store sent me a glass front screen to replace and at the same time thinking that they may fixed the problem i got 2 more , one for my inside the garage and one more outside. (The 2 outside they are directly into the rain,sun etc.)
Now the one in the Garage works fine day/night , but the new one that is out side is doing the same stuff as the other , getting a lot of foggy circles at night, and interesting at day time is fine! I think the ir leds are reflecting into the glass cover and back to the lens... bad design.
I have learned my lesson with this specific model Longse LBH24S200 or even if the new model Longse LBH30S200 anything different.
I have the LBW90S500 and have no problems with that one yet.
Maybe is time to stay way from Longse all together!

Attachments

Kawboy12R

Known around here
Reaction score
Is there anything in front of and just off to the side of the camera that could be reflecting it back into the lens? If not, then what does it look like at night if you take the glass off? Maybe take a black Sharpie and black out the white frame around the glass in case it is reflecting off the cam housing itself.

patrocle

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
No nothing in front or to the side.
Interesting , while back when i had this problem during night , i took the face glass plate off and everything was working fine, so must be the design of the front face plate glass reflecting back.
See attached few pictures how is the design of it.

Attachments

patrocle

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Also the seller CDY-Technique replied to my message on aliexpress, as i asked what is the difference between the "Longse LBH24S200 to Longse LBH30S200" and
he replied :
>>>
They are more or less the same. Just the led light board change.
LBH30S200 have upgrade the SMDIR, the night vision will better than LBH24S200
(see his attached picture)
>>>
So it looks like i have the SMDIR on my cameras , but now they have the black glass design.

Attachments

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Remove the hood that extends over the front of the cam, see if that helps with the reflections.

Make sure the foam ring around the lens is snug against the glass.

Kawboy12R

Known around here
Reaction score
Try moving the foam ring forward on the lens so it abuts the glass when you reinstall.