Q's Cheap Camera Shootout

Larebear

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I don't intend to use POE and didn't see the current requirements listed in the specs. Would the 1.5A adapter be adequate?
It should be but I usually use 2A adapters with my cameras that don't include PoE, just for more peace of mind. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

DryHeat

n3wb
Reaction score
Great thread, thank you! I just ordered a "BeSafe" to replace an older wireless Foscam that finally bit the dust. The value and image quality of this camera looks hard to beat. Again, thank you for taking the time to compare all of these cameras!

CapeData

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Disappointed & suspicious - got an email from aliexpress stating that my order had been "closed" for security reasons and they wanted me to submit various documents such as passport, social security card, driver's license, credit card image and statement, etc.

I think this is asking a little (actually, a lot) too much.

Have any of you experienced this?

I order a lot of merchandise online and have never run into this before.

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Great thread, thank you! I just ordered a "BeSafe" to replace an older wireless Foscam that finally bit the dust. The value and image quality of this camera looks hard to beat. Again, thank you for taking the time to compare all of these cameras!
Just remember @DryHeat...it's a $40.00 camera, and that's cheap.

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Disappointed & suspicious - got an email from aliexpress stating that my order had been "closed" for security reasons and they wanted me to submit various documents such as passport, social security card, driver's license, credit card image and statement, etc.

No; that definitely sounds like a Phishing scam. Did you log into AliExpress and look at your My AliExpress > My Orders to see if it really was cancelled?

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
But compared to Foscam pricing it should be $200.00

- - - Updated - - -

No, don't send in this multitude like that to anyone. Including your own bank!

Reaction score
I know... Maybe I should get two more to be safe? I have a Hikvision turret as well, but for more than half the price, this camera looks to be pretty solid.

CapeData

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
No; that definitely sounds like a Phishing scam. Did you log into AliExpress and look at your My AliExpress > My Orders to see if it really was cancelled?
Yes, it was. I googled this, and others have had similar experiences with ali.

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
"SOUNDS LIKE" is an incorrect description bro...should be "IS WITHOUT A DOUBT IS DEFINATELY" would be a much more appropriate one. run

CapeData

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
"SOUNDS LIKE" is an incorrect description bro...should be "IS WITHOUT A DOUBT IS DEFINATELY" would be a much more appropriate one. run
Are there any other sources for this camera?

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
(With added IR light from a Hikvision DS-2CD3345-I EXIR camera which is mounted immediately above the BeSafe camera)

LittleScoobyMaster

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
(With added IR light from a Hikvision DS-2CD3345-I EXIR camera which is mounted immediately above the BeSafe camera)

Awesome IMX322, and more importantly, Awesome Zombie-Cat!!! Looks like it got a hold of some tainted utopium and Max Rager.

Travieso

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hey Q2U just curious on how are you running the wires to all these cameras?

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
It housing does look the same as the Longse LDHC cameras @klasipca, excpt that the LDHC's include IR and your suggestion has no IR and I definitely need IR. Do you like the IMX225 sensor?

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hey Q2U just curious on how are you running the wires to all these cameras?
A bundle four (4) Cat5e ccables which are tie-wrapped together and exit a small channel in the basement Bilco doors and then lay on top of the grass. Not exactly state'o the art, eh?

I've come to like this camera location and I may install a permanent buried cable (or 2) in the future.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
your suggestion has no IR and I definitely need IR.
It might just be a 'black face' variant, with the LEDs under the IR-transparent plastic.
But I didn't read the product description fully.

*edit* You are correct - no IR.