Qsee/dahua 4mp system on sale at costco

JimandYen

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thank you for taking the time to post those images from the Q-see system.
We have been looking at all the different specs trying to decide.
They look good and the 16 channel system being on sale @ Costco I think makes a good buy.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thank you for taking the time to post those images from the Q-see system.
We have been looking at all the different specs trying to decide.
They look good and the 16 channel system being on sale @ Costco I think makes a good buy.
Note that the images are from the 2mp lorex system made by the same manufacture (dahua) that makes the 4mp system...the images on the qsee 4mp should be even better.

JimandYen

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Note that the images are from the 2mp lorex system made by the same manufacture (dahua) that makes the 4mp system...the images on the qsee 4mp should be even better.
OOps. Read it wrong. Thanks for the correction. The Q-see system is what we are wanting.

JimandYen

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Can some one tell me if these low light specs for the Qsee / Duhua cams included in this Costco sale system are good, decent, great, etc....?

#QCN8026b ---

1.) Min Lux Illumination 0.01/F2.0(color), 0/F2.0(b&w-LEDS on)

2.) Night Vision Range Up to 100ft.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Can some one tell me if these low light specs for the Qsee / Duhua cams included in this Costco sale system are good, decent, great, etc....?

#QCN8026b ---

1.) Min Lux Illumination 0.01/F2.0(color), 0/F2.0(b&w-LEDS on)

2.) Night Vision Range Up to 100ft.
The numbers are technically good...though they have the same lux rating on the 3mp 4300c turret camera and its nowhere near the new 4mp hikvisions at night and low light...the 4mp may be different. Since its costco, I say run your own cable, test it..worst case you can always return it no questions asked...

JimandYen

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks. That's one of the things I've been concerned about is how well the low light system works.
I can bench test it and if all else fails try something else. Not sure about the Avertx sytem at Costco. Don't see a whole lot mentioned about it.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks. That's one of the things I've been concerned about is how well the low light system works.
I can bench test it and if all else fails try something else. Not sure about the Avertx sytem at Costco. Don't see a whole lot mentioned about it.
One thing about testing...you need to do it outside in the environment its going to be used...almost any camera will perform well indoors because the IR has lots of walls to bounce off of...
Never seen the avertx used...

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
There are now a few reviews on this 4mp system..users report good night images...its hard to rely on the reviews because we dont know what they are comparing it to or their level of expertise, but sounds promising..

falc97

n3wb
Reaction score
@granttrotterThis is a rebranded dahua system. Dahua and hikvision are both quality brands. I have not seen images from these cameras however the specs are good, and they have good low lux numbers (low light) - better than the 3mp hikvisions and on par with the new 4mp hikvisions (currently available only direct from china)..I say get the system...worst case return it to costco...

Do you know what the Dahua version model # is? Ive looked all over and dont see it even on the Dahua site

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Do you know what the Dahua version model # is? Ive looked all over and dont see it even on the Dahua site
Dahua doesnt sell this design under its brand name. If you look at the manuals for these qsee cameras you will see the firmware is dahuas. They are also identical in appearance to the FLIR cameras (parent company of lorex), who sources their cameras from dahua.

TonyB

Young grasshopper
Reaction score

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score

JimandYen

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Something to think about before you buy. When researching cam systems earlier this year I found Lorex systems were not ONVIF compliant and using different cameras might be a problem later on.

Here's one notice they put on their website:

* The camera is not ONVIF compliant and it cannot be used without a compatible NVR.

https://www.lorextechnology.com/site/HD-IP-camera/Dome-security-camera-for-HD-DVR/1800.p

Things change so they might have ONVIF compliant ones now....

Last edited by a moderator:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
When researching cam systems earlier this year I found Lorex systems were not ONVIF compliant and using different cameras might be a problem later on.

Here's one notice they put on their website:

* The camera is not ONVIF compliant and it cannot be used without a compatible NVR.

https://www.lorextechnology.com/site/HD-IP-camera/Dome-security-camera-for-HD-DVR/1800.p

Things change so they might have ONVIF compliant ones now....
That is an older lorex camera that is actually a rebranded hikvision 2132. I havent tested it but I doubt they wrote custom firmware removing onvif...but who knows...

TonyB

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
its 2mp 1080p
yes it is dahua..
Thank you fenderman, again.

Where does one see a difference/s between a 2 and 3, MP camera, both doing 1080p? From my notes, for whatever reason, I had noted to get or build a 1080p system, with ideally 3MP cameras. Maybe I don't "need" 3 MP, and 2 would be plenty fine...

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thank you fenderman, again.

Where does one see a difference/s between a 2, 3, MP camera, both doing 1080p? From my notes, for whatever reason, I had noted to get or build a 1080p system, with ideally 3MP cameras. Maybe I don't "need" 3 MP, and 2 would be plenty fine...
It varies by camera...for example, with hivision, you dont get more noticeable clarity (pixels per foot) than in 2mp mode..you simple get a larger vertical field of view and a bit narrower horizontal...in general a native 2mp camera will be better in low light than 3mp...

TonyB

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
It varies by camera...for example, with hivision, you dont get more noticeable clarity (pixels per foot) than in 2mp mode..you simple get a larger vertical field of view and a bit narrower horizontal...in general a native 2mp camera will be better in low light than 3mp...
Interesting, thank you.

If I were to go this route, this 16 channel Lorex POE offering, with 12 2MP cameras, do you know if I'd be able to successfully add a "non-Lorex" camera, a POE Hikvision one, like the DS-2CD2032?