Q's Cheap Camera Shootout

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
AND THE WINNER IS!

Tonight we run our last camera, the $47.65 BeSafe BS-BH24S200-POE | 1/2.8" Sony IMX322 Sensor | 2MP | 3.6mm | 1920x1080 | 4096 bitrate | 10fps & iFrame @ 1 (?)

The BeSafe be well built camera. It was quite simple to setup and configure, and the manufacturer has paid attention to small details. The camera web interface is easy to use and it is stable, although it did crash IE11 once in a while. The menus are well laid out and easy to use. All-in-all, the camera software is simple...but a winner. This camera clearly has the best night-vision of all the cameras we tested. Although the day image provided by the Hikvision DS-2CD3345-I bested all the cameras in this test (because of it's greater pixel density I believe) the DS-2CD3345-I's night-vision completely suQed...and that's with a "Q" my friends which denoted serious sucQage. I declare the $47.65 BeSafe BS-BH24S200-POE the winner of Q's Cheap Camera Shootout!

BeSafe BS-BH24S200-POE Day

BeSafe BS-BH24S200-POE Night

Last edited by a moderator:

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
Thanx for all the good info, Q!

Does the besafe/herospeed firmware have the same limitation on the auto/manual exposure as the Longse/herospeed firmware?
IE: if you put it in 'manual' does it treat that as a hard & fast setting, like the the longse, or does it allow for shorter exposures
as needed (not blowing out in daytime,) like most other decent cams (hik, dahua, huisun, etc...)?

As I see it, there should be a mode where you can set the MAX exposure time, and the cam adjusts exposure automatically as needed
without going longer than the max you set. Whether that's called 'auto' or 'manual' or 'semi-auto' is irrelevant, but that
functionality appears to be missing from the Longse/herospeed firmware and is my biggest gripe about those cams. Without it,
one cannot set a max exposure to optimize night-time motion blur for identification purposes. I prefer to trade off a little brightness
for sharper motion shots, and without such a setting, cannot dial these cams in the way I like...

Kawboy12R

Known around here
Reaction score
I have a Besafe bullet. Mine has the option in firmware to specify the max exposure length in auto mode but it doesn't seem to work. I can change the numbers in milliseconds but the image doesn't seem to reflect it. IIRC the default length works out to 1/15th of a second. Not sure if there's some kind of "trick" to get it working properly or not.

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
perhaps the heros at herospeed decided to simply hide that option entirely in newer firmware rather than make it work properly... :-(

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
I have to add that imx322 on Longse vf is better then imx322 on mini Ptz most likely due to lens

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
...Does the besafe/herospeed firmware have the same limitation on the auto/manual exposure as the Longse/herospeed firmware?
IE: if you put it in 'manual' does it treat that as a hard & fast setting, like the the longse, or does it allow for shorter exposures
as needed (not blowing out in daytime,) like most other decent cams (hik, dahua, huisun, etc...)?...
Poszzello, the firmware options and settings which are accessed through each camera's web interface are IDENTICAL; I'm not talking Frank Gorshin Star Trek episode identical bro...

I'm talking Chinese Clone Factory identical...

Kawboy12R

Known around here
Reaction score
The almighty Hikvision doesn't do auto exposure properly yet either. Or Dahua.

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Besafe now bemoreexpensive
US $59.81 /piece
BE still brother and don't BBreave Brother @frankred: I BElieve that the BEsate actually BE a Longse camera...and it comes with a BEvy of sensor options. If you decide which sensor you want, plug the Longse Model Number into Aliexpress search and peruse the results. You may be pleasantly surprised at the prices. I believe it may be one of these cameras...

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
And this may be proof my Qontention: this "Besafe" camera lists the "Model Number: LBH24A200" which is a Longse model number for the Longse LBH24 line of cameras.

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Besafe probably buy from Longse and sell on Aliexpress. Most serious IP manufacturers won't be selling on Aliexpress IMO.

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Besafe probably buy from Longse and sell on Aliexpress. Most serious IP manufacturers won't be selling on Aliexpress IMO.
I believe that is probably true. Search Aliexpress for "Longse" and I get 1 camera and 1 pair of pants protest02.gif

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Lawnmower Man. And yes I do each pass twice...once in each direction. I used to do it twice in the same direction but I came to realize that for many years I'd been doing it wrong.

This is the Besafe (Longse) IMX322 | 2MP 1920x1080 | 3.6mm | 10fps | Wacky Herospeed bitrate of "1S" VBR.

Be sure to set YouTube viewing to "1080p HD"